Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Pulling before the tank


Ifolad's Avatar


Ifolad
04.21.2014 , 11:07 AM | #1
So with the new tactical fp's it is possible to get into a group with 4 dps, 4 heals, 4 tanks, or any combination of that.
So why when you get a tank, 2 dps, and a healer do we ignore the trinity in tactical Fp's, moreover why do people ignore that their is a tank and jump on ahead and pull before the tank? Is it because we all know they (tactical fp) are easy?

I guess as a tank i get annoyed when people pull before me, as a healer i get annoyed when people pull before the tank cause NO MATTER how "OP" that particular person is pulling before the tank requires ME AS HEALER to work harder, and i REALLY hate as a DPS when the healer pulls before everyone.

Now, is this because people are IMPATIENT or do they really see the encounter as NON-THREATENING?

I'm inclined to assume most of you who are guilty of this are just impatient and use the reason "it is easy" as an excuse for your lack of patience. That is all. /endrant.

I don't have a signature, but i play on The Shadowlands.

Ifolad's Avatar


Ifolad
04.21.2014 , 11:09 AM | #2
in edit: sadly 99.9% of the people WHO NEED to read this, will NOT read it.

JMagee's Avatar


JMagee
04.21.2014 , 11:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifolad View Post
So with the new tactical fp's it is possible to get into a group with 4 dps, 4 heals, 4 tanks, or any combination of that.
So why when you get a tank, 2 dps, and a healer do we ignore the trinity in tactical Fp's, moreover why do people ignore that their is a tank and jump on ahead and pull before the tank? Is it because we all know they (tactical fp) are easy?

I guess as a tank i get annoyed when people pull before me, as a healer i get annoyed when people pull before the tank cause NO MATTER how "OP" that particular person is pulling before the tank requires ME AS HEALER to work harder, and i REALLY hate as a DPS when the healer pulls before everyone.

Now, is this because people are IMPATIENT or do they really see the encounter as NON-THREATENING?

I'm inclined to assume most of you who are guilty of this are just impatient and use the reason "it is easy" as an excuse for your lack of patience. That is all. /endrant.

I don't have a signature, but i play on The Shadowlands.
I think you would classify me as one of the "impatient" DPS types.

Reasons why I'll pull selective trash mobs on Tactical FPs,
1. I'm geared well enough.
2. I have CDs available to keep myself alive if no one else follows suit.
3.The tank is standing there, twitching, not moving, contemplating a RC or a "rdy?" in group chat.
4. There's a pat walking by, or will get in the way if we wait any longer.
5. I'm trying to move quickly because I'm only in at this point for achievements/pets/mounts/relic drops.
6. If it can be done with 4dps, there is certainly enough leeway for DPS to pull and burn down a pack.
7. The tank jumps in, only damages 1 enemy, and the adds are on the DPS/healers shortly there after. If I know this is going to happen, why wait for it to happen. At least I can keep some of them off of the healer, in conjunction with the tank.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm not saying I'm right. But these are some insights as to why I would pull a group that I know I can kill, without waiting for the tank to jump in first.

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
04.21.2014 , 11:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JMagee View Post
6. If it can be done with 4dps, there is certainly enough leeway for DPS to pull and burn down a pack.
This, a hundred times this, and the point about slow tanks, I normally chain pull when I am tanking unless I am really low on HP or the healer is ****** geared. It was one of the biggest problems I faced when I was DPS:ing, tanks doing ready checks before trash packs or just standing around waiting when everyone is ready and at 100% health.

I tend to votekick such tanks right before last boss with some snarky message (as I mostly play with guildmembers the tank is kicked) and then do it with another DPS companion instead. Thankfully I think a lot learnt from it since now this problem with slow tanks isn't such a regular issue anymore.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

namesaretough's Avatar


namesaretough
04.21.2014 , 11:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I tend to votekick such tanks right before last boss with some snarky message (as I mostly play with guildmembers the tank is kicked) and then do it with another DPS companion instead.
You're an ***
Smugglin

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
04.21.2014 , 11:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
You're an ***
Darkside V, gotta roleplay
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

wadecounty's Avatar


wadecounty
04.21.2014 , 11:53 AM | #7
I think OP's problem is more with people purposely pulling before your average tank, not an exceedingly slow one.

Example, I'll be on my Jugg, tactical pops and I'm the only one who can tank and has tank gear so I figure why not. So we start going along, and I have Warmongerer spec'd (reduces cooldown of charge everytime you're attacked) so I have it up very quickly, and yet I STILL somehow have people running ahead of me trying to pull first, as if its some sort of race or we're trying to set speed records or something.

For these special types of people, I'll generally drop and /ignore. Won't really matter to them for tacticals but if they ever want to get a regular hard mode queue to pop, too bad so sad, one less tank to carry you.
Kandel - Juggernaut Leěf - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

Scorecard's Avatar


Scorecard
04.21.2014 , 11:54 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I tend to votekick such tanks right before last boss with some snarky message (as I mostly play with guildmembers the tank is kicked) and then do it with another DPS companion instead. Thankfully I think a lot learnt from it since now this problem with slow tanks isn't such a regular issue anymore.
Sorry, but I've got to agree with namesaretough, you're an ***. It's people like you that has made me, essentially, stop tanking group finder or for random people who may ask.
Squadron 367

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
04.21.2014 , 11:57 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
I think OP's problem is more with people purposely pulling before your average tank, not an exceedingly slow one.

Example, I'll be on my Jugg, tactical pops and I'm the only one who can tank and has tank gear so I figure why not. So we start going along, and I have Warmongerer spec'd (reduces cooldown of charge everytime you're attacked) so I have it up very quickly, and yet I STILL somehow have people running ahead of me trying to pull first, as if its some sort of race or we're trying to set speed records or something.

For these special types of people, I'll generally drop and /ignore. Won't really matter to them for tacticals but if they ever want to get a regular hard mode queue to pop, too bad so sad, one less tank to carry you.
Well yea at that point, if not in tactical flashpoints, I think the issue is with the DPS, if the tank is pulling each pack at a normal rate and not being afk before each trashpack and stuff, the issue is clearly with the DPS.

Quote: Originally Posted by Scorecard View Post
Sorry, but I've got to agree with namesaretough, you're an ***. It's people like you that has made me, essentially, stop tanking group finder or for random people who may ask.
Life is hard as a Darkside V Roleplayer, but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Kawabonga's Avatar


Kawabonga
04.21.2014 , 12:02 PM | #10
I'll be honest... i pull in normal flashpoints as well when i'm on my dps. My main is a tank and it's been since my first day in this game. I know what the pace should be based on the group i get (i'm a stalker... i inspect everyone :P) and i know from experience many tanks are hesitant to set it, so i do it for them. I do use some judgment obviously... if the healer is starved for resources or the whole group is at <60% i pause for a while.

I honestly don't mind if dps pull first when i'm on my healer as long as they do it with some criteria. They never manage when i'm on my tank.