Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

where are our bunny costumes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
where are our bunny costumes

AlrikFassbauer
04.21.2014 , 05:36 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
Is there any precedent anywhere in the SW EU for bunny analogues, though?
Jaxxon.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

dr_mike
04.21.2014 , 12:57 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Jaxxon.
So it's canon then

Hey Doctor who has it's penguin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frobis...8Doctor_Who%29
Note to self: Create a Forum Signature

NoFishing
04.21.2014 , 01:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
Even with Cartel / $$$-focus BioWare still tries to stay reasonably true to in-universe lore.
And this is why we can't have nice things. Because every suggestion/idea has to pass the lore/immersion test.

DarthDymond
04.21.2014 , 01:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Jaxxon.
lol that's immediately where my mind went when I saw this thread.

Hey, if they wanna put in a Lepi NPC for a Life Day style event, I'd be on board with it. Maybe a smuggler who lost his cargo of whatever the SW equivalent of Fraberg้ Eggs are and now he needs help finding them.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

DOHboy
04.21.2014 , 01:19 PM | #15
i suddenly had the vision of that magazines bunny... an armor set with a dancers top (no flaps) dancers bottom (with a fluffy tail) and ears...thigh high stiletto boots optional.

AlrikFassbauer
04.21.2014 , 01:29 PM | #16
There is already an "Lepi Dance" emote in the game, isn't it ?
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Sempronos
04.21.2014 , 01:32 PM | #17
The OP is quite obviously a troll seeking attention.
---- There is no Spoon ----

ZionHalcyon
04.21.2014 , 02:07 PM | #18
Technically speaking, the entire EU has been flushed and jettisoned with the exception of the Clone Wars cartoon.

They are starting over.

So thus far, no, no rabbits in Star Wars.

They have said they are open to taking character ideas and templates from the old EU and putting them into canon with a new name (mostly because DelRay owns part of the naming rights for those characters, so they would do this to avoid a legal issue), but I highly doubt much if anything from the old marvel comics makes the cut.
BobVader - We will always remember.
Remain civil in the face of incivility, lest you be the barbarian.

lumuni
04.21.2014 , 02:24 PM | #19
squirrels would've been better
Prophecy of the Five
Imperial: Liston 55 PT Tank, Tech'novik'ing 55 Sniper, Rallin 55 Merc DPS, Mitth'raw'nurua 55 Op Healer, Mitth'raw'nitha 55 Sorc Healer, Arelleth 55 Juggernaut Tank, Broken-Window XX Assassin Tank,
Republic:Flo'nasty 55 Gunslinger, Brick'wall 55 Vanguard Tank, Mitth'raw'naga 55 Sage Healer, Rongeur XX Shadow Tank

DarthDymond
04.21.2014 , 03:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Technically speaking, the entire EU has been flushed and jettisoned with the exception of the Clone Wars cartoon.

They are starting over.

So thus far, no, no rabbits in Star Wars.
From the Galactic Ace Starfighter Pack: "Emote: Lepi Hop" - so whatever else happens, Lepi exist in SWTOR

Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
They have said they are open to taking character ideas and templates from the old EU and putting them into canon with a new name (mostly because DelRay owns part of the naming rights for those characters, so they would do this to avoid a legal issue), but I highly doubt much if anything from the old marvel comics makes the cut.
Do you have a source for that? I ask because Del Rey was fully able to use characters and names from the Bantam Spectra era; Dark Horse has used names from the (original) Marvel run of comics; and various SW games (including SWTOR but especially SWG) have used names from the full gamut of different SW media publishers, be they novels, comics or other video games.

It seems like Lucas Arts has always been pretty savvy about retaining all the rights to anything that appears in the Star Wars universe - which isn't surprising since Lucas made his fortune off of knowing what rights to hold onto.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain