Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is companion character potential simply wasted in SW:ToR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is companion character potential simply wasted in SW:ToR?

Lunafox
04.22.2014 , 02:15 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
Guess what? That's the case of every one of the 8 female Protagonists. And you don't get any flirts going for half of them either.

Ashara might be a hard character, but at least she is a Torguta. Quinn or Iresso don't even have a cool species going for them. So far for me female SW is probably the worst class to play companions wise. If anyone needs a new companion, it's an unfortunate SW female that is offered a tantalizing perspective of sexually harassing Quinn in a brain dead way (You like me! No I don't! You like me! No, I don't... and like that 50 times)

What I would like to see is a universal male companion for female PCs (at least; SGR would be great' and male equivalent is good to have, but really, there is so much going for males already compared to the females...) with multiple different species overlays addable on the Fleet that will add a whirlwind crazy adventure-romance kind of experience throughout most planets. It might be a bit cheesy, but that's what this game really miss with its selection of too much like RL romantic sims-marry-talk about kids arcs with human male companions (well, you also can get dumped a couple of times too, hurray!). let it be about his story and personality for once, and FUN. And no marriage, just, you know, adventure & a few hot interludes.
The *only* thing going for Ashara is her species. I like the species...I HATE HER. Period.

I happen to agree with you that it sucks that male toons get alot more flirts and such than females. My female Sith is beautiful, and I can't believe no one tried to make a move on her...ever. I like the idea, of being able to customize your companions as much as you'd like. For some I don't think it would work as well, like Quinn for example, I think he pretty much needs to stay a human male, given how the empire is about aliens, but I can certainly see no reason why Andronikos couldn't be a togruta or a twilek or whatever...same goes with some of the other male and female companions. Species change would be an interesting option.
More Individual class/companion story extensions!
~I came, I saw, I went shopping.~

DomiSotto
04.22.2014 , 02:24 PM | #32
I see Quinn as a very awesome Chiss, actually But that's me. The beauty of customization is that if you don't want it, don't believe in it, you don't put it on, saves you the cc's or creds! Me, I waste it on custom overlays, even human ones.

I am not saying there is more going for Ashara than her species, I am saying at least I am making a Sith Inq Male to see for myself. Till then I reserve the judgment!

Lunafox
04.22.2014 , 04:07 PM | #33
I see Quinn as a very awesome Chiss, actually But that's me. The beauty of customization is that if you don't want it, don't believe in it, you don't put it on, saves you the cc's or creds! Me, I waste it on custom overlays, even human ones.

I am not saying there is more going for Ashara than her species, I am saying at least I am making a Sith Inq Male to see for myself. Till then I reserve the judgment!
Yeah, I suppose, he'd work as a Chiss, and even if it doesn't work for me, hey, the option should be there, if it works for you. I'm cool with that.

Have fun with your SI male.
More Individual class/companion story extensions!
~I came, I saw, I went shopping.~

DomiSotto
04.23.2014 , 08:13 AM | #34
Ah, if only we were the decision makers You'd have an option to strangle Ashara, I could customize all humans into aliens.... paradise....

TY, I think I will like playing He-Inquisitor. He's the third gen character, and I am still not finished the first gen.

freeoftime
04.23.2014 , 08:47 AM | #35
The Ashara romance is like the sweetest ever and so is she and I love her and she's my fave character in the game so far and I don't see that changing.

...Which reminds me, I should play my SI and finally finish his class story.

(So I can do it all over again for Ashara <.<)

So I dunno, I don't get the problems you guys have with her. Then again, my reaction to her saying that my SI is an ardent proponent of peace was squeeing about how well she understands them, so I have the feeling we're playing very different characters...

DomiSotto
04.23.2014 , 08:56 AM | #36
I am planning to play an LS Male Sith Inq, so I have a feeling that Ashara will be a compliment rather than a deterrent in that set up. Inq background does open avenues for either LS or DS, so it should be fun playing an LS Sith. So far I found DS SW lacking eloquence, grandeur and aptitude to stand for her convictions. She shrugs and kills too much for my liking instead of debating and corrupting the opponents. (I mean, common, a Jedi is telling her he is going to dedicate his life to hunting her down, and she doesn't take a jibe at his obvious lack of adherence?)

freeoftime
04.23.2014 , 09:08 AM | #37
I am planning to play an LS Male Sith Inq, so I have a feeling that Ashara will be a compliment rather than a deterrent in that set up. Inq background does open avenues for either LS or DS, so it should be fun playing an LS Sith. So far I found DS SW lacking eloquence, grandeur and aptitude to stand for her convictions. She shrugs and kills too much for my liking instead of debating and corrupting the opponents. (I mean, common, a Jedi is telling her he is going to dedicate his life to hunting her down, and she doesn't take a jibe at his obvious lack of adherence?)
Oh, LS SI is wonderful. Admittedly, some of the class story stuff points you in a more grey direction -- but imho that tends to be more interesting than the light shining out of your you know what anyway.

But generally? LS SI is a lot of fun, and yeah, Ashara really fits. (My SI is basically an affection starved puppy and he crushed on her before she even joined him, it was hilariously cute.) And I haven't tried DS SW yet, but my LS SW has been a lot of fun as well. Judging from what decisions I've seen so far and from testing out dialogue, LS with some DS options here and there (eg, I killed that agent's son on Balmorra and approved of how the second agent got killed; on the other hand, I spared the Republic troops and Rathari) seems to be the most fun and interesting.

the_kof
04.23.2014 , 10:24 AM | #38
I kind of like the companions we get, although I sometimes do things to increase their affection rather than my character would do. That said, I think it adds to the RP aspect; in the "real" world, you pick up tons of people that you don't like or get along with, but you have to work with them anyway.

DomiSotto
04.23.2014 , 11:52 AM | #39
That's a great way to look at it. On the other hand, I do understand the frustration of having to be with someone you hate to the point of screaming. In my case, as soon as that toon becomes optional, I am fine and dandy, live and let live. But when it is the only option, I am spitting fire and become companion-cidal.

I really dislike that the game punishes gray play. Oh, well If it did not I would never see the DS options, lol. We'll see if I have the guts to stick to it till the end.