Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

stealth for pve is useless

horrorfaneightys
04.21.2014 , 02:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I play my Shadow since release and never had a issue with stealth in SWTOR. I have done entire heroic 4 missions without a single fight, since I avoided every mobs there, not go too near to mobs you don't want to fight, staying behind them helps a lot. Use the ability that increases your stealth rating for a few seconds when needed and mezz the mobs which you what to pass close by. Also, as sin, use you speed boost, since the amount of time or how fast you pass a mob while in stealth is also a factor, so don't dally too long near them.
This is good advice. Sometimes just using your speed boost can help you avoid the mob in stealth. If you use mind snap on the character you want to maul or spike, that also usually helps to ensure that the move will come off successfully. But like other have said - stealth is not a guarantee that you will be able to skip mobs.
"There is no heavier burden than a great potential" ~ Linus, Peanuts
Morga-dar Level 54 Assassin Li'lu-fei Level 54 Sentinel
Xaniata-kee Level 53 Sniper Aiden-grey Level 55 Vanguard

Prototypemind
04.21.2014 , 02:30 AM | #12
Force Speed and Rocket Boost while stealth will get you past most any mob without issue. Mind Trap on the outermost enemy and then moving along the edges is also a good bet. One thing as well, you need to remove DoTs before using blackout, etc, or you will pop right back out of stealth once you take damage from the next tick.

arunav
04.21.2014 , 05:10 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I play my Shadow since release and never had a issue with stealth in SWTOR. I have done entire heroic 4 missions without a single fight, since I avoided every mobs there, not go too near to mobs you don't want to fight, staying behind them helps a lot. Use the ability that increases your stealth rating for a few seconds when needed and mezz the mobs which you what to pass close by. Also, as sin, use you speed boost, since the amount of time or how fast you pass a mob while in stealth is also a factor, so don't dally too long near them.
This. Sorry, Op, yours is a learn-to-play issue...

DOHboy
04.21.2014 , 08:53 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
This. Sorry, Op, yours is a learn-to-play issue...
considering I can walk past mobs while using force camo, OP should easily be able to walk around at will with actual stealth ability. Yes if you are underleveled for an NPC then they can and sometimes do detect you. which is why there are stuns and stealth boosts.

wilsonstone
04.21.2014 , 09:01 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by cefert View Post
hey guys i have a sin alt and whenever i go to use stealth to sneak by a mob whether they are weak standard silver or gold an orange circle appears over their heads and they aggro me and they dont have advanced stealth detection either so someone tell me is this a glitch or bug with stealth?
I don't think its a bug. I've stealthed around NPCs that a lower level than I am and had them sometimes detect me. I don't know if its a randomly calculated chance that they'll detect you or that they have a high degree of detection. But I do know sometimes it works and a few times I get detected.

Keep in mind if you are moving too slowly or stop too close to them they'll detect you most times. Are you sure they don't have those little detection droids that drop down every few seconds?

zachass
04.21.2014 , 09:07 AM | #16
If anything, stealth is far more useless in pvp than pve. Any living person with eyes can see a stealthed character rollingup.
The Thelema Legacy on The Shadowlands

Rafaman
04.21.2014 , 09:08 AM | #17
You must be a low level. There are skills that increase your stealth ability has you progress.

Basically, stealth is one of the reasons Assassins and Shadows are great to level. You can easily get to objectives and on occasion solo Heroics without much problem using stealth. Personally, I have never had a problem. But... it is stealth not invisibility. If you get too close to mobs and stand there you will be detected.

AGSThomas
04.21.2014 , 09:10 AM | #18
Use Black Out.
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

wilsonstone
04.21.2014 , 09:11 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
You must be a low level. There are skills that increase your stealth ability has you progress.

Basically, stealth is one of the reasons Assassins and Shadows are great to level. You can easily get to objectives and on occasion solo Heroics without much problem using stealth. Personally, I have never had a problem. But... it is stealth not invisibility. If you get too close to mobs and stand there you will be detected.
Ha...one night I ran right up to a mob, planning to wipe them out and then remembered....I forgot to hit stealth. Made me wish they had a Monty Python "Run Away! Run Away!" emote.

AlienEyeTX
04.21.2014 , 09:12 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
There are also skills that passively raise your stealth level, such as Infiltrator, that make it harder to be detected. You can also dramatically increase your stealth level with abilities like Sneak.

If you want to bypass a group of mobs, your best bet is to hit Sneak and then run past them.

At higher levels, you also unlock Cloaking Screen, which will drop you into stealth even when in combat.
^This. Stealth is great, but when you want to skip a large group or a tougher enemy, you should sneak and then use the speed burst thingy. You want to get out of their detection range as fast as possible. As someone else mentioned, mind trap is useful, too. Just be sure to get our of range before it drops.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric