Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 10 under-rated Force Users

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Top 10 under-rated Force Users

Aurbere
04.20.2014 , 10:24 AM | #1
I decided to bring this topic back (original found here) because we kinda fell off track and didn't finish. So hopefully we can stay on track and finish it. Anyway, here's what we have so far.

1. Darth Malak

Do we want to keep Plagueis up at 1, or is someone else more deserving?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

LordQordisz
04.20.2014 , 11:15 AM | #2
I don't know if Plagueis is the most under-rated. At least not if the book about him has been read.

Spoiler

Of course we know of the power ascribed to him by Sidious in Episode 3 to Anakin.

Spoiler

Some may wonder at his abilities in comparison with others. It seems to me that he, and even his master, like Sidious afterwards, were all on steroids. Even Sidious says of himself and Plagueis in comparison to the Jedi:

"While he accepted that he and Plagueis were more than equal to the most powerful of the Jedi Order, he understood that they were no match for their combined strength." [Ch. 18]

It seems presumably even Yoda is not greater than Plagueis.

Finally there is also this piece of text regarding Plagueis when Sidious sees him after he got injured.

Spoiler

Perhaps Vader should be #1. Fans seem to doubt his powers, even his saber skills, and it seems the extent of his abilities was probably only recognized by Sidious. He was a tower of power.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

Aurbere
04.20.2014 , 11:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Err, I nominate Darth Malak.
For #1?
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Sidenti
04.20.2014 , 11:22 AM | #5
Guss Tuno. That ****** juggles lightsabers in his underwear.

Let's see Revan's emo posterior top THAT.

Aurbere
04.20.2014 , 11:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LordQordisz View Post
I don't know if Plagueis is the most under-rated. At least not if the book about him has been read.

Spoiler

Of course we know of the power ascribed to him by Sidious in Episode 3 to Anakin.

Spoiler

Some may wonder at his abilities in comparison with others. It seems to me that he, and even his master, like Sidious afterwards, were all on steroids. Even Sidious says of himself and Plagueis in comparison to the Jedi:

"While he accepted that he and Plagueis were more than equal to the most powerful of the Jedi Order, he understood that they were no match for their combined strength." [Ch. 18]

It seems presumably even Yoda is not greater than Plagueis.

Finally there is also this piece of text regarding Plagueis when Sidious sees him after he got injured.

Spoiler

Perhaps Vader should be #1. Fans seem to doubt his powers, even his saber skills, and it seems the extent of his abilities was probably only recognized by Sidious. He was a tower of power.
The novel certainly makes a point, but we discussed this list a fair time ago when some felt that he was more of a nerd than anything else.

Honestly, I think we can safely remove Plagueis for now.

Selenial
04.20.2014 , 11:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Err, I nominate Darth Malak.
Eh.

Traya.
Sion.
Ventress.
Shaak Ti.
Fisto...

Vader?
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Aurbere
04.20.2014 , 11:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Eh.

Traya.
Sion.
Ventress.
Shaak Ti.
Fisto...

Vader?
I'd actually add Dooku to that list of names. He's only seen as a great swordsman, even then few see how amazing he is (dat season 6 duel ).

Good choices so far.

Beniboybling
04.20.2014 , 11:25 AM | #9
I think an over-rated thread would be more fun to be honest, but that can wait.

Aurbere
04.20.2014 , 11:26 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sidenti View Post
Guss Tuno. That ****** juggles lightsabers in his underwear.

Let's see Revan's emo posterior top THAT.
I never really cared for Guss. Then again, I rarely play my Smuggler.