Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked daily/weeklies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ranked daily/weeklies
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KEKHAN
04.21.2014 , 04:31 PM | #21
I'd rather not see ranked PvP just become a way to earn different comms, when you queue for ranked your expecting a hard game against good players otherwise what's the point of it?

JediMasterSLC
04.21.2014 , 04:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Wonkanerd View Post
Alex, you make me proud. Not only me, but all PvPers,
Agreed, thanks Alex.

MotorCityMan
04.21.2014 , 04:38 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KEKHAN View Post
I'd rather not see ranked PvP just become a way to earn different comms, when you queue for ranked your expecting a hard game against good players otherwise what's the point of it?
Without match making, this won't happen anyways.

Skinnychalk
04.21.2014 , 04:38 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
This is understandable and will happen to many players, even me no doubt =/

However we feel that having wins be the only criteria is a better way to go instead of making them games played. This is because of the incentive to play the gamemode for the right reasons (to win) is much lower for someone who is just interested in completing the daily/weekly. A percentage of the Ranked population would be queuing just to complete a quest and that would be detrimental to the team. We feel Games Played with an incentive (Double counts for Wins) is more acceptable in Unranked games because of the larger team size (less personal impact on if your team wins or loses) and more casual atmosphere.

This is our current philosophy on the choice we made but if it isn't working out we will make adjustments where and when possible.

Cheers!
Your sir are a champion

DarrelK
04.21.2014 , 04:56 PM | #25
Great news!
Oberei (Shadow DPS) [TOFN & TRE]
+ Alts

Selenial
04.21.2014 , 04:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
We? So, your speaking for thousands of people?

Making wins the only way to get this stuff is stupid. You could do 20 games and not get one single win, NO that is not a reflection on YOU as a player, that was the problem with it being wins before. I remember when the weekly PVP required wins and doing 20 games with still and not getting one single win because half the rest of the teams were just kill farming. So, this "win" requirement is nonsense.

Furthermore, I get real sick of this elitist "hardcore" attitude from alot of PVPers. Take your rude, gloating, ego elsewhere.
So tell me, oh wise exalted one, if there was a Que, and ONLY a RANDOM Que to get into DF NiM, and you lost a token of gear for quitting said pug...

And you got someone in level 43 greens.

How would you feel?

Seriously this is one of the stupidest, Short sighted, over personalized and bigoted post i've seen on the forums.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial
04.21.2014 , 05:00 PM | #27

However we feel that having wins be the only criteria is a better way to go instead of making them games played. This is because of the incentive to play the gamemode for the right reasons (to win) is much lower for someone who is just interested in completing the daily/weekly. A percentage of the Ranked population would be queuing just to complete a quest and that would be detrimental to the team. We feel Games Played with an incentive (Double counts for Wins) is more acceptable in Unranked games because of the larger team size (less personal impact on if your team wins or loses) and more casual atmosphere.

This is our current philosophy on the choice we made but if it isn't working out we will make adjustments where and when possible.

Cheers!
Amazing.

You've saved my ranked Que, I was planning on never Queuing solo Que again, thank you.

But, Pray tell... When is 2.7.1?
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Master-Nala
04.21.2014 , 05:14 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
We? So, your speaking for thousands of people?

Making wins the only way to get this stuff is stupid. You could do 20 games and not get one single win, NO that is not a reflection on YOU as a player, that was the problem with it being wins before. I remember when the weekly PVP required wins and doing 20 games with still and not getting one single win because half the rest of the teams were just kill farming. So, this "win" requirement is nonsense.

Furthermore, I get real sick of this elitist "hardcore" attitude from alot of PVPers. Take your rude, gloating, ego elsewhere.
If I lost 20x in a row in RANKED, that character would be done for the season.
My 60s:Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concen., Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-K. Combat, Mioni - Seer, Vesnas-Tactics, Psionicist-TK Sinbad-Sawbones, Arbaaz-Serenity, Nal'aa-Infil, Hard-top, Assault

MarsherMeow
04.21.2014 , 05:14 PM | #29

Cheers!
The problem with it being wins is that its going to scare off people that are kind of on the borderline of doing it. They might be in all Obroan and somewhat decent at their class and they see the daily and go "oh this requires wins, I'm probably not going to win so I just won't bother"

Have matches played is going to attract a lot more people on the borderline and get them into it in the long term even if it does attract a few more "bads".

t-darko
04.21.2014 , 05:15 PM | #30
Making 'wins only' to count the Ranked Dailies is good for the game . . .

However it will destroy the illusion for many as to unbeatable they are - to rank a winner there always need to be a loser

. . . so I fore say an upswing for the imbalance threads and a the 'Bads get out of rank' threads . . .and 'oc the nerf this and that threads . . .

Since the rules of losing in PvP is in ranking order;
1) there were 'Bads' in my team
2) we faced a cowardly FOTM team
3) so nerf this
4) or that
5) the classes are imbalanced
6) no cross server queue because all good pvpers on my server, but me, has left the game
7) the devs suck

Quote: Originally Posted by MarsherMeow View Post
The problem with it being wins is that its going to scare off people that are kind of on the borderline of doing it. They might be in all Obroan and somewhat decent at their class and they see the daily and go "oh this requires wins, I'm probably not going to win so I just won't bother"

Have matches played is going to attract a lot more people on the borderline and get them into it in the long term even if it does attract a few more "bads".
Don't agree with you here

Those who want a competitive game should have their own space in the game,

It's all those who never manage to lose with grace, never use self reflection on their own play and who constantly refuse to learn from experience that will shun this