Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked daily/weeklies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ranked daily/weeklies
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

L-RANDLE
04.23.2014 , 08:52 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
ok, maybe an armor rating+expertise combination?
Nope.
Augment Check.
Increase bolstered EXP on raid gear.
Come up with some performance based metric to "qualify" to que spread across your legacy.

These changes would make regs more of a minor league where we come up with some advanced stat to determine performance based on key factors like object points, heals/damage/protect, cap plants/preventions, etc. All weighted against your teammates performance.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Groncho
04.23.2014 , 12:10 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Nope.
Augment Check.
Increase bolstered EXP on raid gear.
Come up with some performance based metric to "qualify" to que spread across your legacy.

These changes would make regs more of a minor league where we come up with some advanced stat to determine performance based on key factors like object points, heals/damage/protect, cap plants/preventions, etc. All weighted against your teammates performance.
Dude....this ain't NASA is EA.....COME ON!
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

L-RANDLE
04.23.2014 , 02:16 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
Dude....this ain't NASA is EA.....COME ON!
We can pretend right?
/putsontinfoilhatandmoonboots

Kerensk
04.23.2014 , 02:31 PM | #214
Or just let everybody play. They pay for the game too, they have the right to see how bad their standing is. Ranked is about ranking players, it's not an elitist club you need approval from the PvP forum monkeys to join.

Who are you to determine who is worthy of finding out what their rank is? So what if a window-licker wants to see where he stands? If he sucks his rank will drop and you won't be queued with him.

People act like they'll be grouped with noobs. Only if the community stays small; restricting entry will keep things the way they are now which nobody likes.

Plus people make it sound like they are the only ones getting stuck with noobs. Right now the same thing happens to the opposing team, they have the same disadvantage you have. If they continue to win with the same disadvantage maybe the problem is you relying on teammates to carry you instead of vice versa.

Lastly some of the people demanding a gear check are the same people claiming there is little or no gear gap.

If you can only win when you have the support of perfect team composition, where everybody has BiS gear, augs, stims, grenades, and only optimal character classes and builds maybe you're not as good as you think. Maybe you're one of the people relying on a perfect team to carry you. Because I still see people winning when being matched with horrible teams.

That is who deserves a high ranking, not the person who blames their failure on another player's gear.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it.

Jadescythe
04.23.2014 , 02:41 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerensk View Post
Or just let everybody play. They pay for the game too, they have the right to see how bad their standing is. Ranked is about ranking players, it's not an elitist club you need approval from the PvP forum monkeys to join.

Who are you to determine who is worthy of finding out what their rank is? So what if a window-licker wants to see where he stands? If he sucks his rank will drop and you won't be queued with him.

People act like they'll be grouped with noobs. Only if the community stays small; restricting entry will keep things the way they are now which nobody likes.

Plus people make it sound like they are the only ones getting stuck with noobs. Right now the same thing happens to the opposing team, they have the same disadvantage you have. If they continue to win with the same disadvantage maybe the problem is you relying on teammates to carry you instead of vice versa.

Lastly some of the people demanding a gear check are the same people claiming there is little or no gear gap.

If you can only win when you have the support of perfect team composition, where everybody has BiS gear, augs, stims, grenades, and only optimal character classes and builds maybe you're not as good as you think. Maybe you're one of the people relying on a perfect team to carry you. Because I still see people winning when being matched with horrible teams.

That is who deserves a high ranking, not the person who blames their failure on another player's gear.
Let me point out why some of your points are not complete.

1) We want a gear check so that you don't lose because of one players inability to purchase augments. No matter how fast their rating drops, they will still be matched with people ~1100-1200 when they start and mess up their games. And since there are a limited number of participants in queue at any time, they will continue getting matched with people far better than them and basically causing whichever team gets them to lose.

2) The gear gap is very small. Bolster can put you on par with Obroan and the gap to Brutalizer after that is very small. People running in higher tiered gear with less than 2018 expertise, however, are gimping themselves. People playing without augments are gimping themselves. This is the gear gap. Unless you think its possible to win with 5-6k less health than everyone else in ranked arenas.

3) No one is complaining about ALWAYS being stuck with noobs, rather that they are ALWAYS ruining games. I could get lucky and have some 26k HP sorc on the other team 10 games in a row and take my free ten wins. It makes ranked about luck of the draw (which it already is to a point in solo queue) and not about skill. The team without the super undergeared player is the winner, even if the three people on one team are better individually than the 4 on the other.
I have opinions and stuff

L-RANDLE
04.23.2014 , 03:45 PM | #216

Just because you pay, don't mean you automatically should get to access everything. Otherwise I would like to put in a request to be able to solo NiM OPS. As long as the devs are content with having gear as a part of the PvP equations, and want to even begin to discuss competitiveness, stats need to be normalized. Due to the coding, restrictions must be put into place to attempt to delete any plausible competitive advantage.

idnewton
04.23.2014 , 04:10 PM | #217
Plus people make it sound like they are the only ones getting stuck with noobs. Right now the same thing happens to the opposing team, they have the same disadvantage you have.
So your solution is to turn PvP into a giant gambling game? A simple question of who has more useless players? You want matches to be over before they even start?

No thanks.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +28,000

Fellow-Canadian
04.23.2014 , 05:35 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Just because you pay, don't mean you automatically should get to access everything. Otherwise I would like to put in a request to be able to solo NiM OPS. As long as the devs are content with having gear as a part of the PvP equations, and want to even begin to discuss competitiveness, stats need to be normalized. Due to the coding, restrictions must be put into place to attempt to delete any plausible competitive advantage.
Brilliant idea! The ranked queue wasn't dead enough but you thought of a way to further limit the amount of people who can play.
The Vale Legacy - The Harbinger
Kanadaii - Scoundrel
Exterminatos - Vanguard
Broadsideofbarn - Commando