Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There Needs to be SERIOUSLY Better Policing of the RP Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
There Needs to be SERIOUSLY Better Policing of the RP Servers

Drudenfusz
04.19.2014 , 04:30 AM | #11
RP server is not about rules, it is a tag to indicate where yoou have a higher chance to find like-minded people with a playstyle close to yours.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Kalfear
04.19.2014 , 04:48 AM | #12
This was a hot topic in closed beta and then even hotter when we all found out the so called RP servers were just normal server rules with a unenforced designation of RP.

As pointed out earlier in thread.

EA/Bioware didnt give a bleep about RPers when the game was new and they had many many many more RPers sub'd.
Dont expect them to give a bleep now

Truth is the RP servers chats should have been monitored and at the minimum there should have been a naming policy in place.

I like to tell a story about how bad its gotten online by the d0oD crowd abusing RPers with in early retail I was on DK as my Agent and I simply said over general

"Remember all, we at Imperial Intelligence are always watching"

And I got lambasted with insults and even told to die for putting Role Play on general chat

That happened ON a so called RP Server

Always found it strange that a company (Bioware) that made its bones off the backs of RPers had such disdain and disregard for its RP community in this game.

But yeah, sadly even though this game holds great RP potential in the setting
I wouldn't hold my breath on EA ever doing anything to improve the potential for the player base.
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets

Beansoup
04.19.2014 , 05:42 AM | #13
B e a n s o u p
The one man institution you can always trust to deliver. Quality bartending at the Guilded Cantina since the fifth thread

saremun
04.19.2014 , 05:51 AM | #14
I fully agree with the poster, iam not an RP person but i like to play in an emersive community but sadly day after day i see trolls and A## holes roling characters and just ruining the feeling you would think you get from an RP server...

As some stated above, Biowares future and this games future isnt promising really so i dont think something will happen.

Adaliaya
04.19.2014 , 06:05 AM | #15
I do not mean to offend you, OP, but seriously, why would someone else's name bother you? Sure if it's like mr. Fu*k or etc. but names such as Ikillandsmash, okay, someone didn't bother to think about his name, but... So what? Does that person really bother you with just existing? Trolls are of course different case but nice, helpful person called Ironman, is it really so bad you have to complain in forums? Why don't you just carry on and do your RP with people with names you accept?

saremun
04.19.2014 , 06:08 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
I do not mean to offend you, OP, but seriously, why would someone else's name bother you? Sure if it's like mr. Fu*k or etc. but names such as Ikillandsmash, okay, someone didn't bother to think about his name, but... So what? Does that person really bother you with just existing? Trolls are of course different case but nice, helpful person called Ironman, is it really so bad you have to complain in forums? Why don't you just carry on and do your RP with people with names you accept?
Then you know nothing about Rp lol, the names are very important in an RP server, BW doesnt really care about that but in other games they pay a great intention to it...

Adaliaya
04.19.2014 , 06:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
Then you know nothing about Rp lol, the names are very important in an RP server, BW doesnt really care about that but in other games they pay a great intention to it...
Sure names are important for RPrs, and I would understand if these Lolsmashe, Hulkkills etc. would try to roleplay with you, but if they just walk on you in cantina why don't you just think "oh well" and carry on?

Wylf
04.19.2014 , 06:15 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
Actually, the names aren't that important. Or, well, at least not in the way you think. I personally quite like the existance of names that really don't fit so well into the world - because that name gives me a rather clear indication if that other person is into roleplay or not. Refrigeratorbeam the Marauder probably won't be someone that I should engage in roleplay.

Forcing them to change their name won't turn them into roleplayers. You'll still be stuck with them.
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor

JattaGin
04.19.2014 , 06:19 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
I do not mean to offend you, OP, but seriously, why would someone else's name bother you?
It is highly annoying. It totally destroys the immersion if you see all these stupid names. It has been quite good on The Progenitor for a long time in my opinion, but nowadays the names I have to see e. g on the fleet are ridiculous to shameful. And it's not only that. A player who names his char like that also plays the same way he names his char: stupid, ridiculous, shameful. If you get such a char in your FP or PvP group, you know upfront that you lose.

I don't understand why these players chose a RP server in the first place. They don't do RP. They don't care. They are casuals at best. I would like a RP server policy, too. At least have a short intelligence test during character creation. Threshold may be IQ 60. It might rule out 70% of the newly created chars.

Drudenfusz
04.19.2014 , 06:21 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
It is highly annoying. It totally destroys the immersion if you see all these stupid names.
Shouldn't it ruin the immersion in the first place that you can see name above heads in the first place, no matter what the actuall name there is? You see, your argument is stupid!
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version