Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There Needs to be SERIOUSLY Better Policing of the RP Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
There Needs to be SERIOUSLY Better Policing of the RP Servers

Lunafox
04.22.2014 , 01:20 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Nobody. This was about inappropriate names.

Go ahead and try to explain to me how naming your character oOoCheezeB4llZoOo is "your way of roleplaying"... I'd love to hear that explanation.
You made me giggle. Thank you. I'd love to hear that too.
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~Take care everyone! May the Force be with you, always!~

Timarick
04.22.2014 , 05:20 PM | #122
good to see I am not alone in this department. Sure there are detractors but that's with every forum.

The_Grand_Nagus
04.22.2014 , 05:27 PM | #123
Yeah, sure it does. It also needs a lot of other, more important things. So stick this issue way down on the list. Cool.
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

wjrasmussen
04.22.2014 , 06:12 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Nobody. This was about inappropriate names.

Go ahead and try to explain to me how naming your character oOoCheezeB4llZoOo is "your way of roleplaying"... I'd love to hear that explanation.
Sure, you construct an absurd example then attack my point. I think your character name breaks RP rules, so do I get to say so? Don't be a punk about this.
A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault. ~John Henry Newman

Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten.

Khevar
04.22.2014 , 07:21 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by wjrasmussen View Post
Sure, you construct an absurd example then attack my point. I think your character name breaks RP rules, so do I get to say so? Don't be a punk about this.
Are you talking about OddballEasyEight's forum name that you object to?

Timarick
04.22.2014 , 11:39 PM | #126
Considering I've had to report a DOZEN names in the first 15 minutes of logging in today, this is getting more out of hand. One person called themselves "Padmé Naberrie" which anybody would tell you that was Padmé's birth name before she was christened Amidala. You bet your *** I reported that name, so much for iconic Star Wars names being off limits. Or did the devs forget there was an Episode I thru III? (most likely, I keep forgetting this IS the internet where the butthurt is obscenely strong...)

NikSunrider
04.23.2014 , 01:54 AM | #127
Frankly speaking, I see no difference between PvE and RP servers in the game.
To be honest, when I first started playing SWTOR, I was a COMPLETE noob, and picked the first server that appeared on the selection screen (the ebon hawk).

I do not RP myself, but there is NO WAY I am transferring 16 characters to Jung Ma or the Covenent. (16 x 1800 is 28800 CC, or ~$240)

While I am on the subject of servers, why's there none in oceania?

Names.....ya know what, Han Solo is not blocked ingame. Watch this: HŤŕn Sölo.
I actually seen a person with the name Révan, wearing the full getup and spouting some nonsense atop the VIP lounge.
So, no, even basic names are not policed.

Also, and yes I now know that RP servers don't have special rules ya-da-ya-da-ya, but, you should really come on Ebon Hawk's early hours pub fleetchat.
IN the eternal works of Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You will never find a more reched hive of scum and vallainy".

Anything from mockery, to outright threats, bullying, abuse, political propaganda on how great the US is, I could go on for pages. Not to mention the thrice-blasted gold spammers who I have /ignored at least 500 of.

RP on the Hawk is, at least quality RP, only conducted on personal starships within small guilds, or on custom channels.

I cannot express how much nonsense there is in cantinas, making it virtually impossible to get rested XP for the sake of my sanity.
Anything from how they are gonna kill the Sith Emperor, to how they are dating general Garza and Satele Shan, to ****, to I hesitate to post what, lest young impressionable minds read this comment.

Greater policing needs to happen, or people need unlimited -- and free -- character transfers, whichever is easier for BioWare to do. Frankly, the free transfers would hurt them less than paying staff to moderate, and then fees to take the mods to the shrink.

And on the subject of policing, WHY, oh WHY do you make the Dancer, Reveler, Relaxed, Extrovert and such gear?
If I see another female Sith pureblood shaking a near-naked thong-wearing rear at the GTN mailbox on the fleet, I'm gonna have to treat this game to a specail dose of SHIFT+DELETE and Control Panel » Programs » Uninstall A program » Star Wars: The Old Republic &action: Uninstall.

I believe I have spoken enough, but you are welcome to debate me. I will win, anyway.
Blunt logic and common sense are my specialities. Handy weapons, those.
PVP • GSF • FPs • OPs • 55s • you name it! • my ref link

Hawkside Guilds: «Home Front»«Dread Acendancy»

NikSunrider
04.23.2014 , 02:00 AM | #128
And, I'm perfectly aware that a legacy name of "Sunrider" breaks many RP rules.......but, did I say I was Nomi's grandkid? No. So no comments on that.
Nor on Meetr'ika. Because, I did not write Meetrâ, but something slightly more original. Learn Mando'a before commenting.

And on the subject of Mando'a, hardly anyone knows anything about the Star Wars Expanded Universe in this game. Lol, I've seen some RPers who forgot about KotOR entirely.....
Blunt logic and common sense are my specialities. Handy weapons, those.
PVP • GSF • FPs • OPs • 55s • you name it! • my ref link

Hawkside Guilds: «Home Front»«Dread Acendancy»

OddballEasyEight
04.23.2014 , 02:46 AM | #129
There are no RP rules...
There are, however, naming rules for the game. If you feel that my name violates those rules, feel free to report it.
In fact, I have had it pointed out to me that my legacy name (Kusanagi) is also from some anime show that I've never watched.
I told that person to just report me and let Bioware decide if it's against the rules or not.
Turns out it is also some legendary sword and a very common japanese name. So they let me keep the legacy name.

Also, I am not a punk. I shaved off my mohawk years ago.
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

OddballEasyEight
04.23.2014 , 03:03 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by NikSunrider View Post
I believe I have spoken enough, but you are welcome to debate me. I will win, anyway.
I'll take you up on that offer.

While I am on the subject of servers, why's there none in oceania?
There were, but they got shut down because of the low number of players.

Names.....ya know what, Han Solo is not blocked ingame. Watch this: HŤŕn Sölo.
I actually seen a person with the name Révan, wearing the full getup and spouting some nonsense atop the VIP lounge.
So, no, even basic names are not policed.
No, nothing is "policed". There are no bioware staff spending their days sniffing out names that break the rules.
The system relies on the report function. Have you noticed that if you right click on someones name you have the option to report the name?
That's how they police it. But so many players don't know there are any naming rules (so much so that I actually get asked to prove it every time I bring it up) that hardly anyone reports names that break the rules. If you see a name that violates the rules it's up to you to do something about it. If you don't care then fine, don't report it. But if you do care, don't just get annoyed and start ranting about it somewhere. Use the report name function, it's what it's there for.

Also, and yes I now know that RP servers don't have special rules ya-da-ya-da-ya, but, you should really come on Ebon Hawk's early hours pub fleetchat.
IN the eternal works of Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You will never find a more reched hive of scum and vallainy".

Anything from mockery, to outright threats, bullying, abuse, political propaganda on how great the US is, I could go on for pages. Not to mention the thrice-blasted gold spammers who I have /ignored at least 500 of.
Yes, well, welcome to MMO's. Doesn't matter what game you join, you will always find that stuff. If they break the rules, report them.

RP on the Hawk is, at least quality RP, only conducted on personal starships within small guilds, or on custom channels.

I cannot express how much nonsense there is in cantinas, making it virtually impossible to get rested XP for the sake of my sanity.
Anything from how they are gonna kill the Sith Emperor, to how they are dating general Garza and Satele Shan, to ****, to I hesitate to post what, lest young impressionable minds read this comment.
Young impressionable minds shouldn't be reading this anyway since the game is rated T. It's not for little kids (even if some parents let their kids play the game anyway)

Greater policing needs to happen, or people need unlimited -- and free -- character transfers, whichever is easier for BioWare to do. Frankly, the free transfers would hurt them less than paying staff to moderate, and then fees to take the mods to the shrink.
Or, people could, you know, learn the difference between RP and PvE before they pick a server and play until they have 16 high level toons... Don't hold bioware responsible for your ignorance in this case.

And on the subject of policing, WHY, oh WHY do you make the Dancer, Reveler, Relaxed, Extrovert and such gear?
If I see another female Sith pureblood shaking a near-naked thong-wearing rear at the GTN mailbox on the fleet, I'm gonna have to treat this game to a specail dose of SHIFT+DELETE and Control Panel » Programs » Uninstall A program » Star Wars: The Old Republic &action: Uninstall.
This discussion again?
There have been plenty of threads on this subject and it has been proven again and again that there are plenty of examples in the Star Wars universe of people dressing in gear like that.
This isn't the little house on the prairie. It's the same Star Wars where princess leia wore a gold bikini for half a movie. It's the same universe where Darth Talon wore skimpier clothes than we can in the game right now. It's the same universe where Aayla Secura wore tight and revealing outfits on the big screen.
Get over it.
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds