Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There Needs to be SERIOUSLY Better Policing of the RP Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
There Needs to be SERIOUSLY Better Policing of the RP Servers

Arkerus
04.21.2014 , 01:17 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
I assume you would have thought it was just as funny if it was your best friends funeral or your brothers or wifes and you were on the recieving end?
1. I would never attend, or participate in a video game funeral regardless of who it was. I would attend the REAL funeral.

2. If you know the backstory to this, you might know why this happened. The person who died was in a flame war with the guild that raided the funeral. I'm not saying she deserved it. NO one deserves anything, ever. I'm saying she was in a war of words with them and I guess they felt like raiding the funeral.

3. Its a video game. Oh well. I'm not sorry I don't care all that much.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Wylf
04.21.2014 , 01:28 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post

Without trying to accuse you of anything here (as I said, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't share it, but I won't judge you for having it) - that is a bad argument. Yes, it is a video game, but it is also an MMO. You're playing with real people, with real feelings. Actions taken in a multiplayer environment can have consquences in real life, cyberbullying being a prime example.
'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay
that bring the fog and mist

The Mitharr Legacy - Way too many characters to name here.
EU - The Progenitor

TUXs
04.21.2014 , 02:59 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
1. I would never attend, or participate in a video game funeral regardless of who it was. I would attend the REAL funeral.

2. If you know the backstory to this, you might know why this happened. The person who died was in a flame war with the guild that raided the funeral. I'm not saying she deserved it. NO one deserves anything, ever. I'm saying she was in a war of words with them and I guess they felt like raiding the funeral.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
Without trying to accuse you of anything here (as I said, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't share it, but I won't judge you for having it) - that is a bad argument. Yes, it is a video game, but it is also an MMO. You're playing with real people, with real feelings. Actions taken in a multiplayer environment can have consquences in real life, cyberbullying being a prime example.
Geezus...I know this is a real cheesy thing to do, but I agree with both of you.

It's 100% childish and classless to raid the in-game funeral and I would never do anything that ridiculous. I find it disturbing that anyone would get enjoyment at something like this.

At the same time...it's a game. That kinda stuff doesn't belong in-game imo. I understand peoples desire to say goodbye, but...call the family, write a letter...the game is NOT the place for things like this. We play to ESCAPE reality, not embrace it.

Every avatar is controlled by a real person...I get that, which is why I conduct myself the way I do (understanding and respect). I also understand that there are a lotta *****s in the online world and I would do as much as I could for something as personal as a funeral, to avoid them.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Wylf
04.21.2014 , 03:03 PM | #114
Oh, I personally agree that holding a funeral (or rather a memorial) ingame isn't such a great idea. I most likely wouldn't attend one of these - can't really say, so far I've been fortunate enough to not have anyone I knew and liked in a game die.

But I fundamentally disagree with the "it's just a game" argument, when it comes to excusing bad behavior. Because it isn't "just a game". Skyrim is just a game, because you're playing it alone. An MMO isn't, it's always both a game and a social experience.

EU - The Progenitor

Duskrequim
04.21.2014 , 03:21 PM | #115
Funerals for in game friends whose characters have passed away are something that happens alot in all games. After 911 and for soldiers these memorials that take place are a huge deal. Many games have even created permanent memorials to these people so that their lives will go on in the digital world.

To go and disrupt these events because you dont "feel" like they should interfere with your fantasy world is a pretty lame choice. There is a special place in the afterlife for people who find enjoyment out of others sadness.

zachass
04.21.2014 , 03:25 PM | #116
I made a bearded, male body type 4 operative named Rosie-O'Donnell, which I thought was hilarious. But I couldn't get a group to save my life. Turns out I was on an RP server and they didn't take too kindly to that. Now I don't even bother with other servers, I stick to The Shadowlands.
The Thelema Legacy on The Shadowlands

BrianDavion
04.21.2014 , 04:45 PM | #117
the reason we've got a RP server is because we asked for it. it's to elt RPers know where to go and find RP. thats it. no special rules.

wjrasmussen
04.21.2014 , 06:39 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoshkar View Post
I have to agree with the poster of this thread. There are plenty of PvE and PvP servers to roll on, if you have 0 interest in roleplaying please do NOT make a character there!!!!
So who is going to the be the RP Nazi to tell everyone how to RP their way?
A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault. ~John Henry Newman

Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten.

Wylf
04.21.2014 , 07:26 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by wjrasmussen View Post
I fail to see a connection between the post you quoted and your answer.

EU - The Progenitor

OddballEasyEight
04.21.2014 , 11:04 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by wjrasmussen View Post
Nobody. This was about inappropriate names.

Go ahead and try to explain to me how naming your character oOoCheezeB4llZoOo is "your way of roleplaying"... I'd love to hear that explanation.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.