Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

When is the next name purge?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When is the next name purge?

robertthebard's Avatar


robertthebard
04.19.2014 , 05:03 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
But if that name is barely being used (if at all), you should have no right to claim to that name, especially when you are playing on a destination server, while that name is being grounded on another server you barely play on, that in itself is unjust.
Your argument here defeats your argument. You have no right to claim the name either. As others have pointed out, the name is taken, find another. You are essentially saying "They have no right to that name since they aren't leveling, so I should be able to use it". The fact is, they have every right to the name, since they got it first, apparently, since you can't use it. The one with no right to the name is, you may have guessed it, you.

wilsonstone's Avatar


wilsonstone
04.19.2014 , 07:06 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
Your argument here defeats your argument. You have no right to claim the name either. As others have pointed out, the name is taken, find another. You are essentially saying "They have no right to that name since they aren't leveling, so I should be able to use it". The fact is, they have every right to the name, since they got it first, apparently, since you can't use it. The one with no right to the name is, you may have guessed it, you.
Yep, a lot of us have been trying to point that out. I don't know if the OP gets it or not. I can't even figure out the reasoning of calling it unjust, unfair or greedy myself. Its so hypocritical in its use here it causes space to fold in on itself.

ivanhedgehog's Avatar


ivanhedgehog
04.19.2014 , 08:17 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
But if that name is barely being used (if at all), you should have no right to claim to that name, especially when you are playing on a destination server, while that name is being grounded on another server you barely play on, that in itself is unjust.
a name being barely used is like being a little bit pregnant. it is either being used or it isnt. If they have it first, they have it.

horrorfaneightys's Avatar


horrorfaneightys
04.20.2014 , 02:03 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by wilsonstone View Post
Yep, a lot of us have been trying to point that out. I don't know if the OP gets it or not. I can't even figure out the reasoning of calling it unjust, unfair or greedy myself. Its so hypocritical in its use here it causes space to fold in on itself.
I don't think he'll ever get it. As far as he's concerned only he has any rights to a name.
"There is no heavier burden than a great potential" ~ Linus, Peanuts
Morga-dar Level 54 Assassin Li'lu-fei Level 54 Sentinel
Xaniata-kee Level 53 Sniper

RgR_Bean's Avatar


RgR_Bean
04.20.2014 , 02:06 AM | #55
*raises hand*

When Ea kills SWTOR

Sindorin's Avatar


Sindorin
04.20.2014 , 06:06 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by sepulhead View Post
the namestealers are never happy are they, always demanding to steal the name of others, if you want it get it b4 anyone else
Or the self centered types that feel they cannot play an MMORPG without that one name they've always used.
< White Rose >
For The Republic!
Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

wilsonstone's Avatar


wilsonstone
04.20.2014 , 10:47 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Or the self centered types that feel they cannot play an MMORPG without that one name they've always used.
Its only a name. I lost a few names in the server merge. I had let my sub lapse before that happened so I kind of expected it. (I was in my retirement from the army period, and heck, I wanted to do stuff outside during my terminal leave) .

I really liked those names, but it surely wasn't worth complaining about them. I just thought up new names. Wasn't that hard.

RaithHarth's Avatar


RaithHarth
04.20.2014 , 11:26 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
Your argument here defeats your argument. You have no right to claim the name either. As others have pointed out, the name is taken, find another. You are essentially saying "They have no right to that name since they aren't leveling, so I should be able to use it". The fact is, they have every right to the name, since they got it first, apparently, since you can't use it. The one with no right to the name is, you may have guessed it, you.
Yet taking a name that someone never really uses is alright? Sure they may be a subscriber, but holding a name hostage on another server while they play on their destination server is not right either.
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

RaithHarth's Avatar


RaithHarth
04.20.2014 , 11:31 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by horrorfaneightys View Post
I don't think he'll ever get it. As far as he's concerned only he has any rights to a name.
I never said I had the right to the name did I? I said it's not right for a subscriber to play on their destination server while making copies of that same name on multiple servers, while they sit around collecting dust and not put to good use.
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
04.20.2014 , 11:40 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
I never said I had the right to the name did I? I said it's not right for a subscriber to play on their destination server while making copies of that same name on multiple servers, while they sit around collecting dust and not put to good use.
Look, you keep using emotionally charged words like "right", "unjust" and "greedy". Now you've added "hostage" to the list.

And you'll notice you gotten absolutely no traction on the forums. Try using actual logic in your argument.