Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What event expelled the Sith a 1000 years before their return in the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What event expelled the Sith a 1000 years before their return in the game?

Rugu
04.18.2014 , 05:00 AM | #1
I've been trying to figure out what expelled the Sith from Korriban a thousand years before the start of SWTOR, but haven't been able to find anything on it on lore websites. Can someone give me a name for what it was called?
星球大战飞船在上海制造。

SayEndo
04.18.2014 , 05:59 AM | #2

sell-dog
04.18.2014 , 08:34 AM | #3
(Close the parenthesis on the above poster's link and you will get the concluding battle to the Great Hyperspace War)

However, you must remember that Vitiate was never involved in the Great Hyperspace War and began gathering followers in the terror/threat that the Republic became at the end of the war. See this link especially the History section

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_...erspace_War%29
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"

DarknessInLight
04.18.2014 , 09:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rugu View Post
I've been trying to figure out what expelled the Sith from Korriban a thousand years before the start of SWTOR, but haven't been able to find anything on it on lore websites. Can someone give me a name for what it was called?
Your answer lies in the feud between Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh over the Empire that Marka Ragnos created.

You can read more about the Great Hyperspace War here

Bottom Line: The Sith destroyed themselves, as they always do, through their quest for power. The Jedi led Republic just cleaned up the remnants from the infighting.

On a related note, Lord Vitiate was Ludo Kressh's "Apprentice". Upon the defeat of his former Master, Vitiate took the remainder of the Sith Forces in battle over Korriban and fled beyond the known galaxy(at that time). It is after years of searching, that they discovered Dromund Kaas and began to rebuild Ragnos' Sith Empire.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

sell-dog
04.18.2014 , 09:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
Your answer lies in the feud between Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh over the Empire that Marka Ragnos created.

You can read more about the Great Hyperspace War here

Bottom Line: The Sith destroyed themselves, as they always do, through their quest for power. The Jedi led Republic just cleaned up the remnants from the infighting.

On a related note, Lord Vitiate was Ludo Kressh's "Apprentice". Upon the defeat of his former Master, Vitiate took the remainder of the Sith Forces in battle over Korriban and fled beyond the known galaxy(at that time). It is after years of searching, that they discovered Dromund Kaas and began to rebuild Ragnos' Sith Empire.
Sorry but this is not correct.

The Republic Navy was tasked to wipe out the surviving Sith and all the leftovers of the Sith Empire at the end of the Great Hyperspace War. The Republic and Jedi were the destroyers not the ones who cleaned up the mess. The Great Hyperspace War was between the Republic and the Sith Empire, Sadow and Kressh had a rivalry before and during the war but their forces had two battles against each other. Most of the effort was against the Republic.

Also Vitiate was proclaimed a Lord of the Sith by Ragnos but Vitiate was never an apprentice to anyone. At the start of the Great Hyperspace War he decided not to get involved with the conflict. Vitiate also knew the location of Dromund Kaas but instead of leading his people there directly he took them on a 20 year journey to increases his people's dependence on him.

Selenial
04.18.2014 , 10:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by sell-dog View Post

The Republic Navy was tasked to wipe out the surviving Sith and all the leftovers of the Sith Empire at the end of the Great Hyperspace War. The Republic and Jedi were the destroyers not the ones who cleaned up the mess. The Great Hyperspace War was between the Republic and the Sith Empire, Sadow and Kressh had a rivalry before and during the war but their forces had two battles against each other. Most of the effort was against the Republic.

Also Vitiate was proclaimed a Lord of the Sith by Ragnos but Vitiate was never an apprentice to anyone. At the start of the Great Hyperspace War he decided not to get involved with the conflict. Vitiate also knew the location of Dromund Kaas but instead of leading his people there directly he took them on a 20 year journey to increases his people's dependence on him.
Both of you are right and wrong.

The Sith refused to surrender and vowed to return. The senate decided not to give them that chance and tried to slaughter them all.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

DarknessInLight
04.18.2014 , 10:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by sell-dog View Post

The Republic Navy was tasked to wipe out the surviving Sith and all the leftovers of the Sith Empire at the end of the Great Hyperspace War. The Republic and Jedi were the destroyers not the ones who cleaned up the mess.
So you're saying that the Sith in-fighting didn't lead to their downfall? At that point in time, a unified Sith front would have swept the unprepared Republic before it. Sadow had unified the military arm of the Sith Empire after he thought he had defeated Kressh. When Sadow's forces were defeated over Primus Goluud, he retreated to Korriban, where Kressh was waiting. A inner Sith battle erupted between the two Sith's forces, with the Republic arriving to finish the job. Seems like a cleanup job to me.

The Sith have always been destroyed from within. History has shown that.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

wishihadaname
04.18.2014 , 10:10 AM | #8
Still, you have to admit that if it wasn't for the systematic genocide on Korriban the current war would never have occurred. You can't really blame Vitiate and his followers for swearing to get even, they had every right to. Especially when you consider that it was Naga Sadow's warmongering that lead to the slaughter and most of the millions killed on Korriban had nothing to do with it.
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

sell-dog
04.18.2014 , 11:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
So you're saying that the Sith in-fighting didn't lead to their downfall? At that point in time, a unified Sith front would have swept the unprepared Republic before it. Sadow had unified the military arm of the Sith Empire after he thought he had defeated Kressh. When Sadow's forces were defeated over Primus Goluud, he retreated to Korriban, where Kressh was waiting. A inner Sith battle erupted between the two Sith's forces, with the Republic arriving to finish the job. Seems like a cleanup job to me.

The Sith have always been destroyed from within. History has shown that.
I think I may have misinterpreted this part of your previous post. Seeing this I know/agree on what you meant.

The previous post to me read like the Sith were destroying themselves in some sort of civil war and then the Republic & Jedi got involved. Sort of like the Unification Wars with Empress Teta or some occurrences that have taken place in the real world.

Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Both of you are right and wrong.

The Sith refused to surrender and vowed to return. The senate decided not to give them that chance and tried to slaughter them all.
Just wondering do you have a source for this? I've always read/interpreted that the Republic wanted to beat the Sith completely and never seen anything about a refusal to surrender, ie the quote below from the Galactic Timeline videos
"The Sith no longer posed a threat to the Republic, but the Supreme Chancellor was unsatisfied."

Beniboybling
04.18.2014 , 12:15 PM | #10
Rather than wade through swathes of text on Wookieepedia, you might find these videos more enlightening.

Pretty much everything you need to know, specifically The Great Hyperspace War and Rebirth of the Sith Empire vids.