Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ninja looting now acceptable?

GamerEmily
04.17.2014 , 06:59 PM | #11
For me I always pass on loot that I can't use or don't need cause otherwise for me its a waste of space and, also there are other ways to get credits. I tend to stick with the same gear for a long time if I can customize it and I like the gear design, so I rarely need new pieces.

Duskrequim
04.17.2014 , 07:30 PM | #12
There are some guilds in the game that will run under geared players through flashpoints in order to use NBG to get the gear they want and then sell or trade it off. Typically they stick to FP's etc that drop tradeable gear and then rack up on tons of gear using Need

Khevar
04.17.2014 , 09:36 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Duskrequim View Post
There are some guilds in the game that will run under geared players through flashpoints in order to use NBG to get the gear they want and then sell or trade it off. Typically they stick to FP's etc that drop tradeable gear and then rack up on tons of gear using Need
Are you saying the guild is inviting an undergeared player to a group on the pretense of helping them, but then actually uses Need to take the gear away to trade / sell?

This doesn't make any sense. The BoE gear that drops in HM FPs is isn't worth trading at all -- good gear from HM FPs is all BoP.

If you're talking about lowbie flashpoints this makes even less sense -- those can be soloed at higher levels and don't require a group at all.

Halinalle
04.17.2014 , 10:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
Ninja Looting in modern MMOs means "Someone won the roll on the loot I wanted".

If I was a MMO Dev I'd just go the route Turbine went with LOTRO, just autoassign everyone loot, it certainly got rid of the entitled people crying about other entitled people with better dice.
So, why to even bother doing leveling FPs in group then? Better just "solo" them with companion. All this will give you is even longer queue times.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

nightsproull
04.18.2014 , 01:22 AM | #15
Guess I'm weird in asking the group if they mind if I roll need for my companion.

sanctified
04.18.2014 , 01:36 AM | #16
I dislike it when people need roll against me for upgrades that they can't use. Tanking randoms is like herding cats, but a nice upgrade makes it all worthwhile. When one of the cats who would have failed completely without me there to handhold him up and steals my rightful reward for his companion, I stop playing for a few days in order to do my part to contribute to the long server ques.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

JouerTue
04.18.2014 , 01:51 AM | #17
the only things i'd change concern set bonuses and how many pieces you can win..i'd add a loot feature among those we have, where you cannot need an unassembled with the armor bonus you already have ( i've underworld chest, i cannot need on an unsassembled uw chest etc.) this would mean ppl cannot ninja and say ''it's for offspeck''
and another loot feature where you cannot win more unassembled drops than previouly set up by raid leader..this would encourage pugging imo

PLynkes
04.18.2014 , 01:56 AM | #18
I really don't care what other people do. I have my own standards of what I consider correct behaviour, but I don't hold anyone else to them. To be honest I don't even look at whether the others in a group choose need or greed (I just check out what I've "won" at the end of the flashpoint or whatever it is we're playing). Don't see any point in getting upset over something you can't change. No way to force people to pick greed, and getting angry only makes your day worse. So I don't concern myself with such things.

I guess I'm not bothered enough about loot drops to make creating a PUG drama a worthwhile endeavour. There are enough dramas in PUGs as it is, without my adding to them by getting mad over who gets the prezzies.

Halinalle
04.18.2014 , 03:10 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
I really don't care what other people do. I have my own standards of what I consider correct behaviour, but I don't hold anyone else to them. To be honest I don't even look at whether the others in a group choose need or greed (I just check out what I've "won" at the end of the flashpoint or whatever it is we're playing). Don't see any point in getting upset over something you can't change. No way to force people to pick greed, and getting angry only makes your day worse. So I don't concern myself with such things.

I guess I'm not bothered enough about loot drops to make creating a PUG drama a worthwhile endeavour. There are enough dramas in PUGs as it is, without my adding to them by getting mad over who gets the prezzies.
Only reason to do leveling FPs is: gear upgrades.

You can level up faster through normal questing than doing FPs.
The Progenitor, Legacy Level 50; The Red Eclipse, Legacy Level ??
Tanks: Juggernaut (P), 2x Assassin (P, RE)
Tanks: 2x Shadow (P), Vanguard (P), Guardian (P)

PLynkes
04.18.2014 , 03:49 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Only reason to do leveling FPs is: gear upgrades.
For you maybe. The only reason I do them is for fun. I'm not concerned about how fast I level or what loot I get. Not everybody is the same, you know.