Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another "Help me pick a class" thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Another "Help me pick a class" thread!

toha
04.17.2014 , 01:37 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post
High cost? Maybe only if you spam Dark Heal, otherwise nah, 600 won't run out anytime soon.
That 600 runs out real quick if you need to do 4 bubbles, AoE for the Dps , HoT + channeled for the procs, And then Dark Infusion a couple of times and then get back to 65% to 75% force. And this is something that you'll need to do during FPs.

Dark Infusion-55 force (base cost) > Rapid scan-25 heat(base cost)
Not even gonna give numbers for the Op as most heals consume TA
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

DomiSotto
04.17.2014 , 02:34 PM | #12
One consideration is that if you are a new player and not playing in a group, a Sith Inquisitor might be hard to start, so Sith warrior might be better. I had to take my IA to the Sith starting planet to allow my husbands abandoned Inq to live to see level 10... With a Sith Warrior, I had no problems, and I am like lowest 10% player. The game is also designed to play with a companion, and each class has its own healer that way. It is hard to beat a dual-wielding Sith in terms of gaming appeal imo. It has gorgeous animations and that crazy feel of awesomeness. And the healer comes early on.

Nazdika
04.18.2014 , 03:24 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
One consideration is that if you are a new player and not playing in a group, a Sith Inquisitor might be hard to start, so Sith warrior might be better. I had to take my IA to the Sith starting planet to allow my husbands abandoned Inq to live to see level 10...
??? Granted, it is a while ago that my inquis started, but problems to see level 10? Why?

As for the OP's question: Mind that it is rather easy to level in this game, especially in the lower levels. So I would encourage to just stick your nose in. Start what appeals most to you, and feel free to delete the char again should it not suit you after all. Naturally, some key talents only come with the higher levels but one does get a feel for energy management etc. early on. Furthermore, respecing the skill trees is not that expensive (free if you have abo), so what really matters is the advanced class, IMO. I do recommend to play around with the skill trees a bit anyway. Going with the general recommendations is nice and good, but knowing why you choose this or that tree or skill gives you a lot of insight into the class.

Also, do jump into group content as early, and much as possible. Leveling with your companions is very much not comparable to group content, and end-game, for all classes.

Adaliaya
04.18.2014 , 06:55 AM | #14
Sith Assassin (Jedi Shadow) has mix of Force powers and lightsaber attacks. But they do not heal and shadow dps is not very good (a lot things to keep eye on, even if you master it master Sentinels, Guardians ans Scoundrels will outdamage you) right now. They do not heal

Jedi Sage has lightsaber but they use it little to none. This is good healing class with a lot force powers.

Scoundrel deals DPS in midrange-melee but has not lightsaber. HoT based healing class.

casi
04.18.2014 , 09:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
One consideration is that if you are a new player and not playing in a group, a Sith Inquisitor might be hard to start, so Sith warrior might be better. I had to take my IA to the Sith starting planet to allow my husbands abandoned Inq to live to see level 10... With a Sith Warrior, I had no problems, and I am like lowest 10% player. The game is also designed to play with a companion, and each class has its own healer that way. It is hard to beat a dual-wielding Sith in terms of gaming appeal imo. It has gorgeous animations and that crazy feel of awesomeness. And the healer comes early on.
My Inquisitor had no trouble getting to level 10. My inquisitor was my first character and it was quite simple to get to level 10. I actually beat my boyfriend to level 10 (lol). In fact I made two inquisitors, an assassin which is the double blade user and my sorcerer who is a dps-ligtening tree.

So op Inquisitor is very fun but if you are the assassin can not heal. They are tanks and dps but the double-blade on the assassin is awesome.

The Sorcerer does not use their saber. It is mostly for looks and for the stats you get off the saber but the force storm is awesome as well. They are also a very good healer if you chose to be a healer.

My healers are the Agent (operative) and the Smuggler (scoundrel). I just prefer that class to be the healer and my sorcerer is dps.

Either way OP I hope you enjoy the game.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. Guild Roleplay in Progress:Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30