Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Random Acts of Kindness

Kalfear
04.18.2014 , 03:09 AM | #31
I like to do the little things

If Im say waiting to spawn the boss for the bonus quest in the heroic area of Oricon and some one else fighting, Ill join in and aide them regardless of which side they on. Same for the big bonus beast from that clickable pyramid thing.

If they aide me first I make it a point to ALWATS stay and aide them with out question for their boss. Takes 2 minutes and everyone wins.

Actually was able to beat the Tat Kingpin during bounty Hunter week because of this.
I logged on my BH (healing spec) at the tat kingpin fight to wait on a friend after being destroyed by the kingpin earlier while solo. Was a Sith guardian struggling and losing to the kingpin as I logge din so I jumped in healing him and sending my tank jawa to aide him. He got through successfully and then stayed to help me through it, saving my friend the trip there.

EVERYONE WINS when players play nice.

If Im leveling a new toon (as I been doing last 2 days on Ord Mantel) Ill click on newbie strangers and give them all the buffs, with no expectation of thanks or praise

I try to answer all the questions I know answer to over general chat or if asked specifically.
If Im asked specifically and don't know myself. I have a wide enough range of very knowledgeable friends who ill direct the person to so they can get question answered.

And occasionally, Though I'll admit not as often as I once did in games gone by, I will make myself available to physically help players who are stuck at a point. Be it a flash point, heroic, crafting them gear, ect.

This is what was done for me back in 1991 in the first MMO Never Winter Nights on AOL and the mindset stuck with me going forward.

And as a side bonus I have made some fantastic friends (and sadly been used and discarded when no longer of use by others) over the years because of this playstyle mindset.

My best story though is in EQ beta I meet a dwarf named Soapwort who was looking for help in Butcherblock Mountains. Great guy who was hilarious to be around and we gamed together for next few years in EQ. Before he left gaming he drew a picture (dont have it online so picture this) Kalfear the skinny elf caster in a Saturday Night Disco suit (purple) with a HUGE Black Afro hair style and Soapworth the dwarf with mutton chop side burns and a Tiger Spot Pimp hat and walking cane standing side by side over the caption " Advanced Disco & Dragons".

LOL, love that picture and have it framed on my computer room wall

Kindness definitely pays off in the long run most times.
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

Reno_Tarshil
04.18.2014 , 05:49 AM | #32
This morning while venturing on Alderaan there was another noob Marauder (why is it always someone playing my class) who couldn't do their class quest because they were under leveled.

Having given up hope on people in swtor I sigh and join a group for 2 heroics next to each other and get grouped with another marauder. Being one to let someone make a first impression come to find out this person was not a noob but a half newb.

Noobs make your life hell.
Newbs are like sponges ready to become good.

This particular player followed attack targets and knew to cc when marked and followed instructions and even asked for advice which I happily shared since we were both Bleed Spec.

Hope of Swtor players increased thanks to this wonderful player.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

JattaGin
04.18.2014 , 05:59 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by kalfear View Post
this is what was done for me back in 1991 in the first mmo never winter nights on aol and the mindset stuck with me going forward.
Wow! Respect. How did you get online back then? I still played with my Atari 2600 in 1991. The first time I ever witnessed something "online" was in 1994 at a friend's who used his dial-plate telephone to log into some online service (I have no idea what it was) on his DOS computer. I was not impressed back then (because I didn't understood; I only saw that it took 10 minutes to load one tiny screen of text).

Sorry for getting off-topic. But this anecdote is too cool to ignore.

ItachiZaku
04.18.2014 , 07:16 AM | #34
I was soloing FPs on my shadow and I popped out to get a drink and came back and a guy was asking me if i needed help or wanted a run through. I was like.... sure, be nice to have company.

This happened a couple times.

They need rolled on everything every time.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

Adaliaya
04.18.2014 , 07:45 AM | #35
I was new to game and playing my that time lvl 20 Sage. Well then I saw Coruscant world boss. It is only lvl 18 and I was 20 so I of course thought I could kill it I charged to it and it of course started to annihilate me faster than I fought it would well then Sentinel leaps in and solo kills it, I am impressed and whisper my thanks now I have done same myself

Other happened as my Sage as well. I was doing Section X dailies and after healing flagged guy was flagged myself. Operative attacks me, and I am Force Barriering myself when Guardian leaps in and kills Operative. I whisper my thanksto him.

Noobish player gets a lot repair bills easily, these people helped me to avoid even some of them

Joesixxpack
04.18.2014 , 08:05 AM | #36
Once upon a time I lost HK quest progress thanks to a patched change. I put in a ticket and got a too bad/so sad reply.

This guy that I didn't even know ING (who's name rhymes with TUX but shall remain anonymous to respect his modesty) offered to help, grabbed some of his guildies, and we ran through the whole thing in one go. Pretty damn kind of them eh? Positive community and guild stuff like that keeps me enjoying games usually more than the content does.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

TUXs
04.18.2014 , 09:08 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Once upon a time I lost HK quest progress thanks to a patched change. I put in a ticket and got a too bad/so sad reply.

This guy that I didn't even know ING (who's name rhymes with TUX but shall remain anonymous to respect his modesty) offered to help, grabbed some of his guildies, and we ran through the whole thing in one go. Pretty damn kind of them eh? Positive community and guild stuff like that keeps me enjoying games usually more than the content does.
Ha, you fool...that small act which cost less than an afternoon, gained me HK for my main toon and one of the best people on the server...see how secretly selfish that was?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer/7-day sub/Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Sangrar
04.18.2014 , 09:19 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post

really? They helped my scoundrel skip having to go through that all again ( I sadly had spend a lot of time gathering parts to the point I was only 1 part away) when they heard I lost my progress, and they advertised on the forums that they were going to do that as well, so how did that happen to you? I would have written another ticket or emailed them or something you must have gotten an agent who was not paying attention that day.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Joesixxpack
04.18.2014 , 09:19 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Ha, you fool...that small act which cost less than an afternoon, gained me HK for my main toon and one of the best people on the server...see how secretly selfish that was?
I knew that you knew that I knew that you knew but wanted to give a shoutout where due anyway. Deal with it.

Small price for #1 ops facetanking sage
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

ImmortalLowlife
04.18.2014 , 09:19 AM | #40
Mane.......flashbacks lol This is my first MMO so when I first started, I made all the noob mistakes. My very first character was a Jedi Sentinel who somehow I managed to grind to the final boss fight in the Jedi temple with a bunch of mismatched gear. Well, after going almost completely broke because of making repairs I asked for help ink gen chat only to get bombarded with "l2p", "noob", and other Ohh so helpful nonsense. A lvl 50 sage finally offered to help me & after the fight told me what mistakes with gear, rotation, skills I'd made. He gave me some blues that were for my class and left. What he didn't realize is that I was just about to say "to HELL with this game" uninstall it, and never look back. I'd never gotten into PC gaming MMO's because of all the stories I'd heard about "the PC Master race". I'd been playing less than a week and had been kicked from groups because I wouldn't spacebar thru convo's I'd never seen before, and for being a noob. It is because of that one act of kindness that I decided to keep at it...and over a year later I'm still here.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!