Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s New in Season Two

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Costello
04.15.2014 , 03:41 PM | #31
So ranked sports games is the future of PvP in SWTOR.

It looks like the dev team is trying to encourage people to PvP by offering rewards every three months while at the same time reducing it to the most mundane mini-game possible. In a galaxy in the middle of a war the galaxies elite play hutt ball.

PvE is offering raids on the opposing factions temples while PvP offers the opportunity to die for a hutts amusement. Can't say PvP is feeling like a valid concern as far as the rest of the Star Wars Galaxy goes.

Jadescythe
04.15.2014 , 03:56 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
So ranked sports games is the future of PvP in SWTOR.

It looks like the dev team is trying to encourage people to PvP by offering rewards every three months while at the same time reducing it to the most mundane mini-game possible. In a galaxy in the middle of a war the galaxies elite play hutt ball.

PvE is offering raids on the opposing factions temples while PvP offers the opportunity to die for a hutts amusement. Can't say PvP is feeling like a valid concern as far as the rest of the Star Wars Galaxy goes.
There is no huttball in ranked, only arenas...
I have opinions and stuff

Ashwinn
04.15.2014 , 04:35 PM | #33
Top tier reward: hutt mount makes sense like one kiragga sports.
Intrepid Farming Farmers
Armed and Dangerous

Lunchtime/Elamite/Flashing, All-Galaxy Vanguard/Commando/Mercenary

fire-breath
04.15.2014 , 04:39 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
It's a cesspit because there are no replies from the mods, whatsoever. The only topics they reply in is those they make themselves.
Nice circle reasoning. Not sure if there's much to reply on in the PvP forums because its a cesspit ;-). What do you want them to say in there? I try to avoid the PvP forums like the plague from my part. Just to much qq in there which will make me tick and write unnecessary posts to like this.
Also .... why do feel the need of a reply? You (should) know full well they read it. As they are doing with the rest of the forum too. I'm already seeing enough golden taits post about that he is sending the info to the teams.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger Sãrãh - Shadow Tank
TRE PvP toon
Ishmaldo - Sage healer

Clogski
04.15.2014 , 05:46 PM | #35
Props on the reference to Corn Pops!
☆:*´¨`*:.MagdalenaFaerieElandriaTamami.:*´¨`*:.☆
.•.¸¸.•´¯`•. <Guerrilla Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Apex> .•´¯`•.¸¸.•.
Sorry my heals missed. =x

Soul_of_Flames
04.15.2014 , 05:56 PM | #36
Nice to now have ranked quests to pick up. But I still think there should be more incentive to play ranked matches. I hate standing around forever waiting for a rank pop that is never going to come because I can't tell if other players are queuing or not.

So I thought of a basic idea to funnel players into ranked matches... let me know if it's a good idea or not.

There should be at certain points in the day, for like 2-3 hours each, ranked rewards bonuses. So, for example, if you play a ranked match between 4-6pm, you earn 10% extra commendations (win or lose). These hours would happen multiple times in a day... like 4-5 times spread throughout the day.

I think that this would incentivise players to play ranked during these times that way you know when you're more likely to be getting ranked match pops. You'd still be able to queue at any time in the day, but queuing during the specified bonus hours would likely increase the probability that you'll get into a match since it's likely more people will queue during those times.

Chrysanthe
04.15.2014 , 06:05 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Changes coming to Ranked PvP in Season Two! Shorter seasons, quicker rewards, and more brutal action!

Please keep this discussion around the changes coming to PvP Season Two. If you wish to talk about what you would like to see for rewards, please post in this thread.

Read More
First of all cross-server pvp and then peeps with ranked gear can't fight peeps that do not have ranked gear.
Coz the way it is now it is virtualy impossible to gear up, and for that you deserve to get a very bad word into your faces since you kill the game, slowly - but your getting there and then nobody cares anymore for SWTOR.

Ciao

honkymonkey
04.15.2014 , 06:28 PM | #38
"We are happy to announce the creation of a daily and weekly quest that will provide you with extra incentive to queue up and dominate - in both Solo and Group flavors!"

This will make life interesting. As if we don't have enough people without gear or augments already.

CellPerfect
04.15.2014 , 06:50 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
The reward will be given to the Top 3 of each Advanced Class of the entire Ranked population. NOT per server.
So how exactly is this going to be fair when we cannot compete with everyone in the player pool? If this was per server it would make a little more sense, (and would still be a great accomplishment to be in the top 3 on your server) but to compare us to players that we cannot compete against isn't right. We should be compared to who we can play against and those people only, not players from other servers who we will never play against.
Taelord
Sith Marauder
<SUPER DARK SIDE GUILD>

Drudenfusz
04.15.2014 , 07:05 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Hi! Allow me to impart clarification on this part of the blog

The reward will be given to the Top 3 of each Advanced Class of the entire Ranked population. NOT per server.

8 Advanced Classes per Faction * 2 Factions * Top 3 players * 2 Gamemodes (Ranked and Solo) = 96 rewarded players

Hope that helps make sense of the situation!
This is crap without cross server PvP, either make it per server or give us cross server PvP!
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version