Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s New in Season Two

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MarsherMeow
04.15.2014 , 01:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
its top 3 for each server.
I don't think so, although it would be better like that I think.

Rakugo
04.15.2014 , 01:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
its top 3 for each server.
just an idea, at the end of each season with the top 3 of all server, they should get invited into a top 3 tournament where they face each other to see who of the top 3 per server is top 3 of the game for that season ends. just an idea.
I am the Alpha and Omega,
I am the beginning and the end...
I am the creator and destroyer of worlds...
I am... Death!

CmdrShpd
04.15.2014 , 01:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Yodawizard View Post
Not based on the blog.

"In addition to these rewards we feel that we should do something for the best of the best in both Ranked modes! Starting at the end of Season 2, the top three characters of each Advanced Class in Group and Solo will be given a unique reward. That means that the top 96 players in the world will get something to show off their elite status! "
Yeah, that could definitely use some clarification.

J_McSkill
04.15.2014 , 01:45 PM | #14
Not sure how I feel about the shorter season, it may only serve to increase frustration. With ranked there are always up's and downs. With a short season, experiencing a bad streak of games will be especially infuriating knowing you won't have much time to gain back the ground you just lost. This problem will be compounded on servers with less active ranked populations.

cashogy_reborn
04.15.2014 , 01:50 PM | #15
Modny, you are a good sport.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Darslk
04.15.2014 , 01:53 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CmdrShpd View Post
I assume that means 3 highest solo rated characters of each Advanced Class (16*3 = 48, mercs and commandos are considered different ACs), and then the 3 highest group rated characters of each Advanced Class (another 16*3 = 48).

48 + 48 = 96. Boom.

Edit: That's 96 total. Not 96 per server. It specifically states the best 96 in the world.
Prophecy of the Five, <Ghost Panther>

AlexModny
04.15.2014 , 01:54 PM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by CmdrShpd View Post
Hi! Allow me to impart clarification on this part of the blog

The reward will be given to the Top 3 of each Advanced Class of the entire Ranked population. NOT per server.

8 Advanced Classes per Faction * 2 Factions * Top 3 players * 2 Gamemodes (Ranked and Solo) = 96 rewarded players

Hope that helps make sense of the situation!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Aerilas
04.15.2014 , 01:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by wishihadaname View Post
I realize you guys have to be politically correct, but really?

"You are the best and I enjoy reading the forums "

I wouldn't wish a daily dose of PVP forum upon my worst enemies, I really hope you guys get paid exceptionally well for putting up with the cesspit that is the PVP forum.
It's a cesspit because there are no replies from the mods, whatsoever. The only topics they reply in is those they make themselves.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper) - Raelisa (Operative) - Micaiah (Sorcerer)
Saerali (Scoundrel)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

limenutpen
04.15.2014 , 01:59 PM | #19
Just sayin.
Hope you guys manage to bring X-server to PVP and return of Ranked 8 man WZs at some point.

With those two alone Ranked PvP would flourish in SWTOR.

Delaying X-server is just a help to the competition coming from other games, being Showroom new or old as Egypt.

I also would have liked the following in Arenas; Gear check (easy no 2018 expertise no Ranked Que, something similar to spec change may be?), and also PUNISHMENT to leavers; timer (starting at 10 mins and increasing) plus decreasing points (also increasing more if you leave more to 1 game).
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut

Yodawizard
04.15.2014 , 02:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darslk View Post
I assume that means 3 highest solo rated characters of each Advanced Class (16*3 = 48, mercs and commandos are considered different ACs), and then the 3 highest group rated characters of each Advanced Class (another 16*3 = 48).

48 + 48 = 96. Boom.

Edit: That's 96 total. Not 96 per server.
Correct, no clarification needed. It is pretty clear.