Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s New in Season Two

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Antispiral
04.20.2014 , 03:53 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Hi! Allow me to impart clarification on this part of the blog

The reward will be given to the Top 3 of each Advanced Class of the entire Ranked population. NOT per server.

8 Advanced Classes per Faction * 2 Factions * Top 3 players * 2 Gamemodes (Ranked and Solo) = 96 rewarded players

Hope that helps make sense of the situation!
What about the other classes? ie. Smuggler.

Some of us have been crazy enough to get a base-class to 55, and it feels like there's no love if we can't even qualify to get any rewards.

JediMasterSLC
04.20.2014 , 01:37 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Antispiral View Post
What about the other classes? ie. Smuggler.

Some of us have been crazy enough to get a base-class to 55, and it feels like there's no love if we can't even qualify to get any rewards.
You won't get a good rating as a base smuggler class, I promise.
55s: POT5- Kakarrotx-Sent, Paraguss-Sorc, Brawlly-Jug, Meleehealer-Mara
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT

JediMasterSLC
04.21.2014 , 10:07 AM | #133
Would like to say again that the reward for top 3 rated players of each AC needs to be PER SERVER, as you have failed to provide the cross server queues that makes comparing ratings of players from different servers possible. If a potential of 96 "top" players per server sounds too much (and it probably is), reduce it to top 1-2 players per AC per server. The pros of this outweigh the cons for reasons I provided in a previous post, especially if you 1) Make rating reset upon character transfer from a PvE to PvP server (or just any server transfer), or more preferably 2) Lock the "top" reward from being used/displayed on any server other than the one on which it was earned. I don't feel like this would "require too much coding".
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT

funkiestj
04.21.2014 , 12:49 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
Would like to say again that the reward for top 3 rated players of each AC needs to be PER SERVER.
+1. I posted a short Elo simulation program earlier in the thread that illustrates why this is. A simple
"oops, you folks in the forum are right -- it is stupid to compare Elo ratings across isolated pools. We will do what JediMasterSLC suggests and give the reward to the top <X> players of each AC on each server"
would be nice. Then we can stop flogging this dead horse.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

bobo_fett
04.21.2014 , 03:01 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
+1. I posted a short Elo simulation program earlier in the thread that illustrates why this is. A simple
"oops, you folks in the forum are right -- it is stupid to compare Elo ratings across isolated pools. We will do what JediMasterSLC suggests and give the reward to the top <X> players of each AC on each server"
would be nice. Then we can stop flogging this dead horse.
I couldn't agree more, and we discussed this very topic on our last show. Theoretically one server could get most/ if not all the rewards. This also might encourage players to transfer to non pvp servers so they can try to face possibly less skilled players.

The_X
04.21.2014 , 07:39 PM | #136
Its been stated several million times before, but Im going to say it again because you guys apparently aren't getting it. Without a valor/gear requirement for Ranked, the people who put in the effort get screwed over by people without gear or a clue as to how to play. No, really. Encouraging people to do ranked is all well and good, except that nothing else had changed. All this means is that the Yolo queue will have even more terribad players in it with their PVE gear. I don't suck by any means, but my solo rank was crap because of ungeared clueless players with 26k HP and no idea how to play their class. But who cares, right? /sigh... You can't possibly understand how irritated I have to be in order to post on the forums about something. I love this game, I really do, but lately I've been face-palming so hard I broke my nose. Please don't make me so fed up that I unsub.

ferriemaddock
04.23.2014 , 03:55 PM | #137
i agree can we get some other pvp quest

JediMasterSLC
04.24.2014 , 06:15 PM | #138
Bump, why'd this thread die.

DarthDymond
04.24.2014 , 06:36 PM | #139
Bump, why'd this thread die.
Because Housing is far more important than PVP among SWTOR players. [/onlyhalfkidding]
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

cashogy_reborn
04.24.2014 , 11:23 PM | #140
Would like to say again that the reward for top 3 rated players of each AC needs to be PER SERVER, as you have failed to provide the cross server queues that makes comparing ratings of players from different servers possible. If a potential of 96 "top" players per server sounds too much (and it probably is), reduce it to top 1-2 players per AC per server. The pros of this outweigh the cons for reasons I provided in a previous post, especially if you 1) Make rating reset upon character transfer from a PvE to PvP server (or just any server transfer), or more preferably 2) Lock the "top" reward from being used/displayed on any server other than the one on which it was earned. I don't feel like this would "require too much coding".
Just do top 1 per server. If youre not first youre last.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads