Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s New in Season Two

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AdamLKvist
04.18.2014 , 03:26 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I hope they don't reconsider... at least not as long as there is no cross server queue for ranked PvP. I prefer to play with badly geared players than getting no ranked at all to open up.
We can't account for dead servers when talking PvP. Its up to you or Bioware to make sure to transfer, an entire PvP population should not suffer from people wanting to PvP on non PvP servers.
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN

Drudenfusz
04.18.2014 , 03:33 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamLKvist View Post
We can't account for dead servers when talking PvP. Its up to you or Bioware to make sure to transfer, an entire PvP population should not suffer from people wanting to PvP on non PvP servers.
The thing is I wouldn't describe my server as dead, it is the only left German PvP server and normal warzones open up without issues all day long, but the ranked PvP community is quite small, and I don't want to now how much more terrible it must be on the other German servers (and I would like to know how it is on the french servers)... and closing more servers and move the people to others seems to me even worse suffering than just adding cross server tech. Maybe they could make it optional, that everybody can choose just to queue for matches with and against people on his/her own server or not.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

AdamLKvist
04.18.2014 , 03:37 AM | #113
The thing is I wouldn't describe my server as dead, it is the only left German PvP server and normal warzones open up without issues all day long, but the ranked PvP community is quite small, and I don't want to now how much more terrible it must be on the other German servers (and I would like to know how it is on the french servers)... and closing more servers and move the people to others seems to me even worse suffering than just adding cross server tech. Maybe they could make it optional, that everybody can choose just to queue for matches with and against people on his/her own server or not.
Meh. You choose to PvP on a PvP server that is not the primary one for your region, its a dead game... So thats your choice. Having servers per language in 2014 alone is pathetic, in a dead game such as this one? Even more so
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN

Drudenfusz
04.18.2014 , 03:39 AM | #114
Meh. You choose to PvP on a PvP server that is not the primary one for your region, its a dead game... So thats your choice. Having servers per language in 2014 alone is pathetic, in a dead game such as this one? Even more so
I think not having cross server tech is as pathetic...
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

AdamLKvist
04.18.2014 , 03:40 AM | #115
I think not having cross server tech is as pathetic...
I agree, trust me. But lets face it, this game is a casual fest and a moneygrind. It will do good in earning money but the flow of new players into the PvP scene (yet alone the ranked one) is non existant.
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN

Tannatra
04.18.2014 , 07:05 AM | #116
i would think that having servers per language is perfectly fine as not everyone speaks Spanish/Hungarian/Polish/German/French/Italian/Swiss/Catalan/basque.... while having splits for only German and French does seem a tad pointless its not "pathetic" Tera has the same splits and its more dead on some of the servers

AdamLKvist
04.18.2014 , 07:57 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Tannatra View Post
i would think that having servers per language is perfectly fine as not everyone speaks Spanish/Hungarian/Polish/German/French/Italian/Swiss/Catalan/basque.... while having splits for only German and French does seem a tad pointless its not "pathetic" Tera has the same splits and its more dead on some of the servers
Its an ancient way of playing. Catering to the egos of the French and German nationality because they're used to getting everything translated. Ridicolous. In this game, because of population, its also resulting in a lower population than possible because we simply are not "allowed" to have one international server
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN

Elfa
04.18.2014 , 08:14 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
This is very disappointing news Eric.
Agreed. This game needs more group quests, ones that reward folks for forming and using groups to complete Flashpoints and warzones.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

TUXs
04.18.2014 , 08:26 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update on the blog. We noticed a piece of information in the blog which was not correct and I wanted to clarify. Currently the blog says this:

This is not entirely correct. What is being added is a single daily and a single weekly quest for ranked play. Now, you can play either solo or group to complete the quest, but there is not a separate quest for each queue. This is something the team would like to add at some point in the future but it is not being implemented currently.

Sorry for any confusion, the blog has been updated to remove the confusing part about "both flavors."

-eric
Wow...that's weak Eric. The word "creation" indicated NEW...this is very disappointing. How on earth is it your team can't come up with anything more than 1 freaking mission type for PvP Eric? In MMOs, incentive is everything!
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

JamesBalla
04.18.2014 , 09:43 AM | #120
Even though I know Casualware will continue to cater to the casuals like they've done time and time again, I'm pretty dissapeared this time. Group ranked had a chance of coming back, but have no fear, you can solo Q for them! Solo Q ranked it's literally just regs but rewards you with ranked coms. It's not actual ranked PvP. There's very little teamwork involved. That's just my two cents, I mean I dunno. Why Q for group when you can solo q your way to stardom on the leaderboards. Regstar too strong.
<Don't Panic> Wakaflocka
<Intrepid> Xarthna
<Tatooine Swim Team> Zentrai