Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s New in Season Two

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

buckman
04.17.2014 , 04:52 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update on the blog. We noticed a piece of information in the blog which was not correct and I wanted to clarify. Currently the blog says this:

This is not entirely correct. What is being added is a single daily and a single weekly quest for ranked play. Now, you can play either solo or group to complete the quest, but there is not a separate quest for each queue. This is something the team would like to add at some point in the future but it is not being implemented currently.

Sorry for any confusion, the blog has been updated to remove the confusing part about "both flavors."

-eric
Unfortunately, I feel that people will only try to fulfill that quest in solo queue. Group ranked will be in the same spot. Unfortunate news, but not the end of group ranked. You guys have to follow up with something for group ranked to "bolster" (hehe) that population.

Vandicus
04.17.2014 , 05:25 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by SeanFM View Post
Thanks for clarifying that. Out of interest, what is the reasoning behind delaying the addition of separate missions for solo and group ranked?
I'm guessing here, but they probably don't have a system in place to have progress towards quest completion occur only if you're in a party, or only if you're not in a party.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

JediMasterSLC
04.17.2014 , 06:12 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
I'm guessing here, but they probably don't have a system in place to have progress towards quest completion occur only if you're in a party, or only if you're not in a party.
You can be in a party when you Q solo ranked. As solo and ranked queues are completely separate, this should not be an issue.

GrandLordMenace
04.17.2014 , 07:13 PM | #104
While I hate raw cross server queing (ruins server community in PVE at least.) I do think that competition should exist in a more tiered capacity, maybe having something of a SWTOR ranked tournament, where the top teams/players from each server participate in a ranked tournament that spans crossing servers, which would then get a 3rd que that allows them to que against players from other servers of similar skill.

BW should really do a guild ranked arena stream again.
Rydarus of Aisthesis, Ebon Hawk's First Conqueror of Voss
GuardDPS PVE guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/01/30/swtor-vi...s-class-guide/
JuggDPS PVE guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/01/20/swtor-ve...s-class-guide/

Jadescythe
04.17.2014 , 07:35 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandLordMenace View Post
While I hate raw cross server queing (ruins server community in PVE at least.) I do think that competition should exist in a more tiered capacity, maybe having something of a SWTOR ranked tournament, where the top teams/players from each server participate in a ranked tournament that spans crossing servers, which would then get a 3rd que that allows them to que against players from other servers of similar skill.

BW should really do a guild ranked arena stream again.
I never understand this statement. When I did PvE, I had absolutely no interaction with any other guild because I had plenty of people in guild to run everything with. Are you telling me that the amount of ninja looting would increase just because they're on a different server?
I have opinions and stuff

Selenial
04.17.2014 , 09:42 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Unfortunately, I feel that people will only try to fulfill that quest in solo queue. Group ranked will be in the same spot. Unfortunate news, but not the end of group ranked. You guys have to follow up with something for group ranked to "bolster" (hehe) that population.
Anyone who does Solo ranked at the moment will go to group ranked though, because Solo ranked dies with 2.7.1, becoming reg arenas basically.

Shame, I know.
Whatever.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

JediMasterSLC
04.17.2014 , 10:50 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Anyone who does Solo ranked at the moment will go to group ranked though, because Solo ranked dies with 2.7.1, becoming reg arenas basically.

Shame, I know.
Whatever.
What?

Selenial
04.17.2014 , 11:51 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
What?
People Que for PVP just to do the daily, despite being full PVE gear with maybe 1 or 2 pieces, quicker comms, some credits, done.
Then they don't PVP for the rest of the day.

What makes you think these ranked dailies will be any different?
Besides, it's not just gear. ATM, you Que for ranked if you're good, because there's no reason to do ranked if you suck. Now there's reason.
IE today in hypergate, I got 4x the heals of someone who's the same class, same spec, and better geared than me because I'm better than them, I even got double their dps. That's because I know my class, and I've got gear.

These ranked dailies will only entice those without this skill, and without this gear, to Que.

And sure, that means I get to win more, but where's the fun in that? I play ranked for fun, and Yolo que won't be fun when these dailies come.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

AdamLKvist
04.18.2014 , 03:07 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update on the blog. We noticed a piece of information in the blog which was not correct and I wanted to clarify. Currently the blog says this:

This is not entirely correct. What is being added is a single daily and a single weekly quest for ranked play. Now, you can play either solo or group to complete the quest, but there is not a separate quest for each queue. This is something the team would like to add at some point in the future but it is not being implemented currently.

Sorry for any confusion, the blog has been updated to remove the confusing part about "both flavors."

-eric
I urge you to reconsider. Having a daily in soloranked will potentially ruin the fun for 3 players (the ones being stuck with X rookie that is gearing up. because with a quest that is further encouraged)

Keep it for team ranked, all is well and good there, but a quest has no place in solo ranked.
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN

Drudenfusz
04.18.2014 , 03:24 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamLKvist View Post
I urge you to reconsider. Having a daily in soloranked will potentially ruin the fun for 3 players (the ones being stuck with X rookie that is gearing up. because with a quest that is further encouraged)

Keep it for team ranked, all is well and good there, but a quest has no place in solo ranked.
I hope they don't reconsider... at least not as long as there is no cross server queue for ranked PvP. I prefer to play with badly geared players than getting no ranked at all to open up.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version