Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HoloTweed
04.21.2014 , 04:52 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
And introduce repair bills for deaths...

Not a good idea, BTW, but credits are only an issue for the people that don't understand how to get them. Here is a thread I made so you can see how easy credits are to obtain....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=715215

Alex,
Don't entertain the MK-9 stuff. Crafting is already trivial in this game, don't kill it any further...
These two points exactly. NO giving away MK-9 stuff to ANYBODY. There are more crafters than PvP players so crafters deserve to have something to be worthwhile that is not given free to PvPers.

JediMasterSLC
04.21.2014 , 04:58 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
PvE comes with Repair Bills upon deaths. PvP does not. There should not be a significant increase to PvP credit rewards - at least not close to on par with PvE because there is ZERO risk or cost. Shoo!
Even considering that, you'll still net way more creds only pveing than by only pvping. Shoo!!

Selenial
04.21.2014 , 05:03 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
if you are going to do that, why not make Ops gear come with augment slots as well? Why do PvPers always think that they somehow should not have to do dailies for credits and yet PvEers still have to?
Because we don't have 5 daily planets that are made astoundingly easy by our PVP gear.

We also don't get about 20k credits per trash pull.

Our income of credits is pathetic.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Selenial
04.21.2014 , 05:05 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
These two points exactly. NO giving away MK-9 stuff to ANYBODY. There are more crafters than PvP players so crafters deserve to have something to be worthwhile that is not given free to PvPers.
No.

There's barely any People who'll get this armor.

The Ranked Scene spend almost all their credits on Stims, Grenades, and Medpacs/Adrenals. 175k per BiS augment is beyond 15 PVP Games, not 5 dailies like PVE get.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

L-RANDLE
04.21.2014 , 05:59 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Because we don't have 5 daily planets that are made astoundingly easy by our PVP gear.

Not quite sure if you are serious...

If you are, then maybe read the thread I linked in my previous post. FYI, you can one shot most mobs in dailies areas with PvP gear. How much more gear do you need(/grindsindexfingerstogether)?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

JediMasterSLC
04.21.2014 , 06:03 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Not quite sure if you are serious...

If you are, then maybe read the thread I linked in my previous post. FYI, you can one shot most mobs in dailies areas with PvP gear. How much more gear do you need(/grindsindexfingerstogether)?
That's not his complaint (he probably meant PvE gear). Yes PvP gear is adequate to do PvE dailies, but we don't want to do them.

L-RANDLE
04.21.2014 , 06:10 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
That's not his complaint (he probably meant PvE gear). Yes PvP gear is adequate to do PvE dailies, but we don't want to do them.
Besides ranked not being exactly the proper place to farm gear, you can make/save plenty of credits without leaving fleet. Last I knew, your companions don't enter ranked WZs with you, and that doesn't address how it further marginalizes crafting, and encourages undergeared players from queing. There is really no excuse for not being fully augged at cap, even as a "PvP only" player.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Slurmez
04.21.2014 , 11:13 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Jibbo_Jawa View Post
My thoughts,
I agree with others, those I'm too lazy to go back to quote, in the fact that things like mounts (and other stuff that can't be used in a warzone), should be introduced at the low tiers, as an incentive to PVP, but still add cooler ones to the higher tiers, in addition to the crystals, weapons, ect... Also, like others have said, the armor should have pre-installed MK-9 aug slots for the ones who live and breathe PVP (and don't make millions on a regular basis).
Those who "live and breathe" pvp still make credits from finishing the matches, have pvp consumables for pvp currency and dont have armour repair costs as the pve players do. Also given that there is nothing like a constant queue pop you could simply wait in the lvl 50 daily areas and make money to your hearts content.

Icebergy
04.21.2014 , 11:36 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
PvPers do pvp dailies, PvErs do pve dailies. PvE dailies reward massively higher amounts of credits. Shoo?
Someone doesn't agree with me. Shoo!

No. I consider myself a "PvEer" (even though I do also PvP) and I can tell you that I do not just run dailies all day for fun. Your point is stupid. I swear PvPers are always complaining about something and expecting everything to be handed to them for free.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Icebergy
04.21.2014 , 11:38 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post

If you think dailies are hard even in your PvP gear, it is not the credit income that is pathetic.

Also progression raiders lose money on repair bills during progression. What do you lose money on when you PvP? Oh right, nothing. You don't even have to reaugment your gear when you get new gear since you can just use custom gear.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.