Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlexModny
04.15.2014 , 10:32 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Ranked Veterans! With the start of Season 2 rapidly approaching (currently scheduled for 2.7.1) we are going to have all new Season rewards for participants, champions and all-stars! We hope you enjoy them immensely but in future seasons we want to make sure we are getting y'all rewards that are desirable and the best way to do this is for you to tell us!

We have a bunch of ideas for upcoming rewards but we want to hear what our PvP Community values for rewards that are difficult to obtain and show off your elite(st) status!

What do you want the top reward to be?
What do you want the middle rewards to be?
What do you want the lowest reward to be?

The more information the better! For example, posting “a TaunTaun with a spiked collar” is much more helpful than “a unique mount”. Go berserk and come up with some amazing ideas!

Without further adieu, what would you like to see for Season Rewards?
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

J_McSkill
04.15.2014 , 01:19 PM | #2
I like the way the rewards worked for season 1, especially the unique mount for top tier. I would however prefer the weapons/armour sets have a more unique look instead of a slightly modified version of the regular PvP gear. Also, as mentioned in your new blog, the top 3 ranked players in each advanced class do deserve a special reward.

Capt_Beers
04.15.2014 , 01:22 PM | #3
I don't have a bunch of ideas of what they should be but I can tell you what they shouldn't be:
  • a re-color of any existing gear/mount
  • Ugly. Seems obvious but look at the season one armor
  • Useless. Titles in my opinion are useless, they just clutter up the ui.
  • the rewards shouldn't be re-colored and added to the CM or PvE. Top level PvE content has unique rewards so should pvp
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

Selenial
04.15.2014 , 01:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by J_McSkill View Post
I like the way the rewards worked for season 1, especially the unique mount for top tier. I would however prefer the weapons/armour sets have a more unique look instead of a slightly modified version of the regular PvP gear. Also, as mentioned in your new blog, the top 3 ranked players in each advanced class do deserve a special reward.
This.

I love that you were trying, I think it's great you gave us rewards. However, the Armor, Smuggler's primarily.... sucks.

The flashing purple isn't noticable, if it was more, or the entire outfit was different, I'd be way happier...

Maybe let us chose which class' armor we get next time, like I said multiple times in the suggestion thread.

Also yeh, a Mount has to be given for the top, Armor for 2nd and Pet for 3rd IMO, I'd love to see a Thranta mount, Like a flying mount that sort of hovers instead of literally flying.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

MidichIorian
04.15.2014 , 01:29 PM | #5
I don't have any specific suggestions but I will say that i liked the system in Season 1. Give or take the titles I thought it was good that instead of making different rewards per tier you added to the higher tiers . I think this is crucial because people in the lower tiers might otherwise be discouraged to use their rewards, on behalf of them screaming "this is a low tier reward". With shared rewards there's no way of telling if you got it for tier 3 or tier 1.

Also, may I suggest a silver body/blue beam Corruptor Blade for a potential weapon set. I would totally play for that.

Darslk
04.15.2014 , 01:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Hello Ranked Veterans! With the start of Season 2 rapidly approaching (currently scheduled for 2.7.1) we are going to have all new Season rewards for participants, champions and all-stars! We hope you enjoy them immensely but in future seasons we want to make sure we are getting y'all rewards that are desirable and the best way to do this is for you to tell us!

We have a bunch of ideas for upcoming rewards but we want to hear what our PvP Community values for rewards that are difficult to obtain and show off your elite(st) status!

The more information the better! For example, posting “a TaunTaun with a spiked collar” is much more helpful than “a unique mount”. Go berserk and come up with some amazing ideas!

Without further adieu, what would you like to see for Season Rewards?
So off the top of my head, cosmetic items that you can flaunt come in weapons, armor, titles, dyes, mounts, pets, regen items, and random toys like the Party Jawa.

There is definitely some room for cool weapons, depending on the class. Lightsabers that crack somewhat (think a mix between the fight between Malgus and Shan in Hope, where Malgus stabs at Shan's hands, and the lightsaber that pulses), blaster rifles that are sleek, black, small-medium sized, and don't have a light on them for operatives, maybe a cool big yellow and black version for vanguards. Sniper rifle in the same theme as the blaster, pistols too.

The Cartel Market is already pumping out lots of gear and has really made it easy for each character to have a unique and "cool" look. In general. I think it's unnecessary to bring in any PvP armors in this method, unless they could particularly stand out, much more than some blinking lights. How so, I'm not sure. I don't have a good visual imagination.

With all this in mind, I'm thinking:

-Lowest tier: Reusable Secondary Black Dye, S-2 Crusher title, weapon relating to class as suggested above ^

-Middle tier: Reusable Secondary Black Dye, Reusable Primary Black Dye, S-2 Slayer title, weapon ^, a regen item. I leave it to someone else to come up with an awesome one. Because I can't.

-Highest tier: All previous dyes, plus Reusable Black-Black Dye, S-2 Obliterator title, weapon ^, same regen item, and a pet that's as big as a rancor is to a regular mount. Baby/infant Acklay.

All dyes would be Bound, and not tradable (as in if you try to mail a Legacy gear piece with a Reusable Dye in it to your alt, it wouldn't let you).
Prophecy of the Five, <Ghost Panther>

Savej
04.15.2014 , 01:49 PM | #7
Black color crystal - make it an account unlock in collections. Gained through pvp only. Give it +45 expertise - so the wearer has a max expertise of 2022.

As far as the difficulty: I think 1500 was a fine target for most rewards. It's actually pretty hard to get that rating without win-trading or blind luck. The number sounds small and underwhelming, though..

Start a museum where those with the highest rankings for a given season get a statue/holo-statue (visible to anyone that wants to walk to the archives and visit memory lane).

Maybe set up dueling areas on the fleets and name them after the latest champions.

Emotes with waving flags and confetti.

Armor shells as good as some cartel sets with augment slots already available (add to collections).

Distinctive weapons.

cashogy_reborn
04.15.2014 , 01:52 PM | #8
For starters, there should be different rewards for Solo and Group rating. People need more incentive to queue for Grouped, and a set of unique rewards for that would go a long way to increase participation.

Lowest Tier should be a title
Middle tier should be something cosmetic, like a unique color crystal or armor dye.
Top Tier should be a unique vehicle or weapon skin. I would love to see an AT-RT esque vehicle.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

siegeshot
04.15.2014 , 01:57 PM | #9

Mount is fine but there should also be a completely unique pvp set shell for the top, special weapon shell, maybe even animated or color changing. All you Jedi and Sith with a color changing light saber crystal. :P Pistols, rifles, cannons with color changing laser targetting. Maybe even some unique emotes. Pvpers love their freaking emotes let me tell you. :P Increased com cap. Pvp non-combat pets. Unique pvp companion. Ability to have an arena in your player-custom house.

Pvp weapon shell. Emotes. Increased com cap. Unique pvp companion.

Extra coms. Unique pvp companion.

The companion could maybe give you your dailies automatically and talk about past pvp battles and stuff. One season would be an arena droid, then an arena-wampa, then others, but if it was a trandosian or wookie they need to be very different from the current ones or at least completely different, very very arena-looking customizations. Dirty, burnt, defiant, tough mo-fo's. Maybe even make a way to duel with them. Like Proxy from Force Unleashed...
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

Flightsaber
04.15.2014 , 02:00 PM | #10
I don't do rateds, but as a general principle I think the rewards should be visible during instanced and world pvp. That might mean moving away from pets, which typically aren't visible in instanced pvp. All tiers should receive the lower tier options as well, so that players who just want a lower tier reward are encouraged to continue pvp'ing.

Top Tier: Unique Mount

Middle Tier: /owned emote (only usable on corpses. Rifle-butt a corpse, spin a lightsaber downwards to thrust into the body, etc....a way to gloat over a kill at the expense of a few seconds of animation, with a new emote added each season. Add some creative emote text to boot). Temporarily unique dye or armor combination that will be released to the public 4-8 seasons later.

Lower Tier: Unique legacy and character-only title.
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
-1 John 3:16