PvP Dueling Place in fast loading area

Osdorof

Oricon, Entrance to Operations(2d floor, DP entrance).

Q - Why Oricon?

A - Because fast loading time and Sanctuary area. ( There are obviously Voss and Nar Shaada but we all know how long it takes to load in)

Q - Why even bother PvP Dueling Zone?

A - A place for PvPers to duel, have fun etc. while we are waiting for PvP q pop(wz, yoloq, ranked 4v4 arenas)

Map overview picture - http://postimg.org/image/yj5i10zq3/

Place to gank n stuff - http://postimg.org/image/fnwmb4vrl/

dueling place itself - http://postimg.org/image/47chv4id5/

Note - If there are 2 or more instances of oricon, the instance that is NOT RED POPULATED is always central hub.(You can teleport to another instance by adding some1 to your friends list and teleporting to him)

Greetings from the on the forums banned ROUDY

Information: Be sure to not leap/phasewalk/pull through the teleport. Just see it as a wall.

Edited by Osdorof

No. Just no. I support the core idea but not the chosen place.

It has terrible LoS, is far too open, and its easy to make a misstep and ruin the whole thing, if not so intentionally.

This should be done on the fleet if it is to succeed, connected to the main ship by some sort of portal.

Basically a mini-world (which could be sanctuary as well and reachable by both factions) so the loading isn't too long. With proper arena map design that will support multiple consequent duels. As well as PvP zone flagging so PvP medpacs and adrenals work.

Now that would be a great duelling zone.

But Oricon, at the palace entrance? Hell no.

Yeah, say no to an existing, well accepted place, just to describe an alternative that doesn't even exist. *claps*

Well yeah, because that area on oricon is horrible. Voss is quite a bit better at that. And just as easily reachable.

On the other hand if my suggestion were to become reality, it would be the best thing bioware did for pvp in a very long time.

Well yeah, because that area on oricon is horrible. Voss is quite a bit better at that. And just as easily reachable.

On the other hand if my suggestion were to become reality, it would be the best thing bioware did for pvp in a very long time.

I think you missunderstand the core idea of the Oricon DZ. It is there so that PvP players have something to do when they are waiting for a queue to pop - 1) Dueling itself 2)Talking to each other, etc.

The area itself is great, it has LoS, big map, tricky places, just what a dueling area needs to have.

Voss is good as well, but once again, you probably didn't get it - Voss loading screen is x10 times longer than Oricon's.

There are 3 Sanctuary zones that both factions have access to in a game - Oricon(Fast loading screen), Nar Shaddaa(Slow loading screen), Voss(Slow loading screen). Oricon Sanctuary area provides not only a good map like Voss, but also has a very fast loading sreen.

Hosting a DZ somewhere on Quesh, lets say, wouldnt provide a quality experience for Dueling and PvPers, since duels would always get interrupted(gankers, members of opposing faction standing nearby), therefore Oricon is best.

Oricon dueling place is already populated and there is no better alternative. As simple as that.

Good job :p

Voss is good as well, but once again, you probably didn't get it - Voss loading screen is x10 times longer than Oricon's.

Get a better computer then Voss loads at the same speed as Oricon for me.

And my suggested place doesn't exist in the game. If only it did..

And my suggested place doesn't exist in the game. If only it did..

Oh really? Not like all of us wish BW would make a dueling zone on Fleet for us, but it DOESN'T HAPPEN, get it? That is the reason why we will have our own.

Edited by Wonkanerd

No. Just no. I support the core idea but not the chosen place.

It has terrible LoS, is far too open, and its easy to make a misstep and ruin the whole thing, if not so intentionally.

This should be done on the fleet if it is to succeed, connected to the main ship by some sort of portal.

Basically a mini-world (which could be sanctuary as well and reachable by both factions) so the loading isn't too long. With proper arena map design that will support multiple consequent duels. As well as PvP zone flagging so PvP medpacs and adrenals work.

Now that would be a great duelling zone.

But Oricon, at the palace entrance? Hell no.

Rofl

"That is a terrible suggestion for a duelling place,I suggest you duel in imaginationland instead"

Such Eximan.

Yup. Just the way you presented the argument made no sense. ^^

Hum, but there are LoS possibilities, why aren't they enough? For Sins there are enough places to place phasewalk. For a Sage one bigger object is enough. More would sure make it more interesting, but it's not THAT bad.

Yup. Just the way you presented the argument made no sense. ^^

Hum, but there are LoS possibilities, why aren't they enough? For Sins there are enough places to place phasewalk. For a Sage one bigger object is enough. More would sure make it more interesting, but it's not THAT bad.

Because for LoS to be suitable, it needs to be nearer to the center. On Oricon the entire center is clear, far too open.

The gates really aren't any good.