Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problems with swtor

Tronics
12.23.2011 , 06:10 AM | #1
Hi to all first,

I've been following this game for some time as most have and managed to buy it the other day, now I've had the game for 3 days and I've managed to play yesturday for 10 mins before crashing. So as yet after 3 days of owning this mmo, I've not been able to play at all due to constent crashing and bsod and my pc keep being rebooted. I've gone through the forum and made sure I found out any problem to which everythig on my pc is up to date and good enough to handle this game on full settings and in 3d.

But sadley I'm not able to get at least a couple of hours without something happening to reboot my system due to faults with swtor game. Is there any chance there is some sort of fix on the way that will give me a chance to play swtor mmo.

Please bare in mind I'm not new to mmo's and know the rigmarol to what happens on new releases. Just that most mmo's allow you to play at least a few hours before crashing or rebooting your pc every 5 mins.

Day one installed and couldn't even get into character creations for 2 hours. then it wouldn't even get passed animations at start, so gave up, day 2 again tried all sorts and couldn't get passed the intro after creating character. day 3 yesturday I managed to finally start and got into the game and played for 10 mins and it crashed my pc, so gave up again... I've got christmas shopping to do today and will try again later. But other then that I hope if it continues to crash that there is going to be some sort of extention on the 30 days free, because so far I can't play swtor.

Thanks for reading

Paul.

Shadysketchy
12.23.2011 , 06:13 AM | #2
Problems with TOR Too many to count
Cancelled, January/4/2012
Level 50, December/22/2011
TOR's Most Critical Errors http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=67935
Dark Side Critical Errors, New Payment Ideas, Poor Customer Support

Koxi
12.23.2011 , 06:25 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tronics View Post
Hi to all first,

I've been following this game for some time as most have and managed to buy it the other day, now I've had the game for 3 days and I've managed to play yesturday for 10 mins before crashing. So as yet after 3 days of owning this mmo, I've not been able to play at all due to constent crashing and bsod and my pc keep being rebooted. I've gone through the forum and made sure I found out any problem to which everythig on my pc is up to date and good enough to handle this game on full settings and in 3d.

But sadley I'm not able to get at least a couple of hours without something happening to reboot my system due to faults with swtor game. Is there any chance there is some sort of fix on the way that will give me a chance to play swtor mmo.

Please bare in mind I'm not new to mmo's and know the rigmarol to what happens on new releases. Just that most mmo's allow you to play at least a few hours before crashing or rebooting your pc every 5 mins.

Day one installed and couldn't even get into character creations for 2 hours. then it wouldn't even get passed animations at start, so gave up, day 2 again tried all sorts and couldn't get passed the intro after creating character. day 3 yesturday I managed to finally start and got into the game and played for 10 mins and it crashed my pc, so gave up again... I've got christmas shopping to do today and will try again later. But other then that I hope if it continues to crash that there is going to be some sort of extention on the 30 days free, because so far I can't play swtor.

Thanks for reading

Paul.

Whats the rig you're running it on? I've had no crashes what so ever so can't be he game.
Twitter: @mac__monkey - Photos, bio, and general tweetage.

Rhina
12.23.2011 , 06:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadysketchy View Post
Problems with TOR Too many to count
NONE which really disturbs my gaming xperience!

For the "first" MMO it started pretty smooth for me, sure some things need twitching but the whole package is good immo!

Play WOW an write tickets about BlizzFails every day, ...and these bastards are doing it for 7 years now!

Boesmith
12.23.2011 , 06:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Koxi View Post
Whats the rig you're running it on? I've had no crashes what so ever so can't be he game.
I have 0 crashes but you're wrong, different hardware reacts differently on every set-up. Making computer games is the most painful process.
SW:ToR needs so much fixes that they can make an expansion out of it. <Jedi guardian - chuundar>

Kaskava
12.23.2011 , 06:32 AM | #6
Really sounds like the problems on your end. The only person I know of who's had problems with their PC coming to close to crashing was a friend who needed to get a new graphics card. So, honestly, stop blaming TOR and BioWare, and realize that it's something wrong in your rig.
This just in: Expanding on an ending no one likes is not improving said ending. A polished turd is still a turd.

sadatoni
12.23.2011 , 06:33 AM | #7
I've had a few crashes, but it's been after several hours of play. I believe my PSU is overheating. You could be having an overheating problem.

NatetheRipper
12.23.2011 , 06:40 AM | #8
I would say what are you running it on. Ive had 0 crashes and ive played on my XPS 1645 and on my alienware m11x both with I7 dual and quad with ATI and Nvidia cards 1 and 2 gig and both running 8gb ram. I do run reallly hot but to be expected on netbooks and laptops.

Tronics
12.23.2011 , 06:42 AM | #9
My PC:

Win 7
Amd Athlon 64 bit dual core x 2 2.9 gig
4 gig ram
2 x 460 gtx in sli mode
3d monitor at 120 hz
3d vision

usual stuff

As I have said I'm not new to mmo's or new releases and know that some people won't have problems and some will as not every pc is the same. And I do know eventually a patch will be released and the crashing will stop. But please don't say it's my computer or hardware because I know it isn't.

All new mmo's and games for that matter have problems which isn't an issue, the issue is how long will it be when the first major patch will be released to fix the constent crashing, which is due to the game codeing, either memory leaks or graphic card drivers that need updating to fix compatability problems. Either way it's game problems, not pc problems that alot of people seem to be having here.

Thanks for reading

Paul.

p.s

Thanks for the replies.

My pc has 6 fans running inside my case, so over heating isn't a problem as I keep the room my computers in at a cool temprature as well.

abyssaldeath
12.23.2011 , 06:43 AM | #10
This game is very sensitive to driver issues. Make sure you update/reinstall all your drivers if you are having problems. By all of them, I mean all of them, including, but not limited to, you CPU, GPU, Northbridge, Southbridge, Audio, etc.