Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.7 Concealment - Snaveheart

snave
04.14.2014 , 02:07 PM | #1
Well hello there!

2.7 has arrived and a lot of concealment / scrapper players seem to be down in the dumps over the removal of hidden strikes knock down with lots of threads on the operative forums about players giving up and questioning why bioware would be so silly.

I can't say I agree with the changes that were made but fortunately the game is still full of bad players who will chase you around a node for 2 mins and fail to cap it, this video is a reminder to all concealment / scrapper players out there that yes, sure, assassins can do our jobs better but we can still run them ragged on the regstar battlefield.

No matter how bad the operative nerfs get always remember, there are some truly awful players out there and it's our jobs to stun lock their keyboards until they unsub.

My Snaveheart Trailer got some positive feedback so I've done something similar here too, I also listened to people who told me my last movie was too short and didn't have enough long clips in it. Hopefully this will have a little something for everyone.

REMEMBER OPERATIVES - WE ARE LIONS*!

2.7 Concealment - Snaveheart

(*operatives may only be Lions against bad players)

XDAndroid
04.14.2014 , 07:30 PM | #2
An instant classic
Corpi Lethality Operative
Spirol Darkness Assassin
Kinzy Corruption Sorcerer K'inzy Infiltration Shadow
"Sometimes I get so mad that I might come across friendly - don't be fooled"

jessemacca
04.15.2014 , 09:27 PM | #3
Hahaha that last comment! WE ARE LIONS!
Love your work haha
Vanguard - 55, Shadow - 52
Juggernaut-55, Operative -43, Sorcerer- 22, Sniper -50
The Bastion

BobaFaceroll
04.16.2014 , 08:25 AM | #4
Great battle cry Snave. PvEGEAREDSORCS!

Loved the video. Rowdy Roddy and Clint were excellent choices.

djdee
04.17.2014 , 07:12 PM | #5
EDIT: nvm found a "workaround" that lets me view it at least.

I really wish conservative music rights organizations would get with the times already and embrace new business models and practices. They are losing money over their own stubborness.
See ya on the chronostream, time jockey!
Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. And never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
You can use my referral link for a preferred friend bundle if you want to try SWTOR out.

snave
04.19.2014 , 08:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by XDAndroid View Post
An instant classic
Thank you all for your kind words, I wouldn't bother making these videos if I didn't get the impression people liked them so sincerely cheers for that.

If anyone has any requests or ideas for future ones I'd be happy to try and accommodate them, providing of course that they don't require any real skill from me :P

Currently the only reasonable ideas I have are doing a voice over one of my full games to help people understand how stealth players are meant to play (seriously the amount of stealth players I meet who think the only point of stealth is to try and gank people is unreal) and I was considering restarting up the chat show Reality Check with The gosh darn Snave for a couple of episodes and get class reps / GM's from top PvP / PvE guilds on to talk about why they use the compositions they do in raids / ranked and what would be needed for them to consider bringing the classes that are currently left out. Those are pretty weak ideas so if you've got anything better feel free to let me plagiarise it

RGMetal
04.19.2014 , 09:19 PM | #7
Great vid, inspired me to play my scrapper again.
<The Core>
Toshirou / Gene / Keiichi / Kusanagi / Yoshô / Musashí

<Malice In Wonderland>
Toshí / Míka / Shíro / Gintoki / Faye / Jubei

Cordorian
04.20.2014 , 12:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
Thank you all for your kind words, I wouldn't bother making these videos if I didn't get the impression people liked them so sincerely cheers for that.

If anyone has any requests or ideas for future ones I'd be happy to try and accommodate them, providing of course that they don't require any real skill from me :P

Currently the only reasonable ideas I have are doing a voice over one of my full games to help people understand how stealth players are meant to play (seriously the amount of stealth players I meet who think the only point of stealth is to try and gank people is unreal) and I was considering restarting up the chat show Reality Check with The gosh darn Snave for a couple of episodes and get class reps / GM's from top PvP / PvE guilds on to talk about why they use the compositions they do in raids / ranked and what would be needed for them to consider bringing the classes that are currently left out. Those are pretty weak ideas so if you've got anything better feel free to let me plagiarise it

please do that. Always enjoyed RCwtGDS, even if you didnt really have topic to talk about. And I think i will finially stop healing, it is just getting annoying that now even mediocre stealthers can gank you :P

wishihadaname
04.20.2014 , 07:21 PM | #9
Here is my suggestion: make a guide/video for lethality. I keep thinking of doing it myself but my trooper vids got trolled really freaking hard (I dared used a rifle on a commando and still kick ***) so i'm not sure if me doing something else weird (lethality ops) would be worth the time.
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

Gyronamics
04.20.2014 , 07:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by wishihadaname View Post
Here is my suggestion: make a guide/video for lethality. I keep thinking of doing it myself but my trooper vids got trolled really freaking hard (I dared used a rifle on a commando and still kick ***) so i'm not sure if me doing something else weird (lethality ops) would be worth the time.
Healer commandos lose nothing by using a rifle.

DPS commandos lose about 13% on Full Auto, High Impact Bolt and Hammer Shots while disabling Charged Bolts (secondary CoF proc and usable on shrouded assassins) and Hail of Bolts (AOE objective denial if Mortar Volley is on CD).

It's halfway between the totally aesthetic use of a Gamorean Axe and the faceplanting fail of single wielding when you're a dual wielding class.

The bottom line is you willingly disabled abilities and took a dps hit for no benefit and that doesn't look very pro.
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE