Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Update

TravelersWay
04.17.2014 , 03:05 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Hey, I'm not saying we got a whole game.

Just pointing out the inaccuracy in your post, which is becoming a habit of mine recently. I mean, I've consistently responded to inaccuracy but it's new, and disappointing, to see such blatant inaccuracy coming from you.
Well he did forget about Class stories.

@the OP: Personally, I could not care any less about the player housing. To me it was a complete waste of time and development resources. However, you are not alone - there are many people out there who love playing interior designer and can't understand why any game should be without this useless feature.

Quote: Originally Posted by Projawa View Post
No mention of a fleet chat toggle? I think fleet chat should be off by default in your stronghold but people should have the option of turning it on so they don't miss out on pugs.
Then they either need to get their butts off the sofa and go to the fleet or set up an agreement with everyone who lives in Stronghold chat to PUG each other.
Character Page with music and Quest Lists
Handy Dandy Flowchart for commenting on forums

Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons

Devrius
04.17.2014 , 03:14 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by hooty View Post
The game needs new levels, new planets, new missions.
Everyone of those things has been announced before the end of the year by the way...

arunav
04.17.2014 , 03:48 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Devrius View Post
Everyone of those things has been announced before the end of the year by the way...
And strategically placed at year's end, after new MMOs launch.

What about the players that like SWTOR and don't leave to go play other games? We kind of get shafted for our subscriptions and whatever else.

I guess subscriptions don't really matter much, so cartel coins. That's the frustrating part - there are plenty of people spending money on those, but there isn't much being updated for the actual game.

I'm glad they added a new WZ after almost a year and a half, and there's 2 new FPs to do (though the stories in them aren't so great).

GSF has been a disappointment to many, largely because of its implementation. Why did players have to wait this many months to get the third map they already had done? There were only 2 maps to play from December until last week. And that's not to mention BW couldn't be bothered with developing it for joysticks or gamepads, something they knew folks would want but EA just didn't get around to funding.

Unless EA is selling enough CCs within GSF to get back what they wanted from it. Which, if they are, is sad, because the queue times are growing longer and longer. And what it is, 12 vs. 12 dogfights in cool SW zones, is what many players wanted from the "SSSP".

EA/BW is just holding back the maps and preventing people from getting into it, alongside incorporating cartel coins too much into the design. It feels less like part of the basic SWTOR game and more like an add-on to sell things. As such, it actually hurts their game.

I'm pretty sure Strongholds will be similar. We'll see.

ArtemisEntrerie
04.17.2014 , 08:45 PM | #44
Personally I think this Player Stronghold housing thing is complete bull krap and a waste of development resources.

We've had player housing since launch (our personal ships) whether anyone else admits it or not, and so there was never a need for these to be added. Despite the many people that clamored about wanting it cause they don't realize they have it already. Instead they could have turned the resources they put on this to developing ways to incorporate the Stronghold features and customization into our personal ships then had the same effect only better cause our ships can travel!

The only good thing coming out of the update in my opinion are the guild flagships.
CE Purchaser

Trooperclay
04.17.2014 , 10:21 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by ArtemisEntrerie View Post
Personally I think this Player Stronghold housing thing is complete bull krap and a waste of development resources.

We've had player housing since launch (our personal ships) whether anyone else admits it or not, and so there was never a need for these to be added. Despite the many people that clamored about wanting it cause they don't realize they have it already. Instead they could have turned the resources they put on this to developing ways to incorporate the Stronghold features and customization into our personal ships then had the same effect only better cause our ships can travel!

The only good thing coming out of the update in my opinion are the guild flagships.
I like the customizable part of the new housing; If we'd had that for ships, i'd have been content.
Flagships, on the other hand, I've been looking forward to for a LOOONG time.
For a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times... before the Empire...

ekwalizer
04.17.2014 , 10:47 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It was not inaccurate...whether I disappoint you or not is of no concern to me. I stated that it wasn't worth adding GSF or housing at the expense of the things players DID play for...like FPs, OPs and WZs...that's my opinion. You may have a differing opinion, but that doesn't make mine inaccurate.

It's my belief that both Housing and GSF should NOT have been included in the "normal" update schedule - a schedule that was doing exceptionally well at the end of 2013 with releasing Ops, FPs and daily areas...you know, the kinda content we were actually satisfied with and players were playing for...instead, they ignored what was keeping players here for things that weren't. I'm pleased they're expanding the game, but with a dwindling player base, how much thinner can they make the pool of players while still keeping players happy?

The way they've drew out GSF over 3 Updates was comical...they're going to do the same with housing and it'll have the same impact...a negative one I fear.
I agree, GSF and Housing should have waited until the next major expansion and came together. GSF never should have went to test without joystick compatibility. It's 2014 FFS - the technology has been in place for quite some time.

Housing to me is a gimmick at this point. Was it cool in SWG? Sure, but SWG was a different kind of game. Invariably, this is going to be an instance like our ships where everyone goes to the exact same access point to enter their "stronghold".

Lunafox
04.18.2014 , 12:35 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Trooperclay View Post
Am I the only one excited for Galactic Strongholds?
I don't see too many people around here that seem that way, even though I see a lot of people asking for Player Housing and Guild Flagships...
It's the only reason I've come back. If it fails, I'll be gone again.
My debut novel is coming 12. 21. 2014!

reclipsed
04.18.2014 , 08:11 AM | #48
I have no cares for little play houses, I got my fill with the sims years ago. But who am I to judge what others like or want? Plus, it'll bring in money and that is always a good thing with games.
I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Elfa
04.18.2014 , 08:26 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Trooperclay View Post
Am I the only one excited for Galactic Strongholds?
I don't see too many people around here that seem that way, even though I see a lot of people asking for Player Housing and Guild Flagships...
Yes. You are the only person in the whole game excited for Galactic Strongholds.

/s
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

TUXs
04.18.2014 , 09:23 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by terzappi View Post
for those who love pve there is nothing more in the short run? I mean, atm we know it's planned a makeb-style expansion. And stop.

I guess that user who said devs are a bunch of clowns was right.
Uh...PvE has had the bulk of the updates the last 2 updates...KDY and the 2 new Tactical FPs.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)