Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New Update


Trooperclay's Avatar


Trooperclay
04.14.2014 , 12:39 PM | #1
Am I the only one excited for Galactic Strongholds?
I don't see too many people around here that seem that way, even though I see a lot of people asking for Player Housing and Guild Flagships...
For a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times... before the Empire...

Fantazm's Avatar


Fantazm
04.14.2014 , 12:41 PM | #2
it's months away.

Sith-Viscera's Avatar


Sith-Viscera
04.14.2014 , 12:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Fantazm View Post
it's months away.
NOT FOR THOSE THAT GET EARLY ACCESS.

As far as excitement. Someone made a good point, most likely it will be a door we all share and when u warp in then and only then it will be your home ( other words another map just for u.) Doubt it be like with SWG housing where the players had their own individual buildings, they call home......
I can use my powers to conjure up your worst nightmares and bring them to life before your eyes. I can drive you mad with fear, shred your sanity, and leave you a raving lunatic for the rest of your life. -Darth Zannah

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
04.14.2014 , 01:10 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Trooperclay View Post
Am I the only one excited for Galactic Strongholds?
I don't see too many people around here that seem that way, even though I see a lot of people asking for Player Housing and Guild Flagships...
Sadly, it's not the biggest need of this game atm. I'm thrilled they're adding it, but with the dry spell of content we've suffered through since GSF was launched 3 updates in a row, I think the timing couldn't be worse. Add to that the fact that housing will also be spread out over 3 updates and it's no shock there are less and less players.

Housing could be great...but it wasn't worth adding at the expense of improving the things people DID play for (Ops, FPs, WZs).
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
04.14.2014 , 01:13 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Sadly, it's not the biggest need of this game atm. I'm thrilled they're adding it, but with the dry spell of content we've suffered through since GSF was launched 3 updates in a row, I think the timing couldn't be worse. Add to that the fact that housing will also be spread out over 3 updates and it's no shock there are less and less players.

Housing could be great...but it wasn't worth adding at the expense of improving the things people DID play for (Ops, FPs, WZs).
Yeah, complete dearth of content. It's not like 2 new flashpoints and a new Huttball and a new GSF map just hit the game or anything.

EDIT: Think I forgot a NiM operation or something, too?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Vandicus's Avatar


Vandicus
04.14.2014 , 01:15 PM | #6
There was a lot of noise about it when it was first announced, heck there was a lot of noise about it when we got the teaser trailer alone. But that's no longer the hot topic of the moment. Most announcements and even content patches tend to generate a few days of heated discussion before dying down. Heck, 2.7 was a week ago, and we don't have any discussion about it in general discussion, despite Hutt ball being a very polarizing topic amongst pvp fans, and tactical flashpoints being very polarizing amongst PvE fans. The forums doesn't seem to really get long termed actively hyped for anything, except for the SSSP. That might have to do with the secrecy though.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
04.14.2014 , 01:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Yeah, complete dearth of content. It's not like 2 new flashpoints and a new Huttball and a new GSF map just hit the game or anything.

EDIT: Think I forgot a NiM operation or something, too?
LOL! Yeah, mega content huh? 2.7 was sure the ESO killer eh? Come on...the only thing even remotely good of those is the 2 new FPs, but even they aren't challenging. Go convince someone else Darth...I'm not as gullible as you seem to think.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
04.14.2014 , 01:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
LOL! Yeah, mega content huh? 2.7 was sure the ESO killer eh? Come on...the only thing even remotely good of those is the 2 new FPs, but even they aren't challenging. Go convince someone else Darth...I'm not as gullible as you seem to think.
Hey, I'm not saying we got a whole game.

Just pointing out the inaccuracy in your post, which is becoming a habit of mine recently. I mean, I've consistently responded to inaccuracy but it's new, and disappointing, to see such blatant inaccuracy coming from you.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Vandicus's Avatar


Vandicus
04.14.2014 , 01:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
LOL! Yeah, mega content huh? 2.7 was sure the ESO killer eh? Come on...the only thing even remotely good of those is the 2 new FPs, but even they aren't challenging. Go convince someone else Darth...I'm not as gullible as you seem to think.
If every patch were the size of 2.7

We'd see 6 new GSF maps a year
6 new warzones a year
12 new flashpoints a year
2 full operations a year(6 modes, 3 modes per operation, becomes 2 operations/year)

For the most part, that'd be quite a bit faster than normal, and TOR's update pace is already decent.


As for ESO, it seems to be doing a good enough job of killing itself. Hopefully in 6 months they'll have sorted out their issues so PvE group content becomes not a terrible experience.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
04.14.2014 , 01:28 PM | #10
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain