Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BattleZone! Demo Match: 4-way Brawl

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The BattleZone! Demo Match: 4-way Brawl

Selenial
04.13.2014 , 07:04 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Concealing herself isn't gonna work here, because of the place they are all fighting in which is just a 10 meter mound, plus Force Concealment is very taxing anyway and plus none of the combatants here are stupid enough that she can just hide away from them anyway in plain sight.

At any rate, I don't see Malgus lasting very long anyhow.
Uhh, they start on a 10m round Mound in a vast wasteland, don't they Aurbere?

As for force concealment, she's never shown it to be taxing, and of course, because everyone's in battle she can conceal herself my invading their minds instead.

Vader and Kun aren't exactly going to team up, they'll be fighting so vigorously that Malgus could survive.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Wolfninjajedi
04.13.2014 , 07:07 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post

As for force concealment, she's never shown it to be taxing, and of course, because everyone's in battle she can conceal herself my invading their minds instead.

Vader and Kun aren't exactly going to team up, they'll be fighting so vigorously that Malgus could survive.
That isn't gonna work because Vader himself has shown to have some telepathy feats himself aswell as a strong mind so he could very well find her. Kun I'm recalling be the same way and yes Force Concealment is a taxing technique.

Well neither are Malgus and Traya ya know, they certainly wouldn't team up and I don't think Traya would bother herself with helping him anyway that doesn't seem like her at all.

This whole thing here seems to be banking on that Malgus would survive long enough to be the last one standing, which I don't see happening here. Sure he may last, but he isn't gonna be the last one.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Selenial
04.13.2014 , 07:11 PM | #33
that doesn't seem like her at all.
Then you don't know Traya at all.

She built Sion into one of the greatest Jedi Slayers in the galaxy, one of the most powerful men, knowing full well she was going to kill him in the end.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Wolfninjajedi
04.13.2014 , 07:16 PM | #34
Then you don't know Traya at all.

She built Sion into one of the greatest Jedi Slayers in the galaxy, one of the most powerful men, knowing full well she was going to kill him in the end.
No I know, but this is a battle and she had a plan for Sion and building up a powerbase to reintroduce the Sith and take out the Jedi.

It is not the same thing here, here....Malgus isn't some pawn of Traya, he is going to go after and try to kill her just the same as the other 2 would.

Why would Traya help someone that is trying to kill her in a fight?

But again...I don't see Malgus lasting that long anyway.

Aurbere
04.13.2014 , 07:17 PM | #35
An enclosed wasteland, but a wasteland nonetheless. I don't think I ever actually established the exact dimensions of the arena.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
04.13.2014 , 07:27 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
An enclosed wasteland, but a wasteland nonetheless. I don't think I ever actually established the exact dimensions of the arena.
I just saw you saying arena and small mound, nothing bout a wasteland.

Aurbere
04.13.2014 , 07:36 PM | #37
I just saw you saying arena and small mound, nothing bout a wasteland.
It's basically the same arena we've been using for the past few threads, just a larger starting area to accommodate the number of combatants.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
04.14.2014 , 05:01 AM | #38
Interesting matchup. Very interesting. I have to say though that this idea that Traya can heal Malgus is impossible, Force Healing may be a benevolent power yes, but it can be used to do as much harm as good, and ultimately it is a Force power. Now I say this because that effectively means that Traya can't heal Malgus if his Force Barriers are raised, which they most obviously will be. And if she somehow managed to break them healing him is the last thing she'd do. I expect the same applies for vital transfer etc. these things simply can't be done if the subject is unwilling.

I'd also point out that despite Vader's extensive telepathic abilities, it seems unlikely that he'll be able to sense Traya at all if she chooses to conceal himself. I say this because Traya was able to conceal her presence from the Jedi Council, despite being in plain sight. She didn't even used Force Concealment, she stood right in front of them, she even spoke in their presence, and they paid her no heed. Partially because by having the Force stripped from her she became even more difficult to see than before. I'd say she could use that in combat, but it would likely be too taxing.

Beniboybling
04.18.2014 , 01:31 PM | #39
So... anybody? OK. Well how about this, maybe if I tell you how Vader is going to die first people might get interested.

Heh, heh heh.

Anyway, I think its more likely that Vader as opposed to Malgus will be Traya's target. Not only is he the greater threat, but his suit, a mechanized piece of equipment with deliberate design flaws is going to be riddled, and I mean riddled with shatterpoints. So lets say in the midst of the battle, after locating Vader's shatterpoint, Traya conceals herself, she then waits for the opportune moment when Vader has his guard down and/or is distracted then strikes with a powerful, charged gout of the most potent Force Lightning she can muster at the weakest point in his suit.

The effects will be devastating.

In the instance that his rebreather is hit, he'll be unable to well, breath. Or maybe she'll hit that chest computer and shut down his circulatory system, cut off blood to his body, or maybe he'll lose all his senses, his sight, hearing etc., maybe his nerves will be scrambled, making him unable to control his body or maybe his limbs will short circuit, maybe the entire suit will short circuit and just switch off. He could be crippled in a dozen different ways.

But the conclusion will be the same, Vader will be exposed and vulnerable. In the worst case he'll be struck down there and then either by Traya or whoever he was engaging, these guys don't waste time, they are lethal and fast and if they see an opening they will take it. At best Vader will hold out for a while longer, but he'll inevitable die.

It pains me to say this because Vader is one of my favourite characters, but he's probably going to wind up last place.

...Well, go on then. Come at me!

cs_zoltan
04.18.2014 , 01:58 PM | #40
Vader has his guard down or distracted? Sounds legit...But anyway he survived for at least 10-15 min after eating a full load of Palp's lightning, Traya won't even tickle.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy