Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Missing something...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Missing something...

Hoshkar
04.13.2014 , 09:39 AM | #1
I haven't really looked into the whole MK-9 craze till recently. Best info I can find is REing a droid part that costs 2 / 2 / 2 for the mats. Are they talking about the level 52 droid part? From what I read the best way to get those MK things is off level 54+ items.

Basically i am asking, what item should I be making to RE for the MK components that is the most cost effective way.
I am a 450 Master Crafter (a few of the harvesting ones x2 or x3) as well. With all of the crafting trainer schematics as well as all of the ones I see off the GTN. (Highest level is only 35, so any end game faction vendor schematics are out of the question at the moment).

Thanks for the help in advance!
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

psandak
04.13.2014 , 09:49 AM | #2
The droid parts you are looking for are:

QT-10 parts
QT-9 parts

Both have material costs of 2/2/2

They are both available from the Cybertech trainer

Hoshkar
04.13.2014 , 09:59 AM | #3
Ah ok, so it is the level 52 ones. Thank you for clearing that up
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

Hoshkar
04.14.2014 , 07:37 PM | #4
I have another question!!!

Do you get a better MK-9 return on REing blue or purple versions of those droid parts? Do augmented ones give you more? Just asking because I have a mega surplus of the mats clogging my cargo anyway....

Oh and legacy of crafting perks, do those help your chances at making 2 MK-9s at all? My Synthweaver has the +5 droid item as well. Do those two stack if they do help chances?

psandak
04.14.2014 , 08:12 PM | #5
Nope to all. You get ONE MK-9 component per RE.

Hoshkar
04.14.2014 , 08:29 PM | #6
Even a no to crafting the MK-9 augments themselves with the crafting perks / droid +5 part?

Khevar
04.14.2014 , 10:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoshkar View Post
Even a no to crafting the MK-9 augments themselves with the crafting perks / droid +5 part?
If you are crafting MK-9 augments, and you get a crit, you'll get 2 kits instead of one.

This doesn't apply to getting the components to make the kits though. If you RE 10 crafted items, you'll get 10 components, which will let you make 1 kit (or 2 kits on a critical crafting result).

Hoshkar
04.14.2014 , 10:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
If you are crafting MK-9 augments, and you get a crit, you'll get 2 kits instead of one.

This doesn't apply to getting the components to make the kits though. If you RE 10 crafted items, you'll get 10 components, which will let you make 1 kit (or 2 kits on a critical crafting result).

Good to know, but does legacy crafting or the 5+ critical synthweave make it proc more often?

I may have answered my own question there...just made 4 MK-9 augments with my droid, and he crit 3 times (either stacking up the legacy crafting perks x3 + the 5+ droid thing works, or I am crazy lucky!)

Khevar
04.14.2014 , 11:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoshkar View Post
Good to know, but does legacy crafting or the 5+ critical synthweave make it proc more often?

I may have answered my own question there...just made 4 MK-9 augments with my droid, and he crit 3 times (either stacking up the legacy crafting perks x3 + the 5+ droid thing works, or I am crazy lucky!)
The Legacy of Crafting applies to Augment Kits as well.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...93#post4767939

If your droid has full affection you should have a 28% chance to crit.
+15% base chance
+5% full affection
+5% synthweaving sensor
+3% legacy of crafting

Hoshkar
04.15.2014 , 05:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
The Legacy of Crafting applies to Augment Kits as well.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...93#post4767939

If your droid has full affection you should have a 28% chance to crit.
+15% base chance
+5% full affection
+5% synthweaving sensor
+3% legacy of crafting

Ah, affection.... I forgot to do that...Knew I was missing one of them. I did get them to 4,000 or so. I might have to look around for a guide on how to max it out (think the highest any of my characters have ever gotten one was in the low 5,000s).

Thanks for the answer!!