Opt-out of DOUBLE XP

Jrea

Just thought I would throw this out in case any trolls are hungry.........

For me Its always been a little too easy to level in this game. For me Keeping pace with what I am doing is more important, and for some of us, as soon as you have your first 50(55 now) getting to that "goal" don't really seem like such a big deal.

With reg xp, rested bonus,xp buffs and double xp weekends it starts to feel like leveling is pointless and everyone should just start at 55. Whats the point of leveling at all when there is less and less Challenge to it? It can be very frustrating to out-level what you are doing so fast, and it has to be annoying as heck for new people, out leveling the content, then much slower leveling come Monday.

Xp isn't the only reward in the game, it would be great if there was an option to not do double xp, or even to turn off your leveling all together, (Behsten/Slahtz anyone?).

FYI:

"Yes, we all know what Alt/f4 is" ,

"Not playing (no xp) doesn't solve the problem of wanting less xp,"

"I like to play on the weekend"

"My 55's are boring"

"If you don't understand why some people don't want to level so fast, then re-read this post"

"Yes I use to be a nube, so I do get why leveling fast can be important"

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never understand this, if you want to see the content you can still do it. You'll out-level content regardless of double exp or not. The big argument against 2x exp is the whole "We want to experience the content" however there is nothing stopping you, infact it makes more sense from an RP perspective to be overpowered since if our characters were just regular everyday joes they wouldn't need us in the first place.

This whole argument seems like nothing more then a complaint just for the sake of complaining. We get it you don't like over-leveling content but if thats the case how do you play normally? I have a fresh juggernaut im playing through to see all the imperial story lines again since it has been a while, Hes currently level 40 just starting Alderaan thats with no 2x-exp, no cartel boosts and the only flashpoint i did were the Foundry/Boarding party(again just to see the story).

EAware does alot of things wrong but this isn't one of them. You said new players might dislike this yet every planet, every flashpoint has new players that are loving the extra exp. If anything the complaint should be "New players are getting spoiled" since the day after the event ends every planet is filled with "I think dbl exp is broken im not getting extra".

Whats the point of leveling at all when there is less and less Challenge to it?

The fun of the leveling content is the story. All 8 class stories are worth playing through. However, the planetary quests are decidedly not worth playing through four times each so you can see all 8 class stories.

Then, if you want to experience some of the better class stories, like Agent, multiple times, the planetary stories become even worse of a barrier and frustration.

Double Experience lets those of us who've already experienced all of the same old planetary stories so many times over, experience the class stories without having to wade through planetary stories for the Nth time.

Double Experience also lets those of us who want to get a new class to endgame, get there without grinding the same old things all over again... things that were wonderful the first time around, but pretty horrifyingly boring the Nth time around.

If you don't like Double Experience, try something different. Roll a character class whose story you haven't seen yet, on a faction whose planets you have seen. Then just do the class stories and supplement with very little flash points or GSF or PvP or whatever else just to keep on par with your class story level. You might find the process enjoyable.

Once you`ve gone to max level at least twice - one imp, one rep, the xp is not enough, not too much, as you say. Why? Because I have seen EVERYTHING minus the class story. And I`m not THAT stupid to enjoy the same crap for the 2nd to 16th time - You can`t laugh at the same joke twice, really. I would very much like an xp multiplier to boost me to max level if I already have one on a side, just by doing class quests. Especially in such a solo centered game, without the need to group and whatever social fun it can bring, by having 8 - 12 people on the same voice chat.

I also don`t understand anyone complaining about it - are you THAT distracted that you forget instantly what you`ve done one month ago? Doesn`t each mission STINK of deja vu already? What possible enjoyment can you get by watching the same bad movie the 4th+ time??

Edited by Styxx

Yup, been said by someone else. Don't update your gear if you want a challenge.

Yes, god forbid the game have any challenge.

I'm not a programmer so I won't speculate on how hard this would be to program. I assume that it isn't trivial or they would have done it already.

Yes, god forbid the game have any challenge.

I'm not a programmer so I won't speculate on how hard this would be to program. I assume that it isn't trivial or they would have done it already.

There`s a difference between wanting a challenge and nitpicking. For instance, you could gimp your gear and/or skip planet quests in order to keep level low.. and heroics for that matter. Only class 5 missions per planet will have you severely underleveled quite nicely.

For me Its always been a little too easy to level in this game. For me Keeping pace with what I am doing is more important, and for some of us, as soon as you have your first 50(55 now) getting to that "goal" don't really seem like such a big deal.

With reg xp, rested bonus,xp buffs and double xp weekends it starts to feel like leveling is pointless and everyone should just start at 55. Whats the point of leveling at all when there is less and less Challenge to it? It can be very frustrating to out-level what you are doing so fast, and it has to be annoying as heck for new people, out leveling the content, then much slower leveling come Monday.

Xp isn't the only reward in the game, it would be great if there was an option to not do double xp, or even to turn off your leveling all together, (Behsten/Slahtz anyone?).

FYI:

"My 55's are boring"

"If you don't understand why some people don't want to level so fast, then re-read this post"

Go F2P/Preferred... Leveling might be more on-par with your wishes then (not during double xp weekends tho, but they still won't be as bad for you as they are now.)

I'm obviously not privy to all of the inner details, but it seems to little-'ol-me that this should be a fairly trivial request. Put a check box in preferences for "Enable 2XP" that is set by default.

I love 2XP, but even I am a bit bewildered why this has gone ignored for so long, over and over and over and over again.

I'm obviously not privy to all of the inner details, but it seems to little-'ol-me that this should be a fairly trivial request. Put a check box in preferences for "Enable 2XP" that is set by default.

I love 2XP, but even I am a bit bewildered why this has gone ignored for so long, over and over and over and over again.

If something that is a seemingly simple request goes unanswered for a very long time it most likely means that it's not as simple as people think.

Go F2P/Preferred...

When I stated I was unsubbing because of double xp, you and several others proceeded to ream me a new one. Hypocritical much?

Ay least I don't have my complaints in my signature.

Edited by Brucesim

Whats the point of leveling at all when there is less and less Challenge to it?

Not sure where you have been for the past decade but the leveling process in MMOs in general hasn't exactly been "challenging" since the first (late 90's EQ, AC, UO, Lineage) and second (early 2000's FFXI, DAoC, Lineage 2, etc) generations of MMOs.

There is no MMO in the U.S. market right now (that I know of) which has a leveling pace that even remotely approaches the degree of grind associated with those above games. If you thought leveling in TOR is too easy and not challenging enough, you must have not played DDO or CoH/CoV during its final 2-3 years prior to its shut down.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

When I stated I was unsubbing because of double xp, you and several others proceeded to ream me a new one. Hypocritical much?

Ay least I don't have my complaints in my signature.

I wasn't involved in that, but it might have something to do with the fact that that is a freaking stupid reason to unsub.

FYI:

"My 55's are boring"

1) Have you tried leveling a character without their pet? ...or grouping?

2) Also, try leveling a character without the subscription benefits.

god forbid to play a 55 on double XP weekend, no you MUST level an alt even you hate fast leveling. Makes sense.

A bit of creative thinking and mission skipping would go a long way and it would be immediate, but some folks simply refuse to do it, for whatever reason and ask the game to do it for them, which results in tears, frustration and discomfort.

I agree entirely with the thread-starter, however don´t see it as such a Problem: Subjectively, at least, I got a very well working "opting out" - strategy: whenever there are double xp-events I just Play with my lv. 55 characters. So I avoid double xp altogether and can still enjoy the game.

The fun of the leveling content is the story. All 8 class stories are worth playing through. However, the planetary quests are decidedly not worth playing through four times each so you can see all 8 class stories IMHO.

Then, if you want to experience some of the better class stories, like Agent, multiple times, the planetary stories become even worse of a barrier and frustration IMHO.

Double Experience lets those of us who've already experienced all of the same old planetary stories so many times over, experience the class stories without having to wade through planetary stories for the Nth time.

Double Experience also lets those of us who want to get a new class to endgame, get there without grinding the same old things all over again... things that were wonderful the first time around, but pretty horrifyingly boring the Nth time around.

If you don't like Double Experience, try something different. Roll a character class whose story you haven't seen yet, on a faction whose planets you have seen. Then just do the class stories and supplement with very little flash points or GSF or PvP or whatever else just to keep on par with your class story level. You might find the process enjoyable.

There. I fixed it for you. You're welcome BTW.

Edited by Darth_Wicked