Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot change Screen Resolution

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LovelyGentlemann
12.13.2011 , 02:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldurath View Post
This was not an issue for me in any of the last 2 beta tests.....also, it doesnt matter which screen whther in game, server selection, etc, I have the same response....black screen for 15 seconds, then switches back to 1024x780

Yeah, i did the testing weekends too and i had no problems with the resolution.
Blazinhazen Seer Sage
Hedarr Soongh
Baruk
Im a slice of chocolate. If i dance naked with you on the fleet, its because i love you.

Goose
12.13.2011 , 03:45 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by HolySchmoley View Post
You can also try changing the file:

client_defaults

located in the swtor/retailclient folder, looks like this

[Renderer]
Width=1152
Height=864
WindowX=-1
WindowY=-1
FullScreen=true
doShadows=true
[Repository]
BaseResourceFileName=..\..\Assets\swtor_
Yeah, but what do you change?

LovelyGentlemann
12.13.2011 , 05:09 PM | #13
Bumpity bump. Still having the issue. It helps alot if you turn off vertical sync. But im still having the screen resolution issue.
Blazinhazen Seer Sage
Hedarr Soongh
Baruk
Im a slice of chocolate. If i dance naked with you on the fleet, its because i love you.

grahamsm
12.13.2011 , 05:24 PM | #14
seems to be the screen refresh rate was set to high when starting the game i puped it in to windows mode changed it and am able to use the game at full screen to put the game in to windows mode hit enter and alt at same time

LovelyGentlemann
12.13.2011 , 05:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by grahamsm View Post
seems to be the screen refresh rate was set to high when starting the game i puped it in to windows mode changed it and am able to use the game at full screen to put the game in to windows mode hit enter and alt at same time
Alright, ill try it again.
Blazinhazen Seer Sage
Hedarr Soongh
Baruk

LovelyGentlemann
12.13.2011 , 05:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by grahamsm View Post
The only refresh rate i have is 60.
Blazinhazen Seer Sage
Hedarr Soongh
Baruk

Liamo
12.13.2011 , 05:50 PM | #17
Well, not sure if it's related but I have an AMD card. Turns out, new drivers were released, today. I updated the drivers and have no issues now.

LovelyGentlemann
12.13.2011 , 06:00 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Liamo View Post
Well, not sure if it's related but I have an AMD card. Turns out, new drivers were released, today. I updated the drivers and have no issues now.
I have an AMD card too, ill check for drivers.
Blazinhazen Seer Sage
Hedarr Soongh
Baruk

LovelyGentlemann
12.13.2011 , 06:04 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Liamo View Post

My drivers were up to date.
Blazinhazen Seer Sage
Hedarr Soongh
Baruk

Liamo
12.13.2011 , 06:09 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LovelyGentlemann View Post

My drivers were up to date.
If you did it via Windows, it shows they are. I had to go into the Catalyst Control Center and do it. Under the "update software" tab.
If you already did that, then damn! That sucks!