Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.7 HM CZ-198 Corporate Labs CZ-2X Infiltrator Droids

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
2.7 HM CZ-198 Corporate Labs CZ-2X Infiltrator Droids

j_guynn
04.11.2014 , 11:13 AM | #1
Last night I ran HM Corp Labs for the first time since 2.7 launched with a group that should have beat CZ-8X Eradicator Droid with no trouble (well geared BH healer, well geared mara, decently geared Sin tank, decently geared Op dps. Note the healer and tank have run this several times and never had a problem until after 2.7). Instead we wiped time after time when the Infiltrator droid adds spawned and instantly aggro'ed.

Was the intent to make that boss fight nearly impossible now? It seems like without 2 well geared ranged dps to take out adds and a well geared tank there is no way to keep the healer from getting slaughtered by the adds.

Am I the only one seeing this? I'm open to suggestions but I don't see how a straight forward boss fight turned into a wipe fest.

rantboi
04.11.2014 , 11:29 AM | #2
I actually like it now. Less boring to heal.

Loc_n_lol
04.11.2014 , 11:31 AM | #3
Just had my first run on czerka labs HM (filling in as dps, on the droid boss... I didn't ask)
The damage seems just a bit over the top for the new range, and the fact that the adds can spawn anywhere. We downed it on first try but all were way overgeared except the healer, who came *very* close to death.

I think the initial burst damage is a bit high for the intended gear level. Maybe have the damage start lower and ramp up through debuffs / self buffs / a dot ?

Larsenex
04.11.2014 , 12:13 PM | #4
So I am confused. The purpose of hard modes is to gear up to do tougher Ops. If you are in '69' gear is that enough to do this hard mode?

What gear would be optimum? Dread forged? but then its a waste to do it correct?
Corbindallas Agent of the Empire
VERMIN (spreading filth and disease in the Galaxy for ages!)

"Go for the Eyes Boo!"

TrillOG-
04.11.2014 , 01:50 PM | #5
Obv 55 HM's should be tuned for tionese...
Twitch
Gate Crasher
Dread Master
World First

MitchPB
04.11.2014 , 02:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TrillOG- View Post
But i wanna run it in my recruit gear
<BOG> | <Concept>
Elite Warlord | from Beyond | Dragonslayer | the Eternal Warrior | Gate Crasher | Dread Master

XAtrophi
04.11.2014 , 02:15 PM | #7
Those adds always hit that hard, they used to be bugged and not attack til you were standing right on top of them.
All they did was fix i to its original form, How it was at launch. Have dps each take 1 and burn it quick if the tank tunts all of them he better be ready to use defenses.

Personally its not harder at all to tank or heal, it sounds like a learn to play issue, just because you overgear something doesn't mean you should skip mechanics.
~The Killsu Legacy~
"You can turn off the sun, but I'm still gonna shine."
Balien Komui

Larsenex
04.11.2014 , 04:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TrillOG- View Post

So I would like to see the TOP dps'ers of Star wars put on (full) lvl 66 (rating 156) gear (the stuff you get from Oricon first pass) and post a video of them clearing Meltdown or Labs in that gear only, ...no 69, no 72 and NO 78 gear..only 66.

If I can see that I will worship you all as the gamer gods that you truly are.....
Corbindallas Agent of the Empire
VERMIN (spreading filth and disease in the Galaxy for ages!)

"Go for the Eyes Boo!"

j_guynn
04.11.2014 , 04:24 PM | #9
At what point did I say I was skipping anything? I've successfully healed this HM fight with the same tank in PuGs, 2.7 comes out and it's a wipe fest. I've successfully healed 8 & 16 man SM TFB and SM DF (one time with only 13 people on the last boss). I'm fairly sure I know how to heal. Should I expect a HM FP to be more difficult than a 16 man SM operation?

Khevar
04.11.2014 , 04:40 PM | #10
Are you certain there isn't a change in mechanics?

Or, perhaps, the buff to this fight resulted in having to deal with mechanics that you were able to ignore previously?