Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

First Grand Acquisitions Pack Available For A Limited Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
First Grand Acquisitions Pack Available For A Limited Time
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Reno_Tarshil
04.11.2014 , 09:00 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcus__ View Post
SO if this is new and limited time only how the hell can it be 10% off if it's never been for sale AT ALL at this "normal" price. I call ******** illegal sales tactics
Can you prove it's illegal?
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Yoyobear
04.11.2014 , 01:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
It was in the original Contraband packs.
So since it from an old pack, then there is a chance I can get the cathar sword?

jedimessiah
04.11.2014 , 02:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Can you prove it's illegal?
Actually it is. In certain states anyway. New York state comes to mind.

I use to work for a company that sold suits at 70 % off! Original price 800 dollars! What a deal!!

Well we never once sold a suit for 800 dollars and got sued over it. It's like those businesses that have a "Going out of business sale" sign above their door. Two years later the business and the sign are still there.

Doesn't bother me that they do that though just thought I'd comment.

RWScissors
04.11.2014 , 03:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Anyone know if one-piece armor sets like the Rascal's Toothpick of the Efficiency Scanners count as a potential armor "set" or if they are only put in as the Bonus Item slot?
I got one of those, I think it counts as the super rare. I opened 4 packs and got 4 sets of armor, the eficiency scanner, one of those skiff speeders and some other junk (rep items and boosts).
'Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.'
Mark Twain

Phuzakie
04.11.2014 , 09:27 PM | #25
Got the bee ess dancer's set... I promptly unsubscribed... Tired of the waste of creds... That is RP CLOTHES... NOT ARMOR.
Retired Mayor of Hope Springs, Corellia, Scylla
Co-Founder of <New Hope Alliance>

LadyDrusilla
04.11.2014 , 10:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Phuzakie View Post
Got the bee ess dancer's set... I promptly unsubscribed... Tired of the waste of creds... That is RP CLOTHES... NOT ARMOR.
Congratulations, that is possibly the stupidest reason to quit the game I have yet seen and there have been some rippers before. Adaptive armour sets are armour sets. Before adaptive armour was introduced they were still armour sets.

I really like these packs and hope they become a regular thing. I'm only a few thousand rep points away from completing the Contraband faction so getting a few more of those purple rep items in the future would be great but I can't buy anymore at the moment. I got a wide variety of armour sets including Handmaidens which I'm really pleased about. I would have preferred the Bounty reputation to be in it's own pack for obvious reasons but that's just me.
This blonde loves her Hutts, the bigger, the better.

thegreatone
04.12.2014 , 05:19 AM | #27
Purchased two packs. Rotworm home set, and genteel dress set. Bah. Worse luck ever. 3 rep tokens an unremarkable dual light sabre, and a blue crystal. I know they're gamble packs, but sheesh...Nvm.

Jedi_riches
04.12.2014 , 06:20 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimessiah View Post
Actually it is. In certain states anyway. New York state comes to mind.

I use to work for a company that sold suits at 70 % off! Original price 800 dollars! What a deal!!

Well we never once sold a suit for 800 dollars and got sued over it. It's like those businesses that have a "Going out of business sale" sign above their door. Two years later the business and the sign are still there.

Doesn't bother me that they do that though just thought I'd comment.
I know in the UK it is illegal to advertise a sale unless it has been on sale at full price for a certain time within a timescale of 1-2 months (not sure on the time span)

TheSeventhJedi
04.12.2014 , 12:12 PM | #29
Has anyone gotten anything good?

RWScissors
04.12.2014 , 01:51 PM | #30
I got Bastila Shan, Classic Conservitor, Trail Blazer (I think) and one of the Huttball Sets (Republic I think).
'Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.'
Mark Twain