Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revan's fate after the Foundry encounter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Revan's fate after the Foundry encounter

Ashliet
01.01.2012 , 03:12 PM | #21
"And in the end as the darkness takes me, I am nothing." Now i know how you felt my friend."

Man it was sad killing this character I loved and hearing him utter the crushing words Malak uttered. So dissapointing too, Hk-47 was a harder battle.
CE - Not worth it.

"I would stand by your side gladly, as your lover and apprentice. I would be utterly yours, master. - Bastila to Revan

Deviss
01.01.2012 , 03:33 PM | #22
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/120575733-4.jpg

I have proof that he is alive!
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

Blackfid
01.02.2012 , 05:42 AM | #23
I'd be very very sad if he was really killed at the foundry, seems like a very bland ending to a character like Revan, he is the main reason I am playing the game.

K_russo
01.06.2012 , 12:39 AM | #24
the story writers at bioware have never given me a reason to doubt them...revan is by far one of the most beloved characters in SW history...i cant imagine them spending so much time investing in revan who is by far the greatest hero of the old republic era ...and come up with a plot to let him survive 300 years and make it to the game and one of the most pivotal moments in SW history..only to snuff him out in some hidden fortress basement in a fight with a ragtag group of fighters...it would be sloppy writing..like if harry potter killed Voldemort and then died a week later after choking on a piece of candy....that said we gotta think MMO...that means long term..they dont wanna waste their most valuable character in the first month of the game...revan will rise again from the shadows...and when he does go out...it will be in a blaze of glory..because WE THE FANS will accept nothing less...bioware knows that..and if they have shown us anything its that they genuinely care about the fans..thats why they did so much changing and improving during beta and even now they work hard to please us...keep your eyes peeled..revan lives!!!!!!

P.S. lets not forget that this is ultimately revans story...the emperor, the republic, sith, it has all revolved around revan from the beginning...and you can be dang sure he will see it through to the very end...

Blastback
01.06.2012 , 10:56 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviss View Post
I managed to talk to one of SW:TOR writers (or to be more specific: exchange mails with him) and it seems that they indeed deliberately changed the Foundry's ending. They want to have a possibility of adding Revan later on if they feel he fits somewhere along the story. There is still hope!
Please do this.... I'm okay with the idea of killing the character, but make him a bigger deal. The final boss in an expansion, a recuring quest giver for the Republic and long term nemisis for the Sith.

Though to be honest, they should have left him in his own time.
"You can't look dignified when your having fun"
"Yub Yub Commander."

Blastback
01.06.2012 , 10:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by K_russo View Post
the story writers at bioware have never given me a reason to doubt them...
Dragon Age 2
"Yub Yub Commander."

Vromrig
01.06.2012 , 11:01 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Blastback View Post
Dragon Age 2
There was nothing wrong with DA2's story. It was DA 2's gameplay.

Blastback
01.06.2012 , 11:05 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Vromrig View Post
There was nothing wrong with DA2's story. It was DA 2's gameplay.
I had problems with both. Though a lot of what I dissliked about the writing might have been better if they had been given more time.
"Yub Yub Commander."

Vromrig
01.06.2012 , 11:07 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Blastback View Post
I had problems with both. Though a lot of what I dissliked about the writing might have been better if they had been given more time.
The only thing I could imagine is that you didn't like the setting, but the story itself was very high quality.

battleteen
01.06.2012 , 08:52 PM | #30
this fan short story is really good and can not wait for more