Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's a good class for an alt to do synthweaving?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
What's a good class for an alt to do synthweaving?

Halloween_Jack
12.23.2011 , 05:30 AM | #1
Hi folks,

Judging by certain companions having bonuses for certain skills, I imagine some classes would be better to use for synthweaver.

This would be to craft armour for my Sentenel main and hopefully other alts to follow.

Cheers

Halloween_Jack
12.23.2011 , 05:34 AM | #2
Forgot to say, I want this alt to get started at L10 ish and then might stay there while I'm enjoying my main, so I guess the first companion only counts.

Cheers

TaishoD
12.23.2011 , 05:41 AM | #3
The only one off the top of my head that would qualify would be the Consular class. They get Qyzen as their first companion, and he has +10 (or +15, forgot) Archaeology efficiency. That should make it easier for you to harvest the basic mats for your Synthweaving.

I'd have to say though, I'm not sure how reliably you can gear up your Sentinel with an alt that has only one companion. Unless you fancy a lot of character switching, that'd take too long, especially if you're going to go for reverse engineered versions of armor items. And, IMO, if you're not going after reverse engineered blues or purples, it might be easier / better for you to just farm commendations in warzones and get PvP armor.

Halloween_Jack
12.23.2011 , 05:48 AM | #4
Thanks,

I see your point. I'll have another think about it.

Cheers