Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Tactical Flashpoints? Why?

JackFrosting
04.08.2014 , 09:11 PM | #1
I have been a fan of the story line in this game, enjoyed playing through the class stories and the planetary stories, when I noticed this Invasion arc I was excited, it would be amazing to invade Tython and Korriban. What did we get though? A tactical FP with a whopping total of 2 conversations, one of them being a completely black or white DS/LS option, this FP was full of champions with obscene health and awful damage, this wouldn't be nearly as bad if it wasn't for how reliant this FP is on combat. When a boss has upwards of 600k HP and stealth to break out of combat for no reason what so ever than prolonging the FP it just disappoints me, this FP could have been so much better if it was held to the same standards as regular FPs, requiring a organized group of max levels (50/55HM), why is it that level 15s can join in on what seems to be completely END GAME content. It makes absolutely no sense that a Level 15 would be sent out with 55s from a story perspective.

nightsproull
04.08.2014 , 09:36 PM | #2
I'll like it better when they install the hard mode versions.

They're not very forgiving for groups with no healer, and if you've got a tank and 3 dps, the tank would be wise not to be too active with their taunt button, otherwise some of those packs will probably kill them if they're not over-geared.

A couple of the packs got me down to around 20% health after using defensive cooldowns, and I've got fully augged 72s and 78s. (168 & 180?)

Woebearer
04.08.2014 , 10:35 PM | #3
Ive been there with my Jugger-tank and 3 guildmates (Heal & 2 DD) and this "FP" was a complete waste of time.

The Setting was nice is all that i can say that is good about it.
Trashpacks die in 2 seconds to Area-spells, its a lvl 55-FP dropping hardly any loot and when it does drop its for lvl53 oh yeah and 3 conversations make a story? rly? my 4 year old niece can make up better ones.
These Flashpoints wont see me again, except with chars i want the HK-customization to use. But i think i have to be drunk to have this bs of an idea to do.

ainhem
04.09.2014 , 04:33 AM | #4
Yep, tactical FPs are an epic fail . They are a dumbing down of the game and a waste of time.

JouerTue
04.09.2014 , 05:07 AM | #5
personally i'd stick with group and content mechanics..but dps would have experienced the same issues of queuing for ages..more specifically, dps with no guilds and no friends.

and also..those players who grow without knowledge of the game by repeating kuat won't have any endgame content without rants and multiple kicks, even if they can put 34 mod in their gear

nightsproull
04.09.2014 , 05:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
personally i'd stick with group and content mechanics..but dps would have experienced the same issues of queuing for ages..more specifically, dps with no guilds and no friends.

and also..those players who grow without knowledge of the game by repeating kuat won't have any endgame content without rants and multiple kicks, even if they can put 34 mod in their gear
Fair enough. Some of the mechanics of these new flashpoints encourage players to be a bit more aware of what they're doing, and hopefully gives them an idea of what their threat is.

ItachiZaku
04.09.2014 , 07:45 AM | #7
They put them in so that everyone could enjoy them quickly. I understand, and I sort of like it. They'll probably add HMs, which will required the normal trinity. I just sorta wish they were added to start, but this gets more people into them, so I'm ok with it.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

sanctified
04.09.2014 , 07:44 PM | #8
I find them enjoyable. I realize the lack of challenge and loot will be off-putting for anyone with a brain, BUT--sometimes it's fun to just turn your brain off and look at your toon being awesome. Scourging Tython is too much fun.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

ScarletBlaze
04.09.2014 , 07:55 PM | #9
This also make it possible with the Weekly Tactical for people who haven't got 69 gear to get the basic and some elites as well.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

JamieKirby
04.10.2014 , 08:11 AM | #10
Well, considering the fact that in all group content with conversations, even ones that last 2 seconds, everyone says 'SPACE BAR NAW!!!!' their words, not mine.

I mean, why would they do a flashpoint over and over and over and over again? i mean the Kuat Drive Yards is cool to do, the conversation is......just that....a single conversation, so repeating that is no big deal, but flashpoints like Black Talon and Esseles, why repeat that thing while leveling up?? once is enough for me, once with a group that pressures me, bordering on bullying me to skip the fun stuff....conversations.

In my opinion, all group content should have a solo mode, obviously with diminished rewards and can only be done....once for story reasons.