Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] Crafting Broken in 2.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] Crafting Broken in 2.7

Leafy_Bug
04.08.2014 , 02:23 PM | #1
Dear BW,

As someone who has been crafting since the servers have come back online, I can tell you the following :

10. Adept 34 : No crit
10 Initiative 34 : No Crit , 1 Crit
10 Might 34 : No crit
10 Bastion 34 : No crit

I am using maxed companions with legacy perks and this is kind of a joke, excuse my engineering parlance.

OmenQ
04.08.2014 , 03:40 PM | #2
Small sample size is small.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>

Genghistwelve
04.08.2014 , 11:09 PM | #3
Yeah, I really hate to be "that one." I just logged on earlier this evening, purchased an offhand. Re'ed the hilt and got the Advanced Might Hilt 34 schematic on that first try. I then began crafting advanced might hilt 34's using Scourge. First, no crit. Second, critted. Third, no crit. And here we are.

I thank your poor RNG fate for my good fortune.

But, in reality, the truth is that "small sample size is small."
"Your signature was recently removed for violating the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community Rules of Conduct. Please note that this is just a friendly reminder of the Rules of Conduct - no infraction points have been added to your account!

Comments, including signatures, that are sexual or vulgar in nature are considered inappropriate for the forums
."

nightsproull
04.09.2014 , 04:05 AM | #4
I'd say the system is broken more because armoring, mods, and enhancements use the same materials as hilts, which are a far better way for a buyer to spend their cash.

I was seeing some 2-3 million credit mods last night, and I couldn't help but laugh. But hey, if you're finding nutjobs who think that one enhancement is going to add 3 million credits worth of usefulness to their character, more power to them I suppose.

Never_Hesitate
04.09.2014 , 06:52 AM | #5
I built 5 Reflex Barrel 34 yesterday and had 2 crits

Sometime you get lucky and sometimes the rng gods don't like your sacrifice
waiting for ...

psandak
04.09.2014 , 09:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Sometime you get lucky and sometimes the rng gods don't like your sacrifice
This.

Last weekend I crafted ten augments on my JK synthweaver (that's two +5 crit companions: Kira and ship droid). I got ten augments (that's zero crits). Was I upset? A little. Did I come to the forums to gripe? No. Because when you craft as much as I do, you see plenty of lows and highs (last night I crafted five augments and got nine ).
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Ulunnes (Commando)
Zaggema (Sin) Daellia (Merc) Carrud (Marauder) Quith'edi'ata (Operative)

high end schematics * best crew skills * crew skill money making * Probability 101
"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give it to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something else" Steve Jobs

TheRandomno
04.09.2014 , 10:06 AM | #7
Think I got no critical crafts from 21 belts in Armormech.

Weird.
Unobtainable achievements list - over 1000 points new players can't get

Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I.
Learn more

bobo_fett
04.09.2014 , 11:31 AM | #8
I just want to make sure, you got your Companion affection maxed out right? Sometimes a story conversation will put them below 10,000 max. Also if you unlock HK or Treek (they have +1 to craft), and get the "Legacy of Crafting" unlock, that adds an extra 4% chance to crit.

watermelonfan
04.10.2014 , 07:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by nightsproull View Post
I'd say the system is broken more because armoring, mods, and enhancements use the same materials as hilts, which are a far better way for a buyer to spend their cash.

I was seeing some 2-3 million credit mods last night, and I couldn't help but laugh. But hey, if you're finding nutjobs who think that one enhancement is going to add 3 million credits worth of usefulness to their character, more power to them I suppose.
3 million credits is a bit much for me. On my server many of them cost 5 million credits. but I would be willing to pay 2 million for them. I make about 1 million credits a day. Its not a huge deal. I'm currently saving up so I can buy rating 180 gear for all my armor shells and the earpiece, implants, and relics.

Gyronamics
04.10.2014 , 07:20 PM | #10
A whole 40 crafts

You put more value on those items than some green bits so you care about the bad dice rolls more. Broken it is not.
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE