Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 2.7: Invasion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 2.7: Invasion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

yeldarbnotned
04.09.2014 , 02:26 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
Is any of the new content soloable?
Can you solo Labs and Meltdown? Well, these are harder. I suppose the best of the best in great gear might can do it. But, the mobs hit hard and if I recall you can't use kolto stations playing solo. It would be tedious.

ImmortalLowlife
04.10.2014 , 01:09 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
The ultimate climax is the conversation with the final boss on Tython. That was epic stuff he was saying. Who would have thought that?! Nobody could foresee the things he told us. Who wrote this conversation? Brilliant.

[Somewhere within the second paragraph I hid some sarcasm. If you played the FP, you can spot it easily.]
I ran it yesterday for the first time...and what he said was SHOCKING! I haven't seen a plot twist that epic since Vader said "I am your father'!

"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

ZETA_SCORPII
04.10.2014 , 07:51 PM | #43
I've only ran through both FP's on 3 chars so far and each time I love them even more! I tried to solo Korriban but could only get the 2nd boss to around 50% cause Mako just stands around and gets killed but I'm gonna try a new strategy. If the devs intended to get us excited for the rest of the story then I gotta say mission accomplished.

VigDiath
04.10.2014 , 08:40 PM | #44
Do I sense new planets in the future? I get that sense now after completing the story and both FPs. I am very excited if this is the case!
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

JamieKirby
04.11.2014 , 02:05 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by yeldarbnotned View Post
Can you solo Labs and Meltdown? Well, these are harder. I suppose the best of the best in great gear might can do it. But, the mobs hit hard and if I recall you can't use kolto stations playing solo. It would be tedious.
Well, this is a new story arc, shouldn't some of it be solo'able? i am not against group content, but when a new story arc is full group content, is when its a very bad thing, because while from what i have seen, the story is virtually non-existant, if it was story heavy, most, have already seen it, which means, i won't be able to see it, since they all will be telling me to skip all the story so they can rush through the content.

I mean if all the future content will be group only will not be a good route to take.

For me, endgame raiding is acceptable to me, because i have the dailies that i can do on my own, its more fun to do things on my own, but this new tier of storylines is group only........big mistake on bioware's end.

Vandicus
04.11.2014 , 08:37 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Well, this is a new story arc, shouldn't some of it be solo'able? i am not against group content, but when a new story arc is full group content, is when its a very bad thing, because while from what i have seen, the story is virtually non-existant, if it was story heavy, most, have already seen it, which means, i won't be able to see it, since they all will be telling me to skip all the story so they can rush through the content.

I mean if all the future content will be group only will not be a good route to take.

For me, endgame raiding is acceptable to me, because i have the dailies that i can do on my own, its more fun to do things on my own, but this new tier of storylines is group only........big mistake on bioware's end.
Most of the story is outside of the flashpoint, connected to the breadcrumb quest.

The Dread Masters arc was also mostly group content.
The next large solo content arc will probably be 3.0.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

CaliJoe
04.13.2014 , 04:58 AM | #47
I really like the visuals of both locations. The storyline is a bit ...huh? probably because I only ran through it once. It looks interesting though. I doubt the storyline will play out with connected decisions...but idk. BW games have always had consequences. Just seems thus far any decisions made don't have any lasting consequences. Kaiden or Ash in ME1, etc.,etc.
Wild speculation on forums? When does that happen? The Harbinger - Fumanshu Legacy
Repub: Jafaean(Arms), Zelgen(Artifice), Espellah(Cyber), Jabender(Synthweave)
Imp: Vindrock(Armor), Antshell(BioChem), Li'Larish, Kenevil

puntmobile
04.15.2014 , 07:54 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
Is any of the new content soloable?
It seems not. A very disappointing content update for players that enjoy playing solo.

Infernixx
04.16.2014 , 12:02 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by puntmobile View Post
It seems not. A very disappointing content update for players that enjoy playing solo.
Maybe you should try finding a solo game to play instead of an MMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

TUXs
04.16.2014 , 03:29 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Maybe you should try finding a solo game to play instead of an MMO.
I wish you would rather than suggesting people leave this game.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)