Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Galaxy

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raansu
04.07.2014 , 11:28 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
You know, they never found his body.
You don't have to throw him off the ledge anymore. You can actually kill him now. So there goes that theory.

Either way, for someone as promoted as he was...Being a FP boss is pretty lame. He definitely should of been a raid boss with a bigger impact on the story/game.

Darth_Wicked
04.07.2014 , 11:34 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'm still a bit miffed at Malgus being a lame FP boss. For being promoted so much before the game launch I thought he would have a huge role...Half the time I forget he even exists anymore.
He had a large role and his purpose was fulfilled the moment he was killed(?) aboard the Emperor's Space Station.

Plus, Darth Marr, as a character, is EXACTLY what the Empire needs, not someone like Malgus, who kinda reminded of the Joker in The Dark Knight.

Again, awesome character? Sure. What the Empire needed, as far as leadership is concerned? Hell no. Also...
Quote:
Asset R-31 was killed while attempting to negotiate the purchase of potentially-incriminating holorecords from Chancellor Saresh’s time on the planet Taris. The seller was also killed. As with past efforts along these lines, GenoHaradan assassins are the most likely culprits. (...)
Words cannot describe the utmost disdain I feel for Saresh. I see so much stuff I knew from the very beginning coming to fruition that it's utterly creeping.

So lame they chose to remove that codex entry on Taris, Republic side, which pretty much implies - IMHO - that she willingly sacrificed the reconstruction on the Planet and everyone on it, for the sake of her ascension in the Republic's political echelon.

The fact that...
Spoiler

Again, disdain.
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsday
I WILL EXPERIENCE OR IGNORE THEM AS I WISH.
I WILL SPEND ETERNITY BECOMING EVERYTHING: A FARMER, AN ARTIST -- A SIMPLE MAN.

Icebergy
04.07.2014 , 11:51 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by LtBombshell View Post
Interesting. For the first time in a while, we are given the impression that the Empire has the upper hand, and not the Republic.
The Republic won Chapter 3 with the Imperial Heroes too busy fighting for personal power, Makeb was all about how the Republic tried to press the advantage but wasn't quite able to due to other events and choices they made, and now we are going to see the resurgence of the Empire back up to potentially taking the advantage back once again.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 5/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Darth_Wicked
04.07.2014 , 12:14 PM | #34
and then there's the possibility of WX being alive still.

Oh, and I like how they're giving us an in-game heads up on the state of things regarding both heads of state.

Marr is ruthless, efficient and completely without ambition for the Emperor's throne. An excellent war-time leader, so I foresee something bad happening to him. Sad, really.
No there isn't.

Infernixx
04.07.2014 , 12:16 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
No there isn't.
Is it canon that X dies? I'm sincerely asking, since the story allows you to choose that part.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Darth_Wicked
04.07.2014 , 12:21 PM | #36
Is it canon that X dies? I'm sincerely asking, since the story allows you to choose that part.
Bioware has stated in the past that every character, like Watcher X whose ultimate fate is player determined, would most likely NOT be making any appearance in the future.

In the end, regardless of what one decides, it doesn't really matter.

Kinudig
04.07.2014 , 12:29 PM | #37
Stellar Blog!
A State of the Galaxy address from the nefarious Mr. The Shroud is a great way to bring the community back to the storyline in prep for tomorrow's Update. It also gives returning players an organized way to recap and jump back in.

Reminds me that I have not even done the macrobinoculars quest line yet Wish I had more time...

Anticipation is high -
MONK<>WOOK
wookieeroar.com
Shadowlands

tanerb
04.07.2014 , 12:32 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by LtBombshell View Post
Interesting. For the first time in a while, we are given the impression that the Empire has the upper hand, and not the Republic.
All the PVP beating Empire gave to Republic should count for something.

LtGeneralGezlin
04.07.2014 , 12:33 PM | #39
I wanna echo what everyone else has said, that this blog is fantastic! I love little lore posts like this. We need more of these! Espically Companion stuff! Or maybe a second edition of the TOR Encyclopedia?
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

WishWinterfell
04.07.2014 , 12:35 PM | #40
I've beaten the game with at least 3 characters and I still feel like I didn't pick up half the stuff on this thread. Also, I'm still confused as to how each of the individual story-lines connect.

For example, are the Republic stories all connected? If so, do these stories conflict with the Imperial story-lines? Or is it that all 8 story-lines happen together and there's 4 heroes on both sides?

An example of this issue would be
Spoiler
So I really don't know how to look at the story, or how it was intended to be viewed.