Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Galaxy

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Unibek
04.07.2014 , 10:40 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Shroud forgot to mention that the Jedi are still missing their traditional robes.
This is true. It is clear that this can only lead to one conclusion. This is not the real Shroud! He is a fake! An imposter! The real Shroud would have added it to that transmission! So maybe The Shroud really is dead?

Excise
04.07.2014 , 10:42 AM | #22
Very good post. I often complain that the overall storyline of what's going on in the Galaxy is barren and vague, but this is a superb counterexample.

I'd be thrilled to see this kind of exposition in-game as well.

MisterBlackJack
04.07.2014 , 10:44 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
I like the 'in-character' approach of posts like this.

The post itself points to an unknown party that's careful enough to foil the Shroud and remain hidden. A force, in his own words, that isn't one of the usual suspects.

With the return of Mr. Freed to story writing duties, I have to wonder if the SC is truly gone...
That is truely possibly there are also evidence to point to the revanites as potential culprits of these unknown parites
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

phill-fry
04.07.2014 , 10:44 AM | #24
Should Have added this to the fleet as a news report like they do with events, still was a good read
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege. "

MisterBlackJack
04.07.2014 , 10:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by unK_ View Post
I'm confused. Wasn't Shroud killed?
No as it's pointed out at the end of the macrobinocular questline that he is most in fact alive

Spoiler

MisterBlackJack
04.07.2014 , 10:48 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LtBombshell View Post
Interesting. For the first time in a while, we are given the impression that the Empire has the upper hand, and not the Republic.
I won't say that the Empire has the upper hand its just that the Republic's lead in the war has diminished

MisterBlackJack
04.07.2014 , 10:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Excise View Post
Very good post. I often complain that the overall storyline of what's going on in the Galaxy is barren and vague, but this is a superb counterexample.

I'd be thrilled to see this kind of exposition in-game as well.
all of this is actually in game. It's just written flat out here while in game it expands over 3 planets, 3 Operations, 3 (soon 5) flash points, GSF and a new warzone.

Costello
04.07.2014 , 10:59 AM | #28
Very well done.

Far more of this is required. We keep having story with the last few chapters removed so we never know how it ends. I just hope we see more in game and more notice of our actions as the game progresses. Something similar to another MMO where NPCs make mention of previous achievements as you move throughtthe world.

Raansu
04.07.2014 , 11:09 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Luniara View Post
It pleases me to see an update on storylines such as this. It gives us an idea as to where we currently stand in the long scheme of things ICly (for those that RP) and what we may be gearing up for. Also, SUPER happy the Empire is gaining some form of figurehead. I feel offing Malgus really hurt the game. You always need the evil and good guy, ya know? Malgus was the poster boy. Now, lets see Marr be what he was!

Not very into PvP, but still excited!
I'm still a bit miffed at Malgus being a lame FP boss. For being promoted so much before the game launch I thought he would have a huge role...Half the time I forget he even exists anymore.

Infernixx
04.07.2014 , 11:26 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'm still a bit miffed at Malgus being a lame FP boss. For being promoted so much before the game launch I thought he would have a huge role...Half the time I forget he even exists anymore.
You know, they never found his body.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.