Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Galaxy

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZionHalcyon
04.07.2014 , 10:05 AM | #11
Too bad we haven't gotten this much story in the actual game itself since Makeb, at least from a quester's standpoint.

Icebergy
04.07.2014 , 10:07 AM | #12
I love when Bioware does stuff like this, great touch.

Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Too bad we haven't gotten this much story in the actual game itself since Makeb, at least from a quester's standpoint.
Ugh, all of this stuff is in game, are you being purposely contrary or are you really this dense?
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Infernixx
04.07.2014 , 10:12 AM | #13
I like the 'in-character' approach of posts like this.

The post itself points to an unknown party that's careful enough to foil the Shroud and remain hidden. A force, in his own words, that isn't one of the usual suspects.

With the return of Mr. Freed to story writing duties, I have to wonder if the SC is truly gone...
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Rakugo
04.07.2014 , 10:12 AM | #14
Nice to see where we stand, and someone needs to shut up this shroud guy, his ego is rubbing me off in the wrong ways lol... but seeing this figure pop up constantly now and then, i figure he will have a Op or FP coming up soon.

and ooooh yeah Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow. You're only a day away!
They pledged to follow me... when they thought i was alive.
They turned, when they thought i was gone.
So i will come back from the dead.. to lay claim to what i am owned!

unK_
04.07.2014 , 10:14 AM | #15
I'm confused. Wasn't Shroud killed?

ZionHalcyon
04.07.2014 , 10:15 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rakugo View Post
Nice to see where we stand, and someone needs to shut up this shroud guy, his ego is rubbing me off in the wrong ways lol... but seeing this figure pop up constantly now and then, i figure he will have a Op or FP coming up soon.

and ooooh yeah Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow. You're only a day away!
I want to see a return of Watcher X, and that tip off an information war between him and The Shroud, with your characters caught in the middle.

Alec_Fortescue
04.07.2014 , 10:17 AM | #17
Shroud forgot to mention that the Jedi are still missing their traditional robes.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Infernixx
04.07.2014 , 10:19 AM | #18
and then there's the possibility of WX being alive still.

Oh, and I like how they're giving us an in-game heads up on the state of things regarding both heads of state.

Marr is ruthless, efficient and completely without ambition for the Emperor's throne. An excellent war-time leader, so I foresee something bad happening to him. Sad, really.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

LtBombshell
04.07.2014 , 10:40 AM | #19
Interesting. For the first time in a while, we are given the impression that the Empire has the upper hand, and not the Republic.

Darkelefantos
04.07.2014 , 10:40 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by unK_ View Post
I'm confused. Wasn't Shroud killed?
Long story short: No.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"