Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] BH: Cyber Or Arms?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] BH: Cyber Or Arms?

Jedi_Knight_Jess
04.05.2014 , 01:50 AM | #1
I mean both are viable options....but which has more value? Would taking tech involve slicing? Or saving comms for my armor/weapons?

psandak
04.05.2014 , 08:33 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight_Jess View Post
I mean both are viable options....but which has more value? Would taking tech involve slicing? Or saving comms for my armor/weapons?
That depends on what priorities you have:
  • from a usefulness aspect both are good for BHs
  • from an optimization aspect AT is better than CT but not by much (+1 crit to AT +0 crit to CT, and +0 crit to any skill that feeds either; the most optimal crafting skill for a BH is in fact Biochem [BC] because of +2 crit to both it and Bioanalysis [BA])
  • If you plan to do PvP then CT is better because of grenades.
  • From a numbers standpoint CT outstrips all other crafting skills with regard to desirable items for sale
  • And lastly, if you have other characters, doubling up only makes sense with CT (and BC)
For details about this see my guide: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=726927
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Jedi_Knight_Jess
04.06.2014 , 03:25 AM | #3
That's a great outline

I'm gonna go with cybertech probably, the pros definitely seem more to favor, an I've never tried that craft skill before