Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which storyline do u guys like the best?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which storyline do u guys like the best?

CthulhuRyleh
12.23.2011 , 03:27 PM | #11
Clearly everyone likes different story lines, personally I really enjoyed the jedi knight story line but found the inquisitors story line boring.

Morlaak
12.23.2011 , 05:17 PM | #12
Not the storyline in itself (Which I find good, but not awesome like the IA), but the snarky responses of the Smuggler clearly are the best if you enjoy conversations in SWTOR.

vallonus
12.23.2011 , 07:01 PM | #13
I like my warrior (level 35), the master is a really interesting character, sometimes I whish that I playef light side cause many of those options seem very interesting, but striking down someone and then telling the survivor beside that it is my nature feels so damn awesome..

The bounty hunter (level 27) story is very intersting, I really like Mako, she is the companion I feel closest to out of everyone and it really feels that its a story about two persons rather than the hero and his henchmen.. However I do not like the voice actor, he has no british accent (which all other empire classes have) and he allways try to go out of his way to sound like a super ****** but I just think that it sound stupid so I try to pick the more neutral sounding options because of that.

I have only played about half an hour as the agent, but I just love his voice to death!! I plan to keep playing him with a friend in the near future.

Rafkin
12.23.2011 , 07:58 PM | #14
I liked the sith warrior. Not just the story line but the way all the npcs treat you. You basically outrank everyone you meet simply because you're a Sith warrior. Maybe they do that with inquisitors too?

Being level 10 and having a general fear you is kinda fun.

Stotamaskil
12.24.2011 , 01:01 AM | #15
SPOILER WARNING

Consular storyline so far has been a huge disappointment to me. I just completed act 1.

It is very simple and straightforward with very little mysteries or puzzles to be solved. Seriously, almost anyone with experience in writing could create this story in 5 minutes.

I hope it will improve in act 2.

smballer
12.24.2011 , 02:43 AM | #16
The Knight story seems to be better paced

I have both of Consular and Knight at their advanced classes now, and Jedi Knight's story gets right into the action

WhoDaresWins
12.24.2011 , 04:36 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by smballer View Post
The Knight story seems to be better paced

I have both of Consular and Knight at their advanced classes now, and Jedi Knight's story gets right into the action
That was kind of how they were intended.

Jedi Knight is for the much more 'Hollywood hero' who wants to leap into the action both in terms of gameplay and storyline where as the Consular is a slow burner for those more inclined to take their time and work through things. I like the Grand Theft Auto versus L.A. Noire comparison here.

As to the topic I am going to go for Agent. You're high up in a society where - regardless of your achievements - you will always be subservient to the lowest Sith. It feels a lot more 'human' in tone when you're speaking to all those fellow Imperial NPCs rather than constantly having them suck up to you with "OH YES, MY LORD. I TOTALLY AGREE. PLEASE DON'T HURT ME" or have everybody tell me how gosh darn amazing I am in the Jedi storyline. It feels a lot more down to earth and cynical as well.

Even though much of it is basicly "Mass Effect in Star Wars" the Agent storyline feels much more unique seeing as how they had to think it something from scratch instead of trying to emulate an existing Star Wars figure like Han Solo, Darth Vader, whatever.
The Imperial Inquisition

A EU Heavy RP Imperial Guild
"Death to the Emperor's enemies"

Verg
12.24.2011 , 06:46 AM | #18
This post will contain all manner of SPOILERS. You've been warned.

I've played through (and completed) the Jedi Knight, Sith Inq, and the Imp Agent (twice!) storylines during beta/live (JK, SI, IA during beta, my current IA during live) and I feel I can say, without any sort of doubt in my mind, that the Agent story is so far and beyond the others that it isn't even funny.

Sure, the JK story has some AMAZING missions, the Desolater and the Emperor's station come to mind, but overall? Its pretty meh, with JK chapter 1 being my absolute least favorite class storyline i've played yet.

The SI is much of the same; amazing single shot missions with disappointing filler.

The Agent's story-start to finish- Is full of ME level story telling. From Chapter1's chasing terrorists, to Chapter2's betrayals, double and triple crossing, all the way to the finale.

No other MMO's story comes close; only an elite group of games can say "yeah, my story is as good as the Agents".

Just my 2c.
I am a Chiss Gunslinger. Your argument is invalid.

Vgbeee
12.24.2011 , 09:41 AM | #19
The smuggler story is fairly underwhelming. I feel like I'm just running around having wacky, Saturday afternoon adventures with Skavak as the ever-present "baddie" who can just never manage to kill me.

BobaTed
12.24.2011 , 09:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
I liked the sith warrior. Not just the story line but the way all the npcs treat you. You basically outrank everyone you meet simply because you're a Sith warrior. Maybe they do that with inquisitors too?
Just the reverse, actually. Though non-Sith still call you "sir."

Finally played SW, and I didn't like it for precisely the same reason. Felt like the game was trying to make me act stupidly arrogant when I wanted to be scheming and plotting...