Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW - The unofficial server forum problem

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
BW - The unofficial server forum problem

anochiir
12.23.2011 , 04:23 AM | #1
Please refer to this thread and inparticaular a valid quote

Quote: Originally Posted by Veimi View Post
The reason people don't use them is that there's like 5-10 sites already with "all" server forums available. They, like me, are waiting for some of those to be officially unofficial before bothering to register.
There is a list of forums here
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=33477 that you can review and give approval to if you are not going to supply forums atleast give community sites your approval to appease the above comment.

This will give direction to the community and also make sure the forums are being flooded with individual server boards etc.

And yes, I am throwing my hat into the ring to cover all the EU Server only - read HERE as to why.

Many Thanks,

anochiir
12.23.2011 , 09:10 AM | #2
Surprised on the lack of response on this. At least for the time being BW have put their stall out saying the are not doing Server forums and they like to see the community be creative.

The 2nd option (all be it the last resort for many, and not an option for others!) is for BW to official endorse/link 1 or 2 Unofficial forums and link them from this site so people can easily find them and vice versa. Even if it's for a few of months, using an endorsed and linked 'unofficial Server forum' is better than non at all.

We all like to have server forums but surely this option is better than nothing?

Xunekaath
12.23.2011 , 09:11 AM | #3
That because they are reviewing the long thread about people who want official ones, me included. Hopefully that is the way they will end up going.

Xunekaath - Sith Lord - 2011 and beyond!
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||{||||o||||||]
Force Choking People With My Mind Since 1977!

anochiir
12.23.2011 , 09:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xunekaath View Post
That because they are reviewing the long thread about people who want official ones, me included. Hopefully that is the way they will end up going.
So 3 months down the line and there is still no server forums on the SWTOR site - what then? What has been lost between now and the point they actually do implement official forums if at all? how long are people going to wait for them to do it?

From what the community is offering including myself realistically there is only 3-4 suitable alternatives.

This thread isn't about advertising those forums it's about the BW Community Management Team actually looking at what is on offer and officially saying.

'Please visit this/these site(s) for the EU/NA server forums'

Let them use those community forums as guinea pigs, work with the administrators to get feed back as to whether it is plausible to do it etc. There's many ways of getting to the same place - this way is another method of getting there.

anochiir
12.23.2011 , 07:08 PM | #5
no1 wants to answer the questions in my last post?