Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chillshock
07.14.2014 , 04:47 AM | #841
@JustinJK - that's a different problem, entirely.

Alec_Fortescue
07.14.2014 , 08:10 AM | #842
Thread should be renamed to "Have an idea for a Warzone? Post it here so it looks like devs are listening!"
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

chillshock
07.14.2014 , 08:25 AM | #843
Well. You can help by upvoting the thread - after all you can't expect them to look at all the hundreds of threads in the forums and seriously work through all of them. So they have to prioritize.

a) threads they have posted in.
b) threads that are upvoted
c) very active threads
*) threads in certain boards
n) the usual whine and rubble.

Whatever the time permits gets combed by the community reps. Don't expect it to be every post.

Simple calculation: Say a post read takes 1 Minute (including understanding the weird language, i.e. removing the ,lol from the end of the sentences...) asking at least one fellow about the serious topic: 5 minutes (for 2 workers) so 10 Minutes. Then writing a reply carefully, making sure not to breach protocol and say some stuff they aren't allowed to... 4 Minutes (fast writer). Thats 15 Minutes of labour for a ... lackluster feedback of ONE Post.

Lets say you get about 100 Posts a day. 1500 Minutes of work. 25 hours.... 3,125 x 8 hours. That would mean 3 people doing nothing but reply in record speed in a meh way to all kinds of threads. I guess you want them to actually write summaries for their superiors, talk to those, ask a dev (if allowed), be friendly and not go nuts? Ok, so even 100 posts a day would end up causes 5-6 CRs and 1-2 devs and department leaders to work EACH DAY just to provide the 'read and react to everything experience'.

And that is why you have the same whine in almost every single MMO board: The expectation of "but this one is important"... maybe, but they still need to FIND it. AND read it.... and the whole processing, until a valid and proper response can be given.

So: Upvote threads you want them to read. Comment in threads constructively if you want them to be noticed and taken serious. There is no quarantee - but chances increase VASTLY.

SKYPATCH
07.14.2014 , 09:17 AM | #844
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Thread should be renamed to "Have an idea for a Warzone? Post it here so it looks like devs are listening!"
++++1

yOboSayO
07.14.2014 , 10:23 AM | #845
TBH personally, I don't mind not having or having new wrzs, I can't comment on other players because I have only started really playing this game early January so I don't know from previous patches how this game was, either way I'll still play this game because I like it plain and simple, however I'd like to see something done to Ranked WRZ have more then just 4v4 as an option 2v2 3v3 etc or the famous 8v8 that I keep reading about (was before i started playing as I read in forums this was in the game).

IMO adding new warzones into this game really won't help any servers or bring players back, as many forum posts that I have read, only thing that can really save this games PvP community, and keep putting money into BW pockets is to have cross-server. From sites and other posts, didn't SWTOR on launch week brought in like 2+ million WRZ played? and this game is somehow based on PvEsuperheroes? hmm... interesting, how many PvE Ques did it run through first week of launch?

They really need to focus on doing the cross-server more then remaking or creating new warzones, yes it brings variety for the current players, but still won't drive back the people that have left the game and make them want to resub.
Ybs Assassin -The Harbinger Ybs Shadow - The Harbinger

http://www.twitch.tv/yobsjr

Wittyavenger
07.15.2014 , 10:08 AM | #846
Boarding Party!

Two teams, 8v8, each team has a ship that has boarded the other. The teams must cross the space bridges to enter the enemy ship. Once in the enemy ship, one of two doors must be breached. Once breached the captain must be killed.

Winner is determined by final health of the captain.
If tied, who breached the door first.
If no doors are breached, most kills of opposing team.
Saving lives, one smart-*** comment at a time.

I RP, so what?

Anyakaschala
07.15.2014 , 01:37 PM | #847
Things that I would like to see implemented, along with new wz's.

1) practice mode - you can invite people at will up to max of 16 total to a wz and just practice. For example, be able to kind of play a huttball match but with no official timer or score keeper. Just a chance to play offense and defense, work on offense and defense, strategy, etc...

2) non-daily match - So grouped pre-mades have a chance to play against each other. Pick your wz and/or arena, play an actual match, but it doesn't count towards the daily. Comms would still be made as a match was actually completed. Possible caveat, allow for the teams of have a winner take all, meaning all comms, other team gets nothing. Choose your area is primary here. Allows for players to make their own "Huttball league." As a side bonus here, it might actually stop some of the no-pre-made complaints in unranked. As, I would imagine, once done with dailies, there really isn't really a reason to queue other than for comms. This way, teams can queue for a competitive match, get comms but not affect unranked.

3) Huttball league - it's been said numerous times, needs to be said again.

4) in terms of WZ's, maybe something along the lines of Alterac Valley. While it started as an epic battle, it basically became a race. And IMO, there is nothing wrong with a race. A race is a competition.

5) the ability to name your favorite warzone. Changeable, but say you love Huttball, you put that as your choice, and as thus gives you a better chance of getting a huttball queue, esp if others in the queue have huttball as their favorite. But gives you the chance to change it on a dime. Thus if you are in a pre-made, and everyone wants to do Hypergate, you can all pick Hypergate as a favorite, thus increasing the likelihood of a hypergate.

6) fixed ranked queues - a) must have chosen an advanced class. b) no more bolster in ranked of any form c) must have unbolstered 2018 expertise to queue. d) all talent points must be used. Thus, and while it can't eliminate the trolls from the queue. It will at least get rid of those that just got to max level to troll the queue.

7) unranked talent switch - only for unranked, but allow people to retalent, say from dps to heals BEFORE the match starts. So if you queue as dps, and there aren't any healers, gives your team a chance to get a healer.

Haystak
07.15.2014 , 04:08 PM | #848
Make every map a huttball map.

civil war hutball

Voidstar bridge hutball

Hypergate hutball

Hutball arena with no hutball, just deathmatch that ****.

Arena hutball.

Add random aoes that hit like artillery, some shields you can activate/deactivate. You can keep the spawn locations....except maybe in voidstar.

Delete queshball from the servers and never mention its exhistance again.

Create hutball league.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

General_Aldo
07.15.2014 , 06:45 PM | #849
Take out the cut-scenes from all warzones (Voidstar and NC). This isn't PvE and people really don't care about the story. I do get tired of skipping the cut-scene every time and being required to press Space Bar just to load the map.

The warzone maps should load automatically and without cut-scenes (Like Huttball)

But honestly, there should be maps that are already on an open world planet. Take some of the terrain from Hoth or Taris or some of the significant buildings from the maps. (Senate Tower). There are already some good designs that just need to be incorporated into warzone maps. New maps don't have to be created (Although I like this).
Bornsteller - Combat Medic
Lvi - Carnage Marauder
King of Pugs Legacy

volander
07.16.2014 , 05:33 AM | #850
Make here as it was in this game -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kCB8ztntvo

this is more than enough.
|█╠╬╬╬╬╬╬╣██{▀PURE]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)