Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dedrayge
04.02.2014 , 08:10 AM | #501
Wait...are people seriously suggesting we have WZs with NPCs to add PvE to them? People want to PvE in WZs when they are designed to be PvP content?

What in the nine *********** hells...Keep your damned PvE out of my PvP. I don't queue up for WZs to do any PvE but rather to PvP.

Want a mix of PvE and PvP, well, that's what we have open world PvP for...And even then it bothers me when NPCs ruin my PVP.

Quote: Originally Posted by TandyUK View Post
+1

Doesnt matter what ideas you have for another warzone.

We need Cross server queues, as well as seperate 4v4 and 8v8 queues before it will make the blindest bit of difference.
Have you ever tried pvping in SWTOR at 4am?
^^^

Can't play a new WZ if there's no one around.

Used to be able to PvP pretty much 24/7 when the game first launched...and this was on a PvE server.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

Capt_Beers
04.02.2014 , 08:59 AM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by Dedrayge View Post
Wait...are people seriously suggesting we have WZs with NPCs to add PvE to them? People want to PvE in WZs when they are designed to be PvP content?

What in the nine *********** hells...Keep your damned PvE out of my PvP. I don't queue up for WZs to do any PvE but rather to PvP.

Want a mix of PvE and PvP, well, that's what we have open world PvP for...And even then it bothers me when NPCs ruin my PVP.

^^^

Used to be able to PvP pretty much 24/7 when the game first launched...and this was on a PvE server.
This guy gets it.

Also I feel like it's worth pointing out that NPC mobs aren't players, so PvE geared players would actually probably do better than PvP geared players in WZ's where there is a focus on NPC mobs.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

SithEBM-Reborn
04.02.2014 , 09:29 AM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
This guy gets it.

Also I feel like it's worth pointing out that NPC mobs aren't players, so PvE geared players would actually probably do better than PvP geared players in WZ's where there is a focus on NPC mobs.
This is why you don't go to the PvErs/Casual PvPers for insight on PvP.

L-RANDLE
04.02.2014 , 09:39 AM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Dedrayge View Post

^^^

/signed
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

TUXs
04.02.2014 , 09:55 AM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by TandyUK View Post
+1

Doesnt matter what ideas you have for another warzone.

We need Cross server queues, as well as seperate 4v4 and 8v8 queues before it will make the blindest bit of difference.
Have you ever tried pvping in SWTOR at 4am?
I gotta agree with this after last night. Tuesday night - reset night, generally a very busy night - POT5 at 10:30PM CST we had 103 players on Pub Fleet #1. Switched to the second instance and there was ONE player...ME! 2 other guys came over with me and the 3 of us had the entire fleet to ourselves....

You want a PvP suggestion? Merge the servers. This is pre first server merge levels.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer/7-day sub/Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

TUXs
04.02.2014 , 09:57 AM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
This guy gets it.

Just ignore the trolls suggesting NPCs. In Open World, I think they're necessary...not in the box PvP this game has though...

However...if the populations continue dropping, we may need the NPCs to get a pop.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer/7-day sub/Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

SithEBM-Reborn
04.02.2014 , 09:59 AM | #507
How does this thread have 4 stars when it literally does nothing to help the dying player base?

MiaRB
04.02.2014 , 10:00 AM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM-Reborn View Post
This is why you don't go to the PvErs/Casual PvPers for insight on PvP.
get over yourself.
can't wait for this game to come out!

cycao
04.02.2014 , 10:02 AM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
get over yourself.
Watch out.

L-RANDLE
04.02.2014 , 10:04 AM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
You want a PvP suggestion? Merge the servers. This is pre first server merge levels.
/signed

In other words,

Dear Alex,
Fix the core of your game. Wasting time on this PR move is dumb. People are leaving because the core is broken, not for lack of maps. It's like putting $10,000 rims on a Ford Focus with 100K miles on it. Priorities FTW?

Sincerely,
L-Randle
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango