Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nitroyoshi
03.31.2014 , 03:46 PM | #121
a huttball designed with a hypergate like map but the thing is theres 3 balls in the middle and most scores wins
also hazards and stuff
Jedi Covenant: ✮Ootar✮ | Ootaria | Lunarios | Heliara | Ootard | Uutar
The Bastion: ✮Photar✮ | Ootar | Ootard
The Harbinger: ✮Uutar✮ | Brotar | Teymari
Mostly Harmless | white girl problems | w/e 10% xp guild i can find

Ludwig_VanCover
03.31.2014 , 03:48 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Hello Warzone Aficionados!

We are starting our pre-production (ideation stage, if you are into buzzwords) for the next Warzone and we want to get your ideas for a new Warzone!

We have a few ideas (even got a few prototypes on the backburner) on what we would like to do and what we *think* you would like but we want to hear your ideas before we move forward with a design!

Remember when you post, the more information the better. Layout pictures and descriptions always help, some of us are visual learners =P Think about and post your thoughts on how will the scoring work? What is the goal for each player? Will some players have different goals? How can players make a come-from-behind victory? Is this fun? The more questions you ask yourself about a design that you can answer and feel good about, the better the design.

Please make sure you understand that this is not a vote. Even if there is a consensus on a specific idea that everyone wants that is no guarantee that we will develop it. Also there is no guarantee that we will develop an idea that is suggested. We want to gather ideas on what you want from the next warzone so we can make something ya'll want!

Also please note that this Warzone will not be released Live during the current Road Map.

Looking forward to reading what yall have in mind!

Cheers!
Hey Alex,

I don't know if this suggestion is worth putting here (maybe I should start a new thread?) but how about a PvP warzone that is always up and resets every 30 mins? Something like the following:

PvP Title: Ilum Warfare

Objective: Control 3 Objective Points on Ilum and gain increased XP points /valor (?) per kill? Maybe you can add a "PvP" reputation for this type of game play like "Soldier of the Republic/Empire"...

How it works: You create an instanced PvP map that essentially never ends. 8 imps and 8 reps can be in the instance and each time one drops, someone else is added to the instance. There are 3 "control" points that start off as a base for each faction (so that is already 2) and a neural one in the middle. Each time you gain control of a base, NPCs (that attack, mind you, and would be a feat to take on - probably elites) for your faction spawn at the control point and help you defend it while you are off attacking other bases.

Now you might be saying "How do we prevent one faction from always holding control of control points?"... Well, you could add a system where if more than 2 control points are held by a certain faction, a "dropship" of 4 champion level NPCs are dispatched at a random control point and will fight any NPC/Player on the opposing faction to gain control of that control point. If that control point is taken, the NPCs dispawn... If it is not, it happens again at another place.

So, can you "win" in this type of map/playstyle? The answer is... no. It would always keeping happening and with smart players, the game play of the map will always change. The option to reset everything at 30 mins is just a suggestion if there are randomly long stalemates (but I don't see any in this idea) and also for the instance to start clean.

What else could Bioware do to make this map be enjoyable/worthwhile to play?
This game play is very easy (imo) to add additional PvP dailies. For example: Control 2 of the 3 Control Points in Ilum Warfare for more than 5 minutes; Kill X amount of players in Ilum Warfare; Kill X amount of each factions champion/elites mobs; etc. Don't forget that reputation idea. Each kill/each time you gain an objective, you are granted +rep points.

I hope you guys like this and please let me know if you liked this idea or if you saw any potential issues. I love this feedback between players and devs! Keep at it, Bioware!

EDIT: The map, if you would compare it to the original ilum open world PvP idea. should be at least half the size. I am not saying use the old Ilum map, but rather create a new zone. Heck, you could use this idea for a number of places, such as Hutta, Hoth, etc...
░▒ General Ludwig VanCover - The Army of Light ▒░
░▒ "The Time is Always Right to Do What is Right." ▒░
Acting Grandmaster of The Army of Light | Recruiting Tanks, and Healers
Commando Healer Extraordinaire - TEH Server

Ergale
03.31.2014 , 03:49 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Ah yes Murderball! I like this game mode but as you alluded to it suffers from the whole team pocket healing one person and turtling.

How would turtling be prevented? How do we keep the crystal moving around? How do we make healers not OP in this game mode? For example, what if you couldn't be healed (like when you are in the Arena sudden death Acid Cloud) while you carried the crystal, good idea? Bad idea?
Not being able to be healed while carrying the crystal would result in you being dead almost instantly. There could be reduced healing done to the crystal carrier to kinda of balance it out. As far as turtling, the way the map could be designed as you have to stay within 100m of the crystal stand or else you die or take three times the tick amount, and have the crystal stands in the middle of the map so they cannot turtle by their respawn point. Also a way to make every class viable to this warzone, would be allowing the guard from the tank to take some of the crystal ticks, This being a way to still being able to live through the minute of holding without a healer, but you still have a chance of getting killed by enemy players easier.
Empire
Viiera - Sith Marauder, Viavi - Sith Sorcerer
Viantai - Sith Assassin, Veronyyka - Sith Juggernaut
Republic
Veskiira - Jedi Sentinel, Varina - Jedi shadow
Viula - Vanguard
Prophecy of the Five

TonyDragonflame
03.31.2014 , 03:49 PM | #124
Q: New warzone?
A: We have no plans

/thread
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

brutall
03.31.2014 , 03:50 PM | #125
alterac valley Style !

KarethRiker
03.31.2014 , 03:51 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Something without the need to have a guard. Huttball is probably one of the most engaging WZ's you guys have created and I believe that's because it doesn't require a quarter of them team to be standing around doing nothing for 15 minutes like in NC, AC and AH (AH is the worst because you're instantly flamed for losing the node to a double sap cap). I don't really have anything specific in mind but I would like to see more WZ's that don't require a chunk of the team to just stand around doing nothing.

King of the hill type matches would be nice using the mechanics from AHG where kills charge a pylon or whatever except there is one neutral pylon that charges from both teams kills. Once your team has X amounts of kill you win the point and the hill moves.

Another feature I would like to see in a WZ is the removal of the guaranteed loss. In a few of the WZ's there is a point where no matter what you do a loss is inevitable or would be extremely unlikely to come back from. In AC once the score is n to (n/2-10) the game is pretty much over. A triple cap is needed at that point but if it's 450 - 215 it's very unlikely that a team would be able to maintain a trip cap that long to come back. If a stealther gets past you quickly in the first round of VS it puts you in a really bad spot.

So my ideal new WZ would be one where combat is the focus not who has more CC to cap a node, there isn't really a point where it's mathematically impossible to win and to not have it be requirement that 1-3 people on the team stand around away from the action doing nothing. King of the Hill and multi-flag CTF with the ability to steal flags back form the enemy team would be ideal.
I had a few non guarding WZ ideas on page 4. Lots to read on that thread so sorry for the wall, but I like some of the ideas and would be curious to hear what others think
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

TheCourier-
03.31.2014 , 03:52 PM | #127
King of the hill is much better than NPCs in WZs.

Lord_Oz
03.31.2014 , 03:56 PM | #128
Seeing a lot of people asking for CTF...let's get it done.
Peace is a lie...

JaingSkiratapwns
03.31.2014 , 03:57 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Oz View Post
Seeing a lot of people asking for CTF...let's get it done.
Huttball really is capture the flag, just with the option of throwing the flag to an ally.
......Meh

Joesixxpack
03.31.2014 , 03:58 PM | #130
I'll leave the creativity to more creative minds, a bunch have already posted good stuff.
Some general preferences for what's next:

- No guys left staring at a node and the clock please. I'm fine with what we've got but don't want to see more of it.

- King of the hill or a variant. Domination DM, with creative map design so it's not just a mini zerg pig pile at mid.

- Capture the flags.

- If viable, try to up the head count for whatever's next. 12 v 12 or more please. I have faith that you guys can make it work.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE