Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Droid Supremacy vs Dark Imperium

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Droid Supremacy vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling
05.14.2014 , 04:37 PM | #251
Well I'd be interested to hear thoughts on say how Traya will defend Malachor if G0-T0 manages to launch some drop pods filled with Terror Soldiers and the like. And also how G0-T0 will evade Traya's assassins on Nar Shaddaa.

i.e. assassination scenarios/arguments etc. Unless we have further thoughts on an invasion of Kamino.

ShadowMudkip
05.14.2014 , 04:41 PM | #252
If GO-TO manages to drop terror troopers onto Malachor, I believe that Traya's best chance at defeating them is with her assassins. However GO-TO would need to defeat any space forces above Malachor first, which I see as highly unlikely.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

Wolfninjajedi
05.14.2014 , 04:53 PM | #253
I may have already asked this, but does the DS get Terror Troops or Terror Troops + droids n all that?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
05.16.2014 , 09:07 AM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I may have already asked this, but does the DS get Terror Troops or Terror Troops + droids n all that?
Yes they do.
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowMudkip View Post
If GO-TO manages to drop terror troopers onto Malachor, I believe that Traya's best chance at defeating them is with her assassins. However GO-TO would need to defeat any space forces above Malachor first, which I see as highly unlikely.
I think given the numerical advantage the Supremacy has they could simply outmaneuver them.

Wolfninjajedi
05.16.2014 , 09:17 AM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Yes they do.I think given the numerical advantage the Supremacy has they could simply outmaneuver them.
Alright wasn't sure, that being said then...the Sith Assassins are gonna be hard pressed to destroy the Terror Droids, I mean they could with their force pikes probably as full power could rip through flesh, armor, stone and thin durasteel.

Quote:
"At it's maximum setting, a force pike could rip through flesh, armor, stone and even thin durasteel plating"

- Taken from New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology.
But then some of those droids are quick and have pretty good long range attacks.

If the Shadow Stormtroopers can survive on Malachor(don't think so personally, but just saying), that could help close the gap with the range. However then you have the Terror Troops(again just saying if they could survive on Malachor) who move faster than the eye can perceive, which means...the Terror Troops could essentially just speedblitz squads of Shadow Stormtroopers and then focus on the Sith Assassins along with the Terror Droids.

Buut...that's how I see it working out. The DI can take out the Terror Units...but they'll be hard pressed to do so.

Selenial
05.17.2014 , 10:04 AM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Alright wasn't sure, that being said then...the Sith Assassins are gonna be hard pressed to destroy the Terror Droids, I mean they could with their force pikes probably as full power could rip through flesh, armor, stone and thin durasteel.
But then some of those droids are quick and have pretty good long range attacks.
If the Shadow Stormtroopers can survive on Malachor(don't think so personally, but just saying), that could help close the gap with the range. However then you have the Terror Troops(again just saying if they could survive on Malachor) who move faster than the eye can perceive, which means...the Terror Troops could essentially just speedblitz squads of Shadow Stormtroopers and then focus on the Sith Assassins along with the Terror Droids.

Buut...that's how I see it working out. The DI can take out the Terror Units...but they'll be hard pressed to do so.
Can we make some distinction between creative writing and fact?

Faster than the eye can perceive obviously depends on how close the thing is to you, but we're talking hundreds of m/ph minimum here.

And eh, I reckon the elite shadow troopers can survive on malachor, but only the best.
Traya's commandos survived because they were mildly force sensitive, not enough to shoot lightning etc but still force sensitive.
A way of telling if someone is mildly force sensitive is their luck/skill, and shadow troopers are very skillful, as well as more durable and fast than other humans, yet another sign of force sensitivity.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling
05.17.2014 , 10:12 AM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post

Faster than the eye can perceive obviously depends on how close the thing is to you, but we're talking hundreds of m/ph minimum here.

And eh, I reckon the elite shadow troopers can survive on malachor, but only the best.
Traya's commandos survived because they were mildly force sensitive, not enough to shoot lightning etc but still force sensitive.
A way of telling if someone is mildly force sensitive is their luck/skill, and shadow troopers are very skillful, as well as more durable and fast than other humans, yet another sign of force sensitivity.
Probably true, but "very fast" definitely still applies. They might have even been equipped with repulsorlifts or something given that their speed was frankly unnatural - it did also feature in both cutscenes and game mechanics.

I think they'd have to be trained, which may be possible even if in a short amount of time, if Traya is able to use the Force to do it. But this limits the number present, however it is still possible.

I think Traya may have to take to the field. Which reminds me, Maul, he could prove effective if dispatched along with some assassins to track down G0-T0 on Nar Shaddaa (Black Sun style). He is also an accomplished tracker I believe.

That could prove a big issue for G0-T0.

Selenial
05.17.2014 , 10:43 AM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Probably true, but "very fast" definitely still applies. They might have even been equipped with repulsorlifts or something given that their speed was frankly unnatural - it did also feature in both cutscenes and game mechanics.

I think they'd have to be trained, which may be possible even if in a short amount of time, if Traya is able to use the Force to do it. But this limits the number present, however it is still possible.

I think Traya may have to take to the field. Which reminds me, Maul, he could prove effective if dispatched along with some assassins to track down G0-T0 on Nar Shaddaa (Black Sun style). He is also an accomplished tracker I believe.

That could prove a big issue for G0-T0.
STOP RUINING MY SCENARIO >.>

I'm working on it

But yeh, Traya taking to the field... I almost feel sorry for the terror units, her Force Storms would make pretty short work of them.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Wolfninjajedi
05.17.2014 , 10:59 AM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post

I assume you have some sort of source saying that Shadow Troopers are more durable/faster then humans?....Because they are humans too.

The Terror Troopers are still fast enough that they seem to disappear as shown..

here

Shadow Troopers have NEVER dealt with something that fast, they have shown no reactions or abilities above human levels. So they aren't gonna be able to take out Terror Troops...or at least not any great number of them if possible.

But this assuming that Shadows/Terrors can survive on Malachor for any extended period of time, if not then that just leaves the Terror Droids and SIth Assassins...which again the assassins could take out the droids...but then the droids could also take out the assassins.

Of course this isn't involving Traya, if she appears then yeah...probably tips the favor in the DI winning in that battle on Malachor as she takes out the droids.

=======

Now the defense in relation for the DS is...well poor, at least compared to the DI. The DS doesn't really have anything to counter Maul(PROXY & Guri would at best be a nuisance to him really), in fact he could probably just solo the mission to find/kill GO-TO considering he has great stealth/espionage capabilities and so forth.

Finding GO-TO is the only issue.

ShadowMudkip
05.24.2014 , 06:59 PM | #260
Shameless bump. But seriously though, now that the battlezone is getting finished up its time to do the same with this.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary