Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Droid Supremacy vs Dark Imperium

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Droid Supremacy vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling
03.31.2014 , 12:51 PM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Bonus Round: The Droid Supremacy vs The Dark Imperium

Welcome to the bonus round of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. Where the winner of the Runner-Up bracket and then Grand Champion go head to head for your viewing pleasure.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s set out the ground rules of the finals:

• The Kaggath is won or lost when the leader of either faction is killed.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or influence.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • Apathy is death. Factions are not allowed to hide or wait. They must act.
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power. Capital ships in particular will be evaluated by classification.
  • Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their faction’s decisions, this is instead determined by the nature of their leadership.

So, the combatants: They thought he was dead, that the Supremacy was over. But they were wrong, and the rumours were true. Deep within the belly of the underworld G0-T0, the legendary crime lord and Grand Champion of the Kaggath, reawakens in a new droid body and reassumes control of his faction. In the wake of a series of devastating conflicts only one faction remains to oppose his rule. The Lord of Betrayal, Darth Traya, musters the sinister forces of the Dark Imperium with plans to put down the droid overlord for a second and final time. Behold the factions!

The Droid Supremacy

Leadership

Head of State: G0-T0
Second-in-Command: Guri
Allies: PROXY & HK-01
Supplier: The Exchange

Military

Minor Ground Force: Trade Federation Army & Terror Units
Naval Force: Black Sun Navy

Planets

Capital: Bothawui
Supply Base: Nar Shaddaa
Stronghold/Military Base: Kamino
Stronghold/Military Base: Geonosis
Shipyards: Mon Calamari

The Dark Imperium

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Traya
Second-in-Command: Admiral Trench
Allies: Darth Maul & HK-47
Supplier: Santhe/Sienar Technologies

Military

Minor Ground Force: Shadow Trooper Legion & Sith Assassins
Major Naval Force: Open Circle Fleet & Malgus’ Stealth Fleet

Planets

Capital: Raxus Secundus
Supply Base: Raxus Prime
Stronghold/Military Base: Malachor V
Stronghold/Military Base: Saleucami
Shipyards: Bonadan

Darth Traya and her Imperium are the only things standing between G0-T0 and galactic droid domination. It’s time for a long awaited rematch my friends! But who will win? The battle lines have been drawn...

Let the Kaggath begin!

Beniboybling
03.31.2014 , 12:53 PM | #2
I figured I'd give folks more of a reason to read the OP this time so I swapped out the usual faction descriptions for a bit of story time. Enjoy!

Selenial
03.31.2014 , 01:11 PM | #3
Long awaited? I'll say
Been looking forward to this!

Will start it off with the Traditional run down of why I win

• HK-47. Who better to cancel down HK-01 than his predecessor? HK-47 is a dominator, he's a fighting machine that could even handle the likes of Guri with ease, fitted with a Stealth Generator by Maul and he's god.
  • Traya's foresight. Well, if there's a reason to pick G0-T0, it's that he's amazing at playing the coward. He can hide in any little hidey hole like an absolute Baus, and no leader in this Kaggath can effectively track G0-T0 as well as Traya can.
  • Traya's foreknowledge. She knows everything about G0-T0, and he knows nothing of her. She knows his secret, she know's he's a droid. What on earth would the bounty hunters say if they realised he was a droid? He himself remarks at how pathetic of a crime boss he'd be with just the disguise of a lowly "accountant droid"
  • Maul. This guy's a baus, he took down the entire Black Sun on his own, all the Vigos, everything. He did this because no matter how much money they throw at bounty hunters, droids, and defenses, No Non-Force User can stop him. This match would be no different to that elimination of the Black sun.
  • Malgus' Stealth Fleet. Rakata Tech, Nuff said. But in case it's not, these things would decimate Warren's fleets, coming out of stealth, wrecking them from behind. Not going to lie, If we had 5 Harrowers against 40 of her frigates, and it was a fight on the Harrower's terms, I doubt a single Harrower would be scratched.
  • Open Circle Fleet. The powerful ability to keep toe to toe with any amount of Starfighters is something that is blatantly obvious of the open circle fleet. The Mandator alone carries enough Starfighters to Dwarf the Black sun Navy. These guys are also piloted, at least the elite squadrons are, by Dark Jedi from Revan's naval force.
  • Sith Assassins. Whilst these bad boys are most effective against force users and biologicals, they serve their purpose here. Sith Assassins were known to set up underworld contracts, terrorize planets etc. Once Faith in G0-T0 is lost, these could head to Nar Shadaa and set up contacts and armies.
  • Shadow Troopers. Stealth, Need I say more? Infiltrate Geonosis/Kamino much?
  • Santhe/Sienar, I've been through this a LOT, these guys produce everything.
  • Malachor 5. I know, it's been debated to death, but the fact of the matter is, even if by some miracle Warren gains space superiority, she doesn't have the weaponry to fire long range, she doesn't have the Pilots to land masses of forces here (which is her speciality) and she has no Force users to take on Traya/Maul in the core.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Selenial
03.31.2014 , 01:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I figured I'd give folks more of a reason to read the OP this time so I swapped out the usual faction descriptions for a bit of story time. Enjoy!
Very nice :P
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Silenceo
03.31.2014 , 01:17 PM | #5
Begun, the Shadow War has...
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Beniboybling
03.31.2014 , 01:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Begun, the Shadow War has...
My thoughts exactly.

Wolfninjajedi
03.31.2014 , 01:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Long awaited? I'll say
Been looking forward to this!

Will start it off with the Traditional run down of why I win

• HK-47. Who better to cancel down HK-01 than his predecessor? HK-47 is a dominator, he's a fighting machine that could even handle the likes of Guri with ease, fitted with a Stealth Generator by Maul and he's god.
You mean his successor. Also I doubt that latter bit, but your right on HK-01, 47 could take him down.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Selenial
03.31.2014 , 01:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
You mean his successor. Also I doubt that latter bit, but your right on HK-01, 47 could take him down.
Yep, god knows why I put Predecessor

But yeh, I think he could take Guri with a Stealth Field Generator.... His combat skills were exceptional, Sienar has the cloaking fields for it and Mauls skill with technology was unprecedented in the sith.

Aurbere
03.31.2014 , 02:02 PM | #9
The Imperium's greatest advantages are infiltration and assassination. So let's use these advantages, Sel. Dispatch a group of stealthed Harrowers to Geonosis, plant a battalion of Shadow Troopers, feign defeat, and retreat. The best tactic here is to feign weakness while infiltrators go about their work.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
03.31.2014 , 02:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Yep, god knows why I put Predecessor

But yeh, I think he could take Guri with a Stealth Field Generator.... His combat skills were exceptional, Sienar has the cloaking fields for it and Mauls skill with technology was unprecedented in the sith.
Combat skills...you mean firing a blaster? :P Guri can do that too and is fantastic with H2H coupled with her super speed/strength.

Though HK could probably, she could easily just as trash him.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.