Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Female Romance Options


Gasaraki-'s Avatar


Gasaraki-
12.29.2011 , 09:58 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Vasdenjas View Post
Ok, so I am playing a Jedi counsler shadow (not that this will have anything to do with my class) and have not yet finished the game, but as a female am so far disappointed with my flirtable options (of which there have been two so far). I am level 30 am I am hoping beyond hope that I will have a relationship option for a big buff male who is horribly alien looking. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Bioware and Dragon Age is my second favorite game (Zelda will always be my first) but I have noticed that when it comes to female romance options...they are found wanting. The best (by best I mean buff wise) romance option Bioware has produced for females was Jacob Taylor in ME2. Other than him you have the option of aliens! My hope is that Bioware will cater to the female population and give us a big buff guy option...maybe a commando? Big buff sith trying to change his ways? There are lots of possibilities here!

Would be much appreciated

P.S. I still love the storyline though. This MMO is the best I have ever played.
This made me smile. I totally agree. I guess girls like big buff guys... =(

LizardSF's Avatar


LizardSF
12.29.2011 , 10:05 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Gasaraki- View Post
This made me smile. I totally agree. I guess girls like big buff guys... =(
I suspect girls, like guys, have widely varying tastes in partners, even if we're talking purely aesthetics and not actual concerns like personality, etc. I mean, I prefer women who are a bit on the zaftig side, but there's no "Mako, go get something to eat, you're too skinny" button.

There are companion customizations, but it would be nice to have more direct control, especially for romantic-option companions. I suspect this all falls into the "Look for it around the time of the first commercial expansion" category, because the asset creation pipeline in games like this is pretty long.
MrLizard.com: All-new material for tabletop RPGs (mostly D&D 4e), occasional rants, and original science fiction and fantasy.
Why the developers haven't fixed that bug yet!
Don't be a looser -- read Grammar For Gamers

Gasaraki-'s Avatar


Gasaraki-
12.29.2011 , 10:07 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolvana View Post
I'm a girl!

I know there are less female players than male player on SWTOR, but I'm disappointed to see that there are way more options of romance for male players than for girls!

Male player can romance aliens, twi'lek girls, etc, most of them are very beautiful... but girls can only romance humans! (except the Catar for soldiers, maybe)! why that? can't we girls go out with a twi'lek male, a Chiss male, etc? what's wrong with that?

In ME we girls could only have Kaidan as a male romance, and he was human. THEN they understood that we wanted more aliens for romance and added Thane and Garrus to flirt with for ME2.


Please Bioware, think about girl players too. Give us more choice! aliens, but also bulky and manly men as well! you know girls like romances and you should try to attract female players like that, too ^^

just my opinion
There isn't more options for male characters. I played a Jedi Counselor and you can romance one companion and she comes at like level 40+. Great Bioware... 2 flirt options during the game. Romance in this game is really lacking. I want to marry NPCs too or give us optional companions. KOTOR had WAY more companions. 5 and they come staggered with my level and I have to have them? How about 10 total companions and I get only to keep 5. Some of the 10 are bi and some are not. That way we have choice and not shoehorned in to one female companion to romance with.

Gasaraki-'s Avatar


Gasaraki-
12.29.2011 , 10:12 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by LightNaveR View Post
I think companions choices for romances in SWTOR are actually very, very Very bad... And actually are maybe even worse for male characters? (definitely atleast on republic side!)
I think that most people wants to have his/her romance-able companion running and fighting with you (and joinig conversations..) all the time. I surely do. But in most cases you are forced to use 1-2 other 'usefull' companion. So your favorite companion will stay at ship 99% of time.. Except when you smmon him/her to give some presents and then speak with them on ship each 700+ affection? What a pointless waste. That companion coments on quests are way better than whole romance 'line' anyway. (and you can get that affection points more 'naturally')

As a Jedi Sage (heal/dps) I need tank which i have only 2 Male tank options.
Jedi Shadow (tank/dps) can use a healer - only 1 male option available.
My only 1 female comapanion is melle dps in light armor - useless for any important fight.
I hate that lizard 'thing' i must carry with me. Leaving him behind to die and just resumon him. Did bioware really thing we will 'care' about this horrible companions?

As a Jedi Knight, (at both advaced classes) you want a healer - only male option available.

Smuggler - (dps/heal) Wants a tank - Only male tank available.

Trooped is the only republic option for a male character to have Usefull companion being your romance option (a 'by the book' soldier medic... ) Not a great option, but waay bettter than disgusting lizard thing which I'm forced to travel with :/

Except trooper it seems to me republic side should be played with female players only?
Poor me, i'm a male but don't like playing for Evil Empire, it's just not my taste. So no interesting companion or romance at all for me.


On Empire side, only BH has Mako as great sidekick. Mako looks great, if only was not on empire side... :/

SW - starts with Vette, great. But later will switch to Male healer!

SI - Same as Consular, no female option.

IA - Well, I actually don't know this class at all, seems to have female healer, so if you can Tank it's the second Empire best character/companion combo?


Why there is not a single female companion tank? :P

PS: Yea, I know. My english is horrible, if anyone wants to pick on it, go ahead. I don't care
I'm 100% with you. +1

LizardSF's Avatar


LizardSF
12.29.2011 , 10:15 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Gasaraki- View Post
There isn't more options for male characters. I played a Jedi Counselor and you can romance one companion and she comes at like level 40+. Great Bioware... 2 flirt options during the game. Romance in this game is really lacking. I want to marry NPCs too or give us optional companions. KOTOR had WAY more companions. 5 and they come staggered with my level and I have to have them? How about 10 total companions and I get only to keep 5. Some of the 10 are bi and some are not. That way we have choice and not shoehorned in to one female companion to romance with.
You're looking at it the wrong way. There's FORTY companions in the game. That's a lot of voice acting, quest writing, testing, and debugging. I didn't play the single-player KOTOR games... did they have forty companions, each with multiple quests and voiceovers specifically for them?

Also, there are issues of balance to consider... the more the companions differ and the more choices you have, the more BioWare has to consider people claiming they're "forced" to pick X over Y because "X has better stats" or the like. And, of course, if there's no difference, people will claim that it's just an illusion of choice and it's a way for BioWare to make it look like there's more content than there is.

Assuming the game retains even half a million players consistently over time, it will be successful enough that there will be ongoing development and additional options. Threads like this should serve to encourage BioWare that people want more choices and to focus some dev resources on providing them, not on complaining that infinite choices weren't offered at launch. The game had to ship eventually; there's only so much money you can burn through, and at some point, the feature list has to be frozen. I'd rather have five well-defined companions with unique voices, storylines, and abilities, then my choice of ten companions who are each only half as developed, which are, when you think about development schedules, the only options.
MrLizard.com: All-new material for tabletop RPGs (mostly D&D 4e), occasional rants, and original science fiction and fantasy.
Why the developers haven't fixed that bug yet!
Don't be a looser -- read Grammar For Gamers

Gasaraki-'s Avatar


Gasaraki-
12.29.2011 , 10:33 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by LizardSF View Post
You're looking at it the wrong way. There's FORTY companions in the game. That's a lot of voice acting, quest writing, testing, and debugging. I didn't play the single-player KOTOR games... did they have forty companions, each with multiple quests and voiceovers specifically for them?

Also, there are issues of balance to consider... the more the companions differ and the more choices you have, the more BioWare has to consider people claiming they're "forced" to pick X over Y because "X has better stats" or the like. And, of course, if there's no difference, people will claim that it's just an illusion of choice and it's a way for BioWare to make it look like there's more content than there is.

Assuming the game retains even half a million players consistently over time, it will be successful enough that there will be ongoing development and additional options. Threads like this should serve to encourage BioWare that people want more choices and to focus some dev resources on providing them, not on complaining that infinite choices weren't offered at launch. The game had to ship eventually; there's only so much money you can burn through, and at some point, the feature list has to be frozen. I'd rather have five well-defined companions with unique voices, storylines, and abilities, then my choice of ten companions who are each only half as developed, which are, when you think about development schedules, the only options.
KOTOR and KOTOR2 had around 9 companions and they all had companion missions. They all came relatively early in the game and some of them were optional. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate all had more options more CHOICE. I like choosing stuff that's why I like playing RPGs. At the end of Mass Effect 2, I had to split up the team to accomplish different objectives. I had to choose who I thought was the best person for the different jobs that needed to be done (ie, team leader, hacking to open doors, etc). It was awesome, my choices affected my story and that's what I like.

NinteyNines's Avatar


NinteyNines
12.29.2011 , 11:14 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by aureliex View Post
the other dude you get much later in the game, and he is romanceable.

But..

I. Don't. Want. Him. I'm still confused about our romance options

Just like real life...

Aesri's Avatar


Aesri
12.29.2011 , 11:29 AM | #48
I have to say, I've rather enjoyed my Smuggler's emotional-life dalliances. Playfully flirting with a rogue gentleman gambler, watching Corso get jealous (oh come on, it's freaking CUTE seeing him do that), etc. I haven't tried any of the others (only have a Sorcerer and Sentinel until the BH issue clears up). Though I admit I'm curious to see how I approach it with the Inquisitor. Evil Palpatine-girl don't dig wimps, after all.

Readily though, you're quite right in that our options are somewhat...well...."off" from the broader pallet offered to men/male characters. Not that I'd expect that to change greatly, and if this is to be I'm just hoping for quality over quantity. Buff is nice....but if it's as shallow as a puddle then it's just not worth pursuing.
"I'm a smuggler. I point and laugh at blockades."

Evolvana's Avatar


Evolvana
12.29.2011 , 11:34 AM | #49
>>LightNaver: I think that Kaliyo (for Imperial agent, 1st companion) is a Tank. ^^

Quote: Originally Posted by Evolvana
As I said somewhere else, same-sex romances are more for heterosexual players who want to have fun

Quote: Originally Posted by BrigOrion View Post
Are you so amazingly ignorant that you think the only people who play games are heterosexual?
Are you so amazingly ignorant not to understand what I said at all? I mean a lot of people who want same-sex romances are heterosexuals, I didn't say that no homosexuals want that too. Of course they want, too.

But it would be stupid to think that this "same-sex romance" market is just for the homosexual customers/players, that's all. It interests a lot of heterosexuals too.

It was not the point of this topic, I don't want to start that kind of conversation again.

We were talking about female player romances.

magnuskn's Avatar


magnuskn
12.29.2011 , 12:05 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by AdannKomrik View Post
Very understandable. The romance options in DA and DA 2 sucked (Anders) but I liked Atton in KOTOR 2. I hope the Imperial Agent romances don't suck.
Eh, Alistair seems like a fine guy. Humor, valiant, self-deprecating. Not nearly as whiny as Kaidan or Carth.
Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.